Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Hi i'm a user from Taiwan.
My laptop is Lenovo ideapad 720s
I was used the battery patch (battery_Lenovo-Ideapad-Y700.txt).
The battery show is work but my wifi will delay about 1 min then work normally .
how can I solve this problem ?
Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    115.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
May I ask how the offset is calculated?

@weidomo, @king-drangon,

Have you looked at EC Enabler ?

It's a Lilu plugin that allows MacOS to read laptop EC battery parameters directly without modification.
No need for ACPI DSDT battery patching and/or SSDT hot patching.
Worked great on my HP Spectre X360 Laptop.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Have you looked at EC Enabler ?

It's a Lilu plugin that allows MacOS to read laptop EC battery parameters directly without modification.
No need for DSDT battery patching and/or SSDT hot patching.
Worked great on my HP Spectre X360 Laptop.
@jaymonkey I tried using ecenabler but it doesn't seem to work for me

Hello, I apologize in advance if my English is bad, the problem is that nothing has changed after the patch, it just starts up a little longer, Lenovo x240 laptop, I received the files through Clover f4 and parsed through iasl, also patched through MaciASL, saved, threw I patched it to the EFI / CLOVER / ACPI / folder, then rebooted the laptop and nothing has changed, it did not give any errors, what could be the problem?

Hello, I apologize in advance if my English is bad, the problem is that nothing has changed after the patch, it just starts up a little longer, Lenovo x240 laptop, I received the files through Clover f4 and parsed through iasl, also patched through MaciASL, saved, threw I patched it to the EFI / CLOVER / ACPI / folder, then rebooted the laptop and nothing has changed, it did not give any errors, what could be the problem?
zip and upload your EFI

This is my DSDT file and im trying to patch battery on lenovo X380 but whenever I do
into device label EC code_regex ERIB,\s+16, replace_matched begin ERI0,8,ERI1,8, end;
I get 1 patches, 0 changes and it also has 4 errors before I even patch anything and I'm not too sure whats happening? Some guidance would be appreciated

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
wow I want to thank rehabman for this thread, I was getting AE_BAD_PARAMETER from my coreboot/tianocore osx mbp10,1 .. I was using the smbus hc in linux direct access which works fine in linux but in osx I had to switch back to BAT0 legacy.. in linux it was ok but in osx the dsdt even retail one kept giving me AE_BAD_PARAMETER.. while using the sbs0 and smb0 did not work it just keep timing out when polling for some reason. tried acid0001 also not work. thank you again, it will be impossible to have understood that it was caused by 8 bit problem and also the way to fix it by splitting the bytes

Back