Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

When I checked your DSDT you do not have the ASUS SN55L patch added. Check again, make sure you save it as ACPI machine language file and put in patched folder.

Also make sure you have these kexts installed as well. This will let hardware monitor app run which also shows battery status, after you patch your DSDT with ASUS battery patch you will get the icon with percentage on top bar as well.

View attachment 317718

Hi starcentral,
I have checked again and the patch is in my DSDT.aml. I also patched
1. OS check fix win8
2. Asus N55L battery patch
3. Fn Brightness keys
4.Shutdown Fix v2
5. Keyboard backlight patch 4
And the kext that you mentioned are in the kexts/Other folder.
At the moment, my graphics, function key, audio, and keyboard backlight are working. Mouse is partially functional. The only thing not working is the battery status not showing when I click on the square box "Show battery status in menu bar"; the battery icon appeared and immediately disappeared.
Any idea what is happening?

Hi RehabMan,
I have made some changes but the battery status is not showing on the top bar. The battery can charge and discharge normally but seems consume more power than win10. Is this normal ?
Attached the new files after changes. Thank you.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I have no idea what that could be but run hardware monitor app and see if battery status showing at bottom of the list...

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 9.21.37 AM.png

Also what machine version are you running in your SMSBIOS? Maybe you do not have a MacBook selected. I use MacBookPro14,1

Hi,

Please look at the new zip file I just uploaded.
Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_23980.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Sorry I am not sure what do you mean. You mean the kexts in the kexts/Other have to be stored in S/L/E? Yes I read the above link and I am quite confuse with using Kext Wizard to place the kexts in S/L/E and the kexts placed in the kexts/Other folder. I would very much appreciate that you can clarify the matter. Does it mean that all the kexts placed in the kexts/Other folder have to be placed in S/L/E or L/E?
Thank you.

Sorry I am not sure what do you mean. You mean the kexts in the kexts/Other have to be stored in S/L/E?

Yes.
FakeSMC.kext (and likely other kexts such as ACPIBatteryManager) is part of the set "kexts you need".

The FAQ has instructions for installing kexts to /Library/Extensions. You should read it.

Yes.
FakeSMC.kext (and likely other kexts such as ACPIBatteryManager) is part of the set "kexts you need".

The FAQ has instructions for installing kexts to /Library/Extensions. You should read it.

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks for the reply, I will read it in details.
Thank you.

Hi,
I have done the necessary changes to include all kext files in Other folder to S/L/E. But everything remain the same. The battery status remains not working.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• debug_18921.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 64
Back