Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Hi RehabMan,
The steps I followed:
0. Disassembling ACPI files : iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
1. DSDT
a. Remove the BNUM line as stated in the guide.
b. Patched OS Check fix win 8.
c. Patched Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
d. Patched Asus N55SL/VivoBook Battery
e. Patched ALS Haswell
f. Patched Fn Brightness Keys
g. Patched NullEthernet
h. Patched Shutdown Fix v2
2.SSDT-5
a. Patched Remove _DSM methods as stated in the guide.

Hi RehabMan,
The steps I followed:
0. Disassembling ACPI files : iasl -da -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml
1. DSDT
a. Remove the BNUM line as stated in the guide.
b. Patched OS Check fix win 8.
c. Patched Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel
d. Patched Asus N55SL/VivoBook Battery
e. Patched ALS Haswell
f. Patched Fn Brightness Keys
g. Patched NullEthernet
h. Patched Shutdown Fix v2
2.SSDT-5
a. Patched Remove _DSM methods as stated in the guide.

With IGPU only, no need to patch any SSDTs.
Read here carefully:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

NullEthernet.kext needs only SSDT-RMNE.aml.

Mutex can be fixed with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixMutex=true

Any change requires new "problem reporting" files. None attached.

With IGPU only, no need to patch any SSDTs.
Read here carefully:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

NullEthernet.kext needs only SSDT-RMNE.aml.

Mutex can be fixed with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/FixMutex=true

Any change requires new "problem reporting" files. None attached.

I have error on SSDT-5 when compile SSDT-5.dsl file....so I don't need to patch and save to patch folder?
If all the SSDT-0 to SSDT-5 file don't need to patch. Do I need to save it to the patched folder as the origin folder has all SSDT.aml files? Sorry for the silly question as the guide that I mentioned previously indicated that I should save in patched folder. To me, it is not very clear.
I will try to redo the DSDT again.

I have error on SSDT-5 when compile SSDT-5.dsl file....so I don't need to patch and save to patch folder?
If all the SSDT-0 to SSDT-5 file don't need to patch. Do I need to save it to the patched folder as the origin folder has all SSDT.aml files? Sorry for the silly question as the guide that I mentioned previously indicated that I should save in patched folder. To me, it is not very clear.
I will try to redo the DSDT again.

Without dual GPU, no need to patch (or recompile) any SSDTs. In fact, no need for any OEM SSDTs in ACPI/patched at all.

Hi RehabMan,
You mentioned IGPU. Do you mean I have to patch "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" for SSDT-0 to SSDT-5?

Hi RehabMan,
I saw your reply please ignore my last post.Thank you.

Hi RehabMan,
I have made some changes but the battery status is not showing on the top bar. The battery can charge and discharge normally but seems consume more power than win10. Is this normal ?
Attached the new files after changes. Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_3235.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 61
Hi RehabMan,
I have made some changes but the battery status is not showing on the top bar. The battery can charge and discharge normally but seems consume more power than win10. Is this normal ?
Attached the new files after changes. Thank you.

When I checked your DSDT you do not have the ASUS SN55L patch added. Check again, make sure you save it as ACPI machine language file and put in patched folder.

Also make sure you have these kexts installed as well. This will let hardware monitor app run which also shows battery status, after you patch your DSDT with ASUS battery patch you will get the icon with percentage on top bar as well.

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 6.56.19 AM.png

Back