Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] How to install macOS 14 Sonoma on Z390 Aorus Elite motherboard using OpenCore

The link to download OCLP doesn't seem to be active, if I read correctly. And I didn't find the roots either.
But I think I'm waiting for simpler solutions. :(
link seems fine:

@ifreddy
No simpler way to get back the Fenvi on Sonoma. The kexts (added and blocked) + SIP disabled + SecureBootModel disabled + OCLP root patch are mandatory.

Your EFI only miss SecureBootModel=j160, for OCLP root patch it must be Disabled.

The link to OCLP is active. Get latest:

EDIT: posted before reading @Feartech post, that's why I duplicated the link.

Last edited:
Hi Miliuco, again excellent guide, worked like a charm!

I have not-related question - how would you suggest adding Windows on separate drive? Can I just install it and be shown at boot loader screen? I remember there were some settings needed in the BIOS but not sure.

Thanks!

@Petrak1s
There are no specific BIOS options for dual booting with Windows. As usual, CSM disabled, Fast Boot disabled.

Dortania guide says:

Dualbooting on different disks
  • I will not get too long in this part as it's the EASIEST one:
  • Install macOS on one of the disks
  • Install Windows on the other disk
  • Install/copy OpenCore on the macOS disk EFI
  • You're good to go.
But if you can disconnect the macOS drive and install Windows on another drive without the macOS drive being connected, it is safer and trouble-free.

When finished, you must have a disk with OpenCore in the EFI partition + macOS in the APFS partition and Windows on its own disk with its own EFI partition (created when installing Windows). macOS disk is the first boot device in BIOS.

ScanPolicy=0 allows to see the Windows disk in the OpenCore picker.

Last edited:
please share your efi

@Petrak1s
There are no specific BIOS options for dual booting with Windows. As usual, CSM disabled, Fast Boot disabled.

Dortania guide says:

Dualbooting on different disks
  • I will not get too long in this part as it's the EASIEST one:
  • Install macOS on one of the disks
  • Install Windows on the other disk
  • Install/copy OpenCore on the macOS disk EFI
  • You're good to go.
But if you can disconnect the macOS drive and install Windows on another drive without the macOS drive being connected, it is safer and trouble-free.

When finished, you must have a disk with OpenCore in the EFI partition + macOS in the APFS partition and Windows on its own disk with its own EFI partition (created when installing Windows). macOS disk is the first boot device in BIOS.

ScanPolicy=0 allows to see the Windows disk in the OpenCore picker.
Thank you for the detailed explanation!

Just as suggestion, adding to the first post
"Note: if you use AMFIPass 1.4.0 or later you can remove -amfipassbeta boot arg."

Happy Chinese New Year

Last edited:
Back