Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] How to install macOS 14 Sonoma on Z390 Aorus Elite motherboard using OpenCore

do you get DRM with iMac19.1? I got it working only with imacpro1,1.
It's the expected behaviour. In the Hacks "Only IGPU-free Mac models allow for full DRM content access given a compatible AMD GPU video decoder" as read in WhateverGreen FAQ.Chart.md.
So you can have DRM only with iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1, both Models lack iGPU.
I can have partial DRM on iMac19,1 (iGPU as headless mode) setting unfairgva=6 as boot arg.

It's the expected behaviour. In the Hacks "Only IGPU-free Mac models allow for full DRM content access given a compatible AMD GPU video decoder" as read in WhateverGreen FAQ.Chart.md.
So you can have DRM only with iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1, both Models lack iGPU.
I can have partial DRM on iMac19,1 (iGPU as headless mode) setting unfairgva=6 as boot arg.
Thanks a lot for the knowledge. I am confident with the upgrade and I just did it. Now I am on Sonoma 14.2.1 :)

Hello @miliuco!
Used your EFI version in post #7 and patcher, and the next result WIFI worked perfectly but BT bluetooth is refused.
in enable mode return to off after 5 seconds in System-Bluetooth-flag
How to fix it in configuration?
Thank you!

Attachments

• efi.zip
    29.8 MB · Views: 16
Hi there @miliuco , I had successfully installed Sonoma 14.2.1 using this guide. Thanks a lot for it.
In my case, the difference is in the Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390UD, and the dGpu: RX 6600. I had to add RealtekRTK8111. After the installation I had to map My USBs with Hackintool and OCAuxiliaryTool and all works like charm. I just have one doubt. I have some USB Wi-Fi dongles I used to use with Monterey I had before. Using chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter but, its requires SIP disabled to can install and use it. So I have to disable every time SIP in the launcher before load Sonoma and I don't know I can have it permanent, when I reboot the option is on "enable" again... how I can solve this? I have a mini PC with Sonoma and I disabled SIP booting in recovery mode and type 'csrutil disable' in terminal, reboot and that's it my dongles Wi-Fi works, but, in this case this is not working for me. I am not an experienced user, so I thought maybe in your EFI there is an option to remove this 'SIP' switcher from the launcher. Is it possible? Cheers!

iScreen Shoter - Preview - 240106151340.jpg

@jFog
That OpenCore picker entry modifies SIP only for the current boot.
You need to work with SIP disabled. To do this:

- modify NVRAM >> Add >> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 >> csr-active-config=6F020000
- add csr-active-config in NVRAM >> Delete >> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 (if it doesn't exist yet).

Chris111 has a way to keep SIP enabled while using Wireless-USB-Adapter, read this:

@miliuco
Is your wifi also Fenvi? Or is a different chipset?
Yes combo.

Silly question: the cable from the Bluetooth card to the USB 2 port in the mobo: is it plugged?
Plugged
Note: if you use AMFIPass 1.4.0 you can remove -amfipassbeta boot arg.
Yes 1.4
Only amfi=0x80

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2024-01-06 в 17.38.14.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-01-06 в 17.38.14.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 21
  • Снимок экрана 2024-01-06 в 17.41.29.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-01-06 в 17.41.29.png
    266.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Снимок экрана 2024-01-06 в 17.39.14.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-01-06 в 17.39.14.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • Снимок экрана 2024-01-06 в 17.40.20.png
    Снимок экрана 2024-01-06 в 17.40.20.png
    184 KB · Views: 21
Hi everyone.

I updated the OS. in Sonoma and of course, as we already know, everything works except the wi-fi card.

I have a FENVI FV-T919 1750Mbps (AC-BT4.0)

1) I updated the EFI by putting the one from post#7.
2) I downloaded the additional kexts and copied them under the EFI\OC\kext folder

The WI-FI icon is enabled (unlike before which had the "!" above it), but no wi-fi network is detected.
imm1 wifi.png

---------------------

imm2 wifi.png

I attach my used EFI.
I attach images of the properties found in INFO SYS.

Can you help me explain what I didn't do?
Thank you!
HI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.8 MB · Views: 10
Hi everyone.

I updated the OS. in Sonoma and of course, as we already know, everything works except the wi-fi card.

I have a FENVI FV-T919 1750Mbps (AC-BT4.0)

1) I updated the EFI by putting the one from post#7.
2) I downloaded the additional kexts and copied them under the EFI\OC\kext folder

The WI-FI icon is enabled (unlike before which had the "!" above it), but no wi-fi network is detected.
View attachment 577977
---------------------

View attachment 577978

I attach my used EFI.
I attach images of the properties found in INFO SYS.

Can you help me explain what I didn't do?
Thank you!
HI.
did you run OCLP and run the root patches?

did you run OCLP and run the root patches?
The link to download OCLP doesn't seem to be active, if I read correctly. And I didn't find the roots either.
But I think I'm waiting for simpler solutions. :(

Back