Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] How to install macOS 14 Sonoma on Z390 Aorus Elite motherboard using OpenCore

@miliuco

Pardon me for asking this noobie question (since I am not familiar with OCLP) but do you install Sonoma first, without any OCLP kexts + patches, then after Sonoma has installed successfully, run OCLP and reboot the system with the OCLP-modified config.plist + kexts + patches?

Thank you.

@miliuco

Pardon me for asking this noobie question (since I am not familiar with OCLP) but do you install Sonoma first, without any OCLP kexts + patches, then after Sonoma has installed successfully, run OCLP and reboot the system with the OCLP-modified config.plist + kexts + patches?

Thank you.
Yes, update to Sonoma normally first.

1. Once the update is done, configure your EFI as per the guide.

For Broadcom wifi patching

Block: IOSkywalkFamily.kext
Add: IOSkywalkFamily.kext, IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext, and AirPortBrcmNIC.kext in order.
Disable: SecureBootModel, SIP and AMFI as below

SecureBootModel -> Disabled
csr-active-config -> <03080000>
boot-arg -> amfi=0x80

2. Reboot with above config

3. Apply the OCLP Modern Wireless Patch

4. Reboot

5. Configure your EFI again

Remove: amfi=0x80
Add: AMFIPass.kext
Boog-arg: -amfipassbeta

6. Reboot. You should be good to go.

@suzukikm Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help

@suzukikm @miliuco Please help if you can.

Before applying the OCLP patch + kexts, my Ethernet works fine, but after applying the patch, it no longer works. Do you have any ideas as to what else I could check or point me to the right direction? I appreciate your help.

WiFi works great, btw, and other Apple services work just as they were in Ventura.

@suzukikm @miliuco Please help if you can.

Before applying the OCLP patch + kexts, my Ethernet works fine, but after applying the patch, it no longer works. Do you have any ideas as to what else I could check or point me to the right direction? I appreciate your help.

WiFi works great, btw, and other Apple services work just as they were in Ventura.
Yes, this is because you replaced IOSkywalkFamily.kext with Ventura version. As an alternative to native dext driver, try AppleIGC.kext for IGC compliant ethernet. To avoid any possible interruptions, disable the dext driver by adding e1000=0 boot-arg.

Yes, this is because you replaced IOSkywalkFamily.kext with Ventura version. As an alternative to native dext driver, try AppleIGC.kext for IGC compliant ethernet. To avoid any possible interruptions, disable the dext driver by adding e1000=0 boot-arg.
AppleIGC.kext and adding e1000=0 to boot-args fix my Ethernet issue! Now I can switch between WiFi and Ethernet at will. This is fantastic. Thank you so much for your help @suzukikm

After the patch with OCLP, can we back to csr from this <03080000> to this<00000000>? Or from now on, we have to use this csr <03080000> with Sonoma?

And do we need to reinstall the patch for every new system update?

@telepati Miliuco would know better, but the SIP must stay disabled for the root patches to work and the patches have to be reapplied after every system update. Unless a workaround that does not involve root patching is found, I am afraid that is going to be the case.

Back