Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 1click sleep, pstates, sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, just wondering, if you boot using an rBoot CD do you still get glitches?

On a side note, I stopped using Chrome yesterday because, since Friday, I have been having terrible performance problems with it, the chrome process hammering the CPU. I disabled the flash plugin in it which seemed to be causing it, but since Safari is working fine with Flash I am using that currently instead. I assume this problem is temporary and caused by a recent chrome auto-update... Just thought I throw this out there in case any of you guys are witnessing similar troubles.

Also, I have had no glitches at all today, I don't think they are caused by chrome/flash but perhaps worth mentioning anyway...

Thanks for the help. Setting darkwake works! but usekernelcache does not (I uses the Migrate function in Multibeast). Still, it's nice to have sleep working properly!

memmerson said:
mtx said:
Thank you for this guide! I'm bookmarking it for future reference!

I'm not getting the exact same results as you but pretty satisfied anyways:

- I have to use the power button to wake from sleep... but I have to press it once, pause and then again. Using keyboard or mouse disables power to usb unless I replug them in. Still this is better then not having sleep at all.
- Slow boot when I'm using the white or blue sata ports with my Mushkin SSD. 30 seconds to boot :( but program launching and disk access it still super fast after booting.

Hi, the darkwake kernel option should enable single click wake from standby. Regarding slow boot, do you have usekernelcache enabled? This should improve boot times somewhat...

memmerson - wondering what keyboard you are using?

I have the same board, but using an i7 2600, everything . If I wake the system from the Apple wired keyboard or Logitech wireless mouse, I loose all USB devices until I unplug and plug it back in.

There's a few posts around that users are experiencing the same loss of usb from wake.

Are you experiencing anything like that?

So I installed a GeForce 7600GS as it was the only PCIe card laying around.

Lion won't boot unless I use arch=i386 (32 bit mode).. It works for functionality but it's too slow to play any newer games. So when I boot into windows I removed the card. I then attempted to boot lion with arch=i386 using my intel HD 3000.

I encoded 15 videos and was running it hard with no glitches.

I'll report my experiences after the next few hours.

axiom said:
memmerson - wondering what keyboard you are using?

I have the same board, but using an i7 2600, everything . If I wake the system from the Apple wired keyboard or Logitech wireless mouse, I loose all USB devices until I unplug and plug it back in.

There's a few posts around that users are experiencing the same loss of usb from wake.

Are you experiencing anything like that?

Hi, I am using a Dell KB1421 (USB) at the moment, which works fine (apart from a few keys @," etc. being swapped!). I am not using the USB3 ports (call me cautious) and I have noticed that the "hi-power" ports don't want to charge my Blackberry (more likely vice-versa actually).

But in terms of losing devices after standby I have not experienced that personally, though I've seen it mentioned in other threads for other mobos, so I don't think it is an issue specific to this board.

For those suffering from glitchy HD3000 gfx, another member (foxglove) is currently testing the 10.7.3 developer release drivers which he has included in the thread. He says he is no longer getting the glitches, which has also been confirmed by another member... It's early days but it might be worth a try for those badly affected who want something to try, otherwise, finger crossed, the official 10.7.3 release will be released soon.

The thread is here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=256402#p256402

Hi , i have the same motherboard and managed to install Mac OS Lion 10.7.2 with IBoot Method. After install i runned MultiBeast 4.1 .

The problem : I can't boot with GraphicsEnabler=No and i can't use my Intel 3000HD (Core i5 2500K).

Starting with -v i see this :

"Transcript Offline -Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed".

System description is Mac Mini 5,1

Code:
  Model Name:	Mac mini
  Model Identifier:	Macmini5,1
  Processor Name:	Intel Core i5
  Processor Speed:	3.29 GHz
  Number of Processors:	1
  Total Number of Cores:	4
  L2 Cache (per Core):	256 KB
  L3 Cache:	6 MB
  Memory:	8 GB
  Bus Speed:	400 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:	MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com
  SMC Version (system):	1.30f3
  Serial Number (system):	C07G3VUFDJD0
  Hardware UUID:	09B625D2-3B77-5C6A-8DE8-88D2DB078D09

Code:
Display:

Type:	GPU
  Bus:	Built-In
  VRAM (Total):	64 MB of Shared System Memory
  Vendor:	Intel (0x8086)
  Device ID:	0x0112
  Revision ID:	0x0009
  Kernel Extension Info:	No Kext Loaded
  Displays:
Display:
  Resolution:	1920 x 1080
  Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes

Using info from thread in the forum i installed these 2 kexts and switch system description (smbios) to MacbookPro 8,1 . After restart the Intel HD 3000 is recognized but switching resolution to 1920x1080 leads to black screen .

Pressing the power button brings the PC to sleep and when i awake it after this i can see the login screen but the mouse and keyboard are inactive . I am using VGA connector .

Any ideas how i can fix my Intel HD 3000 ?

Attachments

• AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext.zip
    582.4 KB · Views: 114
  • AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext.zip
    218.7 KB · Views: 77
  • smbios.plist
    580 bytes · Views: 207
Read the first post in this thread it shows all the settings that you need in multibeast. Also you have to boot with GraphicsEnabler=yes is the correct setting and a macmini smbios.

I think the root of your problem is the VGA port isn't compatible. Try with dvi if your monitor doesn't have it search the forums I saw a thread fixing the VGA for hd3000.

To use HD3000 with a i5-2500k, you need GraphicsEnabler=Yes

gbulanov said:
"Transcript Offline -Buffer Pool Allocate [181000] failed".

and:

Code:
   VRAM (Total):   64 MB of Shared System Memory

Lead me to suspect that you still need to set the Frame Buffer in the BIOS to 480MB. This is in addition to the advice give by codePR and solidst8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back