Vulcan
CPU
i3 2105
Graphics
HD5770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Just plugged a USB2.0 iPhone dock into my USB3.0 port.
It gives power but no data. Seems USB3.0 is broken. :|

I'm pretty sure USB 3.0 is enable in BIOS, but I can't be bothered to reboot just yet.

Just thought I'd advise people on my progress, and hopefully someone will jump in this thread and say YO CLARKEY! I KNOW HOW TO FIX USB3! :lolno:

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H
CPU
i5-2500k
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK thanks, I did that fix already. It definitely fixed my BIOS reset issue, but I still have sleep issues. The keyboard doesn't work unless I unplug and plug back. The hard drives also make some weird humming noise when I resume from sleep too. Was hoping you did something I haven't tried yet.

My USB 3.0 is working, but not sure how to fix yours. All I did was install the USB 3.0 kext from Multibeast.

Motherboard
Vulcan
CPU
i3 2105
Graphics
HD5770
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
solidst8 said:
Was hoping you did something I haven't tried yet.
Nope :/
solidst8 said:
My USB 3.0 is working, but not sure how to fix yours. All I did was install the USB 3.0 kext from Multibeast.
I did install this kext, but no luck.

It's odd how we all have the same board but different issues.

TBH, I'm not too bothered about my USB 3 not working as I don't have any USB 3 devices yet.

Also, just realised my auto sleep doesn't work.
It BIOS resets. However, my manual sleep and auto wake works perfectly.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H
CPU
i5-2500k
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OK, I started tinkering with it again. I updated the BIOS to F9 and used the DSDT from this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=50063. The keyboard now wakes from sleep without needing to re-plug, however, I still do have to wait about 10 seconds for it to come up. Still an improvement. BUT, sometime after that, I get an error message about a hard drive not being ejected properly. It turns out that my time machine disk won't work anymore when I wake from sleep, so I have to reboot for it to work again. Arrgh. So now chasing that new issue. :crazy:

I also didn't mention that the computer freezes randomly requiring a reboot for it to work again. Plus, I also get random video artifacts. These are common issues that many have been having for several months but so far no one has been able to fix them. However, I stumbled upon this thread late last night - http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58739&start=10 but have not had a chance to try it out yet. If it works I'll keep you guys updated.

There are 2 different revisions of this board a rev 1.0 and a rev 1.3. I have not been able to find out what the difference is between these revs. I wonder if it has something to do with people having different sets of issues.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H
CPU
i5-2500k
Graphics
HD3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I updated to 10.7.4 and it's been a few days and I have not experienced any artifacts or freezes. Not sure if it was 10.7.4 itself that fixed everything because I also changed the following: updated fakesmc 4.2 from build 604 to 609 from multi beast 4.4, edited boot.plist by adding dropssdt = yes and delete generatepstates as per the temporary fix for KP on some sandy bridge systems.

Starting to wonder if the random freezes and artifacts had something to do with the boot.plist edits instead of 10.7.4 itself. Anybody out there still getting artifacts and freezes with 10.7.4?

Motherboard
Z68MA d2H b3
CPU
intel i3
Graphics
Hd3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
How to install update? Any problems with that?

Do I need to run multibeast and DSDT again?

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI
CPU
i7 4ghz
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Re: [GUIDE] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Overclocking issues

Please help me with your overclocking settings. I have tried multiple times to overclock my 2600K to a 4.7 and cant seem to get Snow Leopard to recognize it. The memory setting worked fine, but still shows as a 3.41 for the processor speed even if Bios shows it as 4.7 at boot. New to OC and don't want to fry anything.

Motherboard
Aorus X570 Elite
CPU
Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. eMac
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Re: [GUIDE] Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Overclocking issues

Mr2sday said:
Please help me with your overclocking settings. I have tried multiple times to overclock my 2600K to a 4.7 and cant seem to get Snow Leopard to recognize it. The memory setting worked fine, but still shows as a 3.41 for the processor speed even if Bios shows it as 4.7 at boot. New to OC and don't want to fry anything.

I suggest you read up on the SSDT and OC guides before posting here, as your post has been covered numerous times.
Here's the skinny, OS X will NEVER display your OC, it will always report the max Turbo state "native" to the CPU. However, even with proper DSDT edits (SSDT) and using the latest Chimera, SP/About this Mac, will only report a max of 4.3GHz. Don't care if you have a 5.5GHz OC, 4.3GHz is the max.

P.S. 4.7GHz will net you very little performance increase vs heat/power consumption. I suggest 4.5GHz using the Turbo states (rather than the multiplier) with Max wattage at 120, everything else on Enabled. This way you can use the SSDT 4.5GHz posted here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=295&t=61306. Use the SMBIOS for the MacMini5,X for the most compatible P-states (speed step). Best of luck. :p