Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

You have con0 and con1 set as HDMI connectors. This is why these DeviceProperties for the UHD 620 IGPU work for you. While you are using a HDMI connection.

One of these two connectors is set wrong, as they should reflect the physical state of the connector, i.e. one should be set as DisplayPort.

Con2 isn’t set with a connector type. Probably should be set as a ‘Dummy’ connector.
Thanks for the reply , should i do anything with CON 2 to set ti to dummy or just leave it? My IGPU is UHD Graphics 630 not 620.

I will set one of the ports to DP and see if they both work at a later date, i can try CON 0 as HDMI CON1 as DP and if it doesnt work swap them around.

I got lost trying to work out my bus id ect, if its working should i be worried? I don't get why CON0 and CON2 have a bus ID but CON 1 does not.

I have a MSI GL739SC-028 gaming laptop with 10.14.6 installed that I cannot get the HDMI out to work. The processor is Coffee Lake Refresh 9300H. The dGPU is disabled and I've confirmed the HDMI is routed to the UHD 630 in windows. I have the bios set to IGFX, DVMT set to 64MB. I've tried several framebuffers including 3EA50009 and 3E9B0009. Can someone assist me with getting HDMI out to work please?

I have a new Laptop which has HDMI out (and Thunderbolt 3 via USB C) but my external monitor only supports DVI and VGA. The framebuffer patch I have is for an Intel UHD 620 and works fine on my 4k TV (HDMI to HDMI cable) but it doesn work for the monitor (HDMI to DVI cable), of course.

Can I modify the existing framebuffer by changing the Connector Type to DVI (analog or digital?) or what do I need to do? Thanks.

Nevermind. It's working. I just had the wrong patch without connectors enabled.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine got the intel ??? how do I fix this I cannot proceed with the guide.

mine got the intel ??? how do I fix this I cannot proceed with the guide.

I had screen blacked out after "successfully initialized ahci controller" message on asus rog strix h370-i gaming(i3-8100), then found current thread and just used this config and it worked.
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 19.03.14.png

I have tested HDMI and DP output and everything running as expected.

hi,
i'm using HP Elitedesk 800 G3 35W and installed Ventura using others EFI with similar platform here
https://github.com/lqph1994/OpenCore-Hackintosh-HP-EliteDesk-800-G3

the only problem is my HDMI Port which is optional slot is not usable in Mac OS
is there somewhere i can look to make it work?
i've tried to use Hackintool but only the default displayport "light up" the red background on Connectors tab
the optional HDMI wasn't do anything

i've attached my updated EFI which basically the same as from github with updated kext to support newer OS

Please help, thank you
(also thank you to lqph1994 if you read this message)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 21
Hi gang. I could really use some help getting the iGPU of Coffee Lake i7 9700k working. I've currently got the HDMI "black screen after verbose" issue going on, so I've been trying all sorts of bus ID's, ports, and framebuffers, trying to get this to work. I'd like to try some of the prebuilt framebuffer patches (link at the beginning of this thread), but it looks like it's for Clover and I'm using OpenCore. Is there a way to convert what I'm seeing in the Clover config to whatever OpenCore wants to see? Trying to install Big Sur on a Gigabyte Designaire Z390, for a friend. Thank you.

Hi gang. I could really use some help getting the iGPU of Coffee Lake i7 9700k working. I've currently got the HDMI "black screen after verbose" issue going on, so I've been trying all sorts of bus ID's, ports, and framebuffers, trying to get this to work. I'd like to try some of the prebuilt framebuffer patches (link at the beginning of this thread), but it looks like it's for Clover and I'm using OpenCore. Is there a way to convert what I'm seeing in the Clover config to whatever OpenCore wants to see? Trying to install Big Sur on a Gigabyte Designaire Z390, for a friend. Thank you.

I wonder if anybody succeeded with HDMI on Intel Iris Plus G7 graphics (0x8A520000). If so, could you please help me to patch this framebuffer. I have tried all (I think) combinations of cons indexes, busids and so on with no success. Thank you very much for any help.

Last edited:
Back