Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Of course I knew that, because it was so obvious. I mean how could I mistake your NUC for your Z490 system?

That would be so stupid wouldn't it!

That would be so stupid wouldn't it!
If only people would read and follow the simple site rules, things would be much easier for moderators.

"but as can be seen in my signature, my current work...."
Profiles are are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system. Since they are viewable under your avatar they need to kept as small as possible and limited to one system only.

@ALL

Hello,

First thing first : I want to apologize if I made any mistakes or created any misunderstandings or whatever.
I have no excuse, even if my english is not so fluent.
Also, I want to thank a lot all of those guys who replied to me anyway, even if I was not clear.
I misinterpreted the rules : I will edit my signature and profile.

@Edhawk
However, to summarize, one question, please. Once again, my current work is definitely not a NUC :
Mobo : ASUS Z490-P, supplied with an i9-10850K CPU and Intel UHD 630 chip driving an Iiyama display (3480x2160), while trying to install Ventura (13.1 now) with OpenCore 086.

Are all your advises and suggestions (thanks again for your very deep work) suitable for the above setup, please (posts #1702 and #1703) ?

Many thanks, Regards, G.

PS I already build several Hackintoshes, both with NUC and others, both with Clover and OpenCore, all with this same Iiyama display, but this is the first one where I have so much trouble, presumably because of this display.

I would recommend you have a read and use this guide as a base for your setup, if you haven't already.

One major difference is @Gobias uses a discrete GPU (RX6600) and you are using the IGPU.

He does go through the IGPU setup as part of the guide, i.e. confirms framebuffer ID and tells you to use the device-id entry. He then refers you to the OC guide for further details.

Last edited:
@UtterDisbelief, @Feartech, @Edhawk and many other into several threads :
Thanks a lot for your help and advises, since now my Ventura install works quite fine.

As suggested several times, the culprit was the USB mapping, and I do not fully understand why it was such a pain.
The workaround was indeed to clone the EFI to a bare USB stick while the "Install macOS Ventura" was cloned to a spare APFS empty SSD volume. After many EFI and config.plist cleanups and several reboots, it finally worked.

So once more, Many Thanks.

However, one enigma remains and puzzles me : I read somewhere that on a given hardware setup, the USBMap.kext, apart from the SMBIOS target, should remain the same. In my case, SMBIOS is both for my Catalina and my Ventura installs, the same iMac20,2. So far so good.

But, Hackintool provides me with 2 different pictures of the situation : in black, Catalina case, while on the white picture is the Ventura one. The number of activated ports is juste fine for Cata, while it is wrong for Ventura.
How comes ? Something I understand wrongly may be ? A hidden parameter ?

Thanks in advance for your hints, Regards, G.

Attachments

• SSDT-USBX_Cata.jpg
    SSDT-USBX_Cata.jpg
    431.9 KB · Views: 33
  • SSDT-USBX_Vent.jpg
    SSDT-USBX_Vent.jpg
    478.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
@UtterDisbelief, @Feartech, @Edhawk and many other into several threads :
Thanks a lot for your help and advises, since now my Ventura install works quite fine.

As suggested several times, the culprit was the USB mapping, and I do not fully understand why it was such a pain.
The workaround was indeed to clone the EFI to a bare USB stick while the "Install macOS Ventura" was cloned to a spare APFS empty SSD volume. After many EFI and config.plist cleanups and several reboots, it finally worked.

So once more, Many Thanks.

However, one enigma remains and puzzles me : I read somewhere the on a given hardware setup, the USBMap.kext, apart from the SMBIOS target, should remain the same. In my case, SMBIOS is both for Catalina and Ventura, the same iMac20,2. So far so good.

But, Hackintool provides me with 2 different pictures of the situation : in black, Catalina case, while on the white picture is the Ventura one. The number of activated ports is juste fine for Cata, while it is wrong for Ventura.
How comes ? Something I understand wrongly may be ? A hidden parameter ?

Thanks in advance for your hints, Regards, G.
make sure in info.plist in USBPorts.kext the smbios is correct to your config.plist

also click the broom and refresh button on hackintool->usb page

On the Ventura system open Hackintool.
  1. Navigate to the USB tab
  2. Select sweeping broom icon, this will clear all the ports shown in the USB window
  3. Select the refresh icon, circular arrows, this will regenerate the list of USB ports in the USB window.
  4. The list should now match the ports from your USB configuration kext.
  5. If there is still a discrepancy between what your kext shows and the ports being activated, i.e. the ports shown in Hackintool, then you probably have an issue with the USBMap.kext you are using with the Ventura installation.

@Feartech :
I crosschecked both Info.plist (USBMap.kext) and config.plist, for both the Catalina and Ventura sides, and they all show iMac20,2 as for SMBIOS

@Edhawk :
Using Hackintool (thanks Headkaze) I did the broom and refresh things on Ventura, and the net result is ... worse : 5 activated ports instead of 7 before the broom.
Also : the Ventura USBMap kext is just the copy of the Catalina one, and I carefully crosschecked.

Where is the hidden failure, if any ?

A snapshot of the Info.plist of this USBMap.kext is attached.

Thanks, Regards, G.

Attachments

• USBMap.kext.jpg
    USBMap.kext.jpg
    670 KB · Views: 33
Post a copy of your USBMap.kext, as there may be something unusual going on in the kext.

Clearing and Refreshing the USB ports in Hackintool, should not result in less ports being displayed. It should result in all the active ports from the kext showing in the USB window.

Back