Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Hello,
I have issue of my PC hackentoish catalina latest version,
The vga port work properly but HDMI not working
My Specs
Gigabyte B360 HD3, Core I3 8100 Coffelake, Intel UHD630 (Internal Graphic HDMI)

Attached my EFI,

Please if any one can help with this issue

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
Hello,
I have issue of my PC hackentoish catalina latest version,
The vga port work properly but HDMI not working
My Specs
Gigabyte B360 HD3, Core I3 8100 Coffelake, Intel UHD630 (Internal Graphic HDMI)

Attached my EFI,

Please if any one can help with this issue

It doesn't look like you are injecting any graphics device properties for WhateverGreen? You have a DSDT / SSDT created/patched by someone else (MALD) - did he also provide you with the Clover config.plist? It's difficult to make Clover config suggestions when someone else has created your patched DSDT / SSDT.

If he can't help you, upgrade Lilu and WhateverGreen to latest versions and read the first post of this thread to add graphics device properties to your config.plist. Also read this to learn what DSDT patches you should remove from your config.plist (e.g. GFX0->IGPU) when you're using WhateverGreen.

It doesn't look like you are injecting any graphics device properties for WhateverGreen? You have a DSDT / SSDT created/patched by someone else (MALD) - did he also provide you with the Clover config.plist? It's difficult to make Clover config suggestions when someone else has created your patched DSDT / SSDT.

If he can't help you, upgrade Lilu and WhateverGreen to latest versions and read the first post of this thread to add graphics device properties to your config.plist. Also read this to learn what DSDT patches you should remove from your config.plist (e.g. GFX0->IGPU) when you're using WhateverGreen.
what if I wanna to create the efi with clover and patches from scratch ?
Also No changes affected with/without DSDT patches

Last edited:
what if I wanna to create the efi with clover and patches from scratch ?

Great idea! It's the best way to achieve the optimal configuration for your system. There are several different ways to do this. Be prepared to learn a lot and resist the temptation to blindly copy and paste from others. If you want to follow the TonyMacx86 methodology, read this. If you want to create everything from scratch (as I like to do), feel free to read my approach here. Be ready to juggle and assess as many different opinions as there are people offering them.

Great idea! It's the best way to achieve the optimal configuration for your system. There are several different ways to do this. Be prepared to learn a lot and resist the temptation to blindly copy and paste from others. If you want to follow the TonyMacx86 methodology, read this. If you want to create everything from scratch (as I like to do), feel free to read my approach here. Be ready to juggle and assess as many different opinions as there are people offering them.
Great but, I removed DSDT patches and values from config.plist as well
HDMI worked properly, but acceleration issue, 7MB now can u help, pls

Attachments

• EFI 3.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 70
Great but, I removed DSDT patches and values from config.plist as well
HDMI worked properly, but acceleration issue, 7MB now can u help, pls
you are not supposed to inject Intel graphics in your config.plist

After disable it, black screen and and not continue boot
any reason you are using a skylake smbios setup?

also missing new patches setup for display as well (section 8 from post 1)

any reason you are using a skylake smbios setup?

also missing new patches setup for display as well (section 8 from post 1)
No Reason for skylake smbios, you can suggest another one,
alseo Section 8 from post 1, the Hackintool verions ui different, could u provide the tutorial version?

No Reason for skylake smbios, you can suggest another one,
alseo Section 8 from post 1, the Hackintool verions ui different, could u provide the tutorial version?
coffeelake would be better according to your hardware profile

maybe take a look at:

Back