Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Is this the end for iGPU uhd 630 in the last update Catalina 10.15.x ? No matter what I tried I can not get signal , always black screen.

Is this the end for iGPU uhd 630 in the last update Catalina 10.15.x ? No matter what I tried I can not get signal , always black screen.
hi, mine works at core i5-9400
removed serial)))
1593502160095.png

Last edited:
Please try either the predefined patches for either Z390 AORUS Master or Z390 AORUS Elite. However, note the big warning posted to the top of Post #1.
i used esafeddie EFI then added the framebuffer patch for the Z390 Aorus Elite.
It was working perfect in 10.15 but when i updated to 10.15.5 it blank screens.
Works if I do a fake ID but no accelerated gpu.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 64
Yeah I have the same with almost same mobo z390 Aorus Pro, i run vnc and this is what it shows. I guess is time to buy some cheap amd gpu. 5500XT probably.

Attachments

• FDB68C98-291D-40BA-A371-7B47D0299DB4.jpeg
    FDB68C98-291D-40BA-A371-7B47D0299DB4.jpeg
    6.9 MB · Views: 63
Yeah I have the same with almost same mobo z390 Aorus Pro, i run vnc and this is what it shows. I guess is time to buy some cheap amd gpu. 5500XT probably.
why does it say (mobile)?

I'm pretty sure it works in catalina 10.15.5 but I had to change FB settings (see screenshot above) when I upgraded from 10.15.4 as I had similar problem to that of yours (don't remember it exactly which value I used in 10.15.4)

just play with FB values, take mine for example or any other from whatevergreen intelHD official doc

I experimented with a few graphics device property changes for my I7-8700T / UHD 630 and am seeing faster wake from sleep after these changes.

Have you tried some of the whateverGreen boot flags like agdpmod=vit9696 or agdpmod=pikera or agdpmod=ignore

Try the following:

You're using WhateverGreen for framebuffer patching, so disable the following patches:
  • GFX0->IGPU
  • HDAS->HDEF
  • HECI->IMEI
Change your FrameBuffer AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x3e920000 (ReverseByteOrder: 0x0000923e). The only values that worked for me ended in 0x00. See more info here.

Don't define framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-unifiedmem and framebuffer-fbmem (This guide says not to define framebuffer-unifiedmem)

EDIT: After you make your config.plist changes (and specifically the graphics device property changes in the config.plist), you may need to reboot more than once to see the results of your change(s). I have not yet been able to explain this, but I have wrongly concluded a non-working state of my system after a change and single reboot and have found that some graphics device property changes didn't fully take effect until I rebooted a second or third time. For example, when I changed my AAPL,ig-platform-id and rebooted, my change was not immediately effective. I didn't see the complete change (and fix) until I rebooted a second time. I don't know why. I advised others to change their AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x3e920000 and their initial response was that it didn't work, only to find that later they were claiming that 0x3e920000 worked for them. I suspect they were experiencing the same issue.

Last edited:
Back