Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Try the following:

You're using WhateverGreen for framebuffer patching, so disable the following patches:
  • GFX0->IGPU
  • HDAS->HDEF
  • HECI->IMEI
Change your FrameBuffer AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x3e920000 (ReverseByteOrder: 0x0000923e). The only values that worked for me ended in 0x00. See more info here.

Don't define framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-unifiedmem and framebuffer-fbmem (This guide says not to define framebuffer-unifiedmem)

EDIT: After you make your config.plist changes (and specifically the graphics device property changes in the config.plist), you may need to reboot more than once to see the results of your change(s). I have not yet been able to explain this, but I have wrongly concluded a non-working state of my system after a change and single reboot and have found that some graphics device property changes didn't fully take effect until I rebooted a second or third time. For example, when I changed my AAPL,ig-platform-id and rebooted, my change was not immediately effective. I didn't see the complete change (and fix) until I rebooted a second time. I don't know why. I advised others to change their AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x3e920000 and their initial response was that it didn't work, only to find that later they were claiming that 0x3e920000 worked for them. I suspect they were experiencing the same issue.
This one is working for me but got a little screen glitch at booting apart from that everything seems right.
When you get time could you edit this config to what you think is the correct way,
I will try it and see if it's any better.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 152
This one is working for me but got a little screen glitch at booting apart from that everything seems right.
When you get time could you edit this config to what you think is the correct way,
I will try it and see if it's any better.

Editing your config.plist is a good learning experience for you.

I took a look at your CLOVER->Drivers->UEFI and see some drivers that I don't recognize. I would suggest reinstalling CLOVER r5119. You can try my CLOVER config that I specify in my post here.

Also, it looks like you are using ACPI provided by someone else (his signature is in the files). The modified DSDT and SSDT must match your system exactly. I assume you are certain that these modified files are correct. I took a quick look and see that your DSDT defines HDEF and you were renaming HDAS to HDEF in your config.plist, so it appears to me that you're either using files provided by different people or that your ACPI / config.plist may not be correct for your system.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryu
Editing your config.plist is a good learning experience for you.

I took a look at your CLOVER->Drivers->UEFI and see some drivers that I don't recognize. I would suggest reinstalling CLOVER r5119. You can try my CLOVER config that I specify in my post here.

Also, it looks like you are using ACPI provided by someone else (his signature is in the files). The modified DSDT and SSDT must match your system exactly. I assume you are certain that these modified files are correct. I took a quick look and see that your DSDT defines HDEF and you were renaming HDAS to HDEF in your config.plist, so it appears to me that you're either using files provided by different people or that your ACPI / config.plist may not be correct for your system.
The DSDT and SSDT is for Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WIFI by @esafeddie
It seems to work alright.

The DSDT and SSDT is for Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Pro WIFI by @esafeddie
It seems to work alright.

OK. Search for "Device (MALD)" in your DSDT and see who edited the DSDT.

Regardless, it's best to know what's in your files. There are elements in your config.plist that don't agree with your DSDT.

Reactions: Ryu
Try the following:

You're using WhateverGreen for framebuffer patching, so disable the following patches:
  • GFX0->IGPU
  • HDAS->HDEF
  • HECI->IMEI
Change your FrameBuffer AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x3e920000 (ReverseByteOrder: 0x0000923e). The only values that worked for me ended in 0x00. See more info here.

Don't define framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-unifiedmem and framebuffer-fbmem (This guide says not to define framebuffer-unifiedmem)

EDIT: After you make your config.plist changes (and specifically the graphics device property changes in the config.plist), you may need to reboot more than once to see the results of your change(s). I have not yet been able to explain this, but I have wrongly concluded a non-working state of my system after a change and single reboot and have found that some graphics device property changes didn't fully take effect until I rebooted a second or third time. For example, when I changed my AAPL,ig-platform-id and rebooted, my change was not immediately effective. I didn't see the complete change (and fix) until I rebooted a second time. I don't know why. I advised others to change their AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x3e920000 and their initial response was that it didn't work, only to find that later they were claiming that 0x3e920000 worked for them. I suspect they were experiencing the same issue.

dude!!!! U are my hero , this worked, thank you so much.

What did you change?
All changes he said , and I checked your config file because we have almost identical motherboards. I also got the glitches after apple logo but they don’t bother me. Thanks

All changes he said , and I checked your config file because we have almost identical motherboards. I also got the glitches after apple logo but they don’t bother me. Thanks
Ok did you use the EFI I uploaded.

i disabled the following
GFX0->IGPU
HDAS->HDEF
HECI->IMEI

This part I'm not sure if I should delete them?
Don't define framebuffer-stolenmem and framebuffer-unifiedmem and framebuffer-fbmem

Can you send me the config you edited, when I disabled the following it won't boot.

GFX0->IGPU
HDAS->HDEF
HECI->IMEI

dude!!!! U are my hero , this worked, thank you so much.

Cool. I looked at the specs for the I7-9700K and see that its device-id is 0x3E98. Catalina 10.15.5 natively recognizes device-id 0x3E98 (as observed in the IORegistry screenshot below), so you shouldn't need to "spoof" a device-id in your graphics properties.

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 4.20.47 PM.png

Try removing device-id from the graphics device properties in your config.plist to see if that makes a difference. If you don't want to remove the device-id value from your config.plist, change device-id to 0x3E98 (ReverseByteOrder 0x983E0000) You may need to experiment with different values of AAPL,ig-platform-id as I have done here to see which works best.

Back