Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

coffeelake would be better according to your hardware profile

maybe take a look at:
I chose the smbios from hackintool, but now I dont know what u mean with ((section 8 from post 1)) could u direct link to it

I chose the smbios from hackintool, but now I dont know what u mean with ((section 8 from post 1)) could u direct link to it
post 1 is from this thread, the one you are already trying to follow

the link above may give you more information that you may find useful

Hi Casey, I have a Legion Y530 laptop and installed Hackintosh for the first time.

Specs:

CPU: i7-8750H RAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Intel UHD 630 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (disabled).
I am on macos Catalina 10.15 (19A583)

Acceleration is fully working. I am using the MacBookPro15,1 SMBIOS.

My problem is the following: My HDMI and USB-C ports do not give any video output. After connecting HDMI(HDMI PORT CONNECTED WITH NVIDIA GRAPHICS, probably this won't work), monitor displays No Signal. After connecting USB-C(USB C to HDMI adapter) same happens.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to at least make one of my ports work? Tried different SMBIOS (MacBookPro14,1) and others but didn't work out. In system report under USB Device Tree - USB 3.1 Bus - USB C Video Adapter is detected but no output to external monitor.

External monitor: HP 24es Model: T3M79AA

post 1 is from this thread, the one you are already trying to follow

the link above may give you more information that you may find useful
I finally did it, but still have issue of (Intel UHD630 7MB) acceleration issue
What should I do then, try some other device id's or platform-id

EDIT: I got my device id from windows and same issue!

Attach my EFI,

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:
I finally did it, but still have issue of (Intel UHD630 7MB) acceleration issue
What should I do then, try some other device id's or platform-id

EDIT: I got my device id from windows and same issue!

Attach my EFI,
make sure to set DVMT to 64MB in your BIOS

Any other solution pls

Thoroughly read the posts that he suggested and be patient with your learning. Your AAPL,ig-platform-id is invalid and your device-id is invalid.

Also, you're spoofing device-id 0x3e9b when your i3-8100 (if that's your CPU) has device-id 0x3e91/92. Have you tried device-id 0x3e92 / ig-platform-id 0x3e920000 as has been suggested before? If you haven't tried these values, change device-id to 0x923e0000 and AAPL,ig-platform-id to 0x0000923e.

Read this about Reverse Byte Order to know why your values are wrong. Slow down and read.

I have a question.. My second DP port does not work.. When i disconnect from the first DP and then connect the cable to the second DP my PC restarts.. So i can't determine what bus id and index has the second DP port.. What should i do? Should i guess that my second port is port 2 0x04 and proceed with the procedure?

P.S. I have also a vga but how that helps me!? 0_o

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 3.55.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-07-02 at 3.55.30 PM.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I have a question.. My second DP port does not work.. When i disconnect from the first DP and then connect the cable to the second DP my PC restarts.. So i can't determine what bus id and index has the second DP port.. What should i do? Should i guess that my second port is port 2 0x04 and proceed with the procedure?

P.S. I have also a vga but how that helps me!? 0_o

Happy to take a look if you post your problem reporting files. It would help to have your EFI and your IORegistryExplorer dump.

Any guide to do this using OpenCore?

Back