Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Here you go
as you have installed kexts to /Library/Extensions, then your config.plist -> InjectKexts should be set to Detect
@asheenlevrai,

You have copied every conceivable kext to CLOVER/kexts/Other -- including those that ship by Apple -- and you are injecting them into the system on every boot (because you currently have Inject = Yes). This folder should only contain the bare minimum kexts needed to run Recovery Partition or install upgrades. This means:
  • FakeSMC (must be copied to CLOVER/kexts/Other and also to /Library/Extensions)
  • Ethernet driver
  • USB Inject All and the two FakePCIID kexts if these are necessary for USB port recognition
Please see @jaymonkey's Guide here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-el-capitan-sierra-high-sierra-mojave.268964/

As @Feartech stated, Inject should be changed to Detect. Also, why inject Nvidia Web?
As for the main point of why WhateverGreen seems to be incompatible with the patched Azul framebuffer, I'm tempted to say that there might be a problem with WhateverGreen, but the double installation of so many kexts is placing some doubt in my mind.

This was immensely helpful, thanks!

I wasted a ton of time trying to manually determining all of these framebuffer patches for my setup. Ended up just copying the patches from the spoiler for my latest build (MSI Z390 Gaming Pro + i9 9900k iGPU) and everything is working beautifully.

Cannot give enough thanks!

@asheenlevrai,

You have copied every conceivable kext to CLOVER/kexts/Other -- including those that ship by Apple -- and you are injecting them into the system on every boot (because you currently have Inject = Yes). This folder should only contain the bare minimum kexts needed to run Recovery Partition or install upgrades. This means:
  • FakeSMC (must be copied to CLOVER/kexts/Other and also to /Library/Extensions)
  • Ethernet driver
  • USB Inject All and the two FakePCIID kexts if these are necessary for USB port recognition
Wow! I'm very surprised to notice that :eek:
I never copied all these kexts, to /E/E/C/K/O myself. And AFAIR there was almost nothing in there a few days ago (but I guess I'm wrong because... that sounds impossible). I wonder what happend...

As @Feartech stated, Inject should be changed to Detect. Also, why inject Nvidia Web?
View attachment 387680
Can you please explain the difference between Inject and Detect. Again, I never modified this value manually.

About the Nvidia web setting, I was also wondering where it comes from when I played around with CC, but I didn't dare to change it fearing I would create even more problems. I don't know. At some point I thought maybe this was "leftover" from the previous installation (10.12.6) but then I remembered that I erased the SSD prior to installing (10.14.3) and even went from HFS+ (10.12.6 install) to APFS. I guess when I did this I erased the whole /EFI partition together with the main macOS partition, but now I'm starting to wonder...

As for the main point of why WhateverGreen seems to be incompatible with the patched Azul framebuffer, I'm tempted to say that there might be a problem with WhateverGreen, but the double installation of so many kexts is placing some doubt in my mind.
I feel you. I believe it would be wise to run some tests to sort that out since it could benefit other users with similar hardware. Just let me know what you want me to do. This machine is not supposed to be back to production until a couple of weeks and thus I'm more than willing to spend some time "experimenting" with settings.

Just let me know what I should change and in what order.

Best,
-a-

Wow! I'm very surprised to notice that :eek:
I never copied all these kexts, to /E/E/C/K/O myself. And AFAIR there was almost nothing in there a few days ago (but I guess I'm wrong because... that sounds impossible). I wonder what happend...

Can you please explain the difference between Inject and Detect. Again, I never modified this value manually.

About the Nvidia web setting, I was also wondering where it comes from when I played around with CC, but I didn't dare to change it fearing I would create even more problems. I don't know. At some point I thought maybe this was "leftover" from the previous installation (10.12.6) but then I remembered that I erased the SSD prior to installing (10.14.3) and even went from HFS+ (10.12.6 install) to APFS. I guess when I did this I erased the whole /EFI partition together with the main macOS partition, but now I'm starting to wonder...

I feel you. I believe it would be wise to run some tests to sort that out since it could benefit other users with similar hardware. Just let me know what you want me to do. This machine is not supposed to be back to production until a couple of weeks and thus I'm more than willing to spend some time "experimenting" with settings.

Just let me know what I should change and in what order.

Best,
-a-
How and where to install kexts:

How and where to install kexts:
Thank you so much for the link.

Again, I have no idea how these kexts got there (in /E/E/C/K/O) rather than in /L/E.

I'm happy to remove all the unnecessary kexts. However, As I mentioned above, I'd appreciate some guidance in order to not simply fix my hackintosh but also collect information that may be useful to others. It'd be even better if I could understand what I did wrong in the first place and what got me to the current situation (in order to avoid repeating mistakes)

Best,
-a-

Thank you so much for the link.

Again, I have no idea how these kexts got there (in /E/E/C/K/O) rather than in /L/E.

I'm happy to remove all the unnecessary kexts. However, As I mentioned above, I'd appreciate some guidance in order to not simply fix my hackintosh but also collect information that may be useful to others. It'd be even better if I could understand what I did wrong in the first place and what got me to the current situation (in order to avoid repeating mistakes)

Best,
-a-
you must have copied them but didn't realise

the only kexts in clover/kexts/other on your machine should be:

Lilu
FakeSMC
Whatevergreen
AppleIntelE1000
USBInjectAll
FakePCID*
GenericUSBXHCI

realtecALC (although i would have thought AppleALC would be a better choice) audio kexts don't need to be in clover as they are not classed as essential to reach the installer

Hi everyone.
I've found working config for Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITXac motherboard with i7-8700k installed.
Connectors:
Code:
Index 1, BusID 0x05, Type DP
Index 2, BusID 0x04, Type DP
Index 3, BusID 0x06, Type HDMI
Patch:
XML:
    <key>Properties</key>
    <dict>
        <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
        <dict>
            <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
            <data>
            BwCbPg==
            </data>
            <key>device-id</key>
            <data>
            mz4AAA==
            </data>
            <key>enable-hdmi20</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con0-busid</key>
            <data>
            BQAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con0-enable</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con0-flags</key>
            <data>
            xwMAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con0-index</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con0-pipe</key>
            <data>
            EgAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con0-type</key>
            <data>
            AAQAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con1-busid</key>
            <data>
            BAAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con1-enable</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con1-flags</key>
            <data>
            xwMAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con1-index</key>
            <data>
            AgAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con1-pipe</key>
            <data>
            EgAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con1-type</key>
            <data>
            AAQAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con2-busid</key>
            <data>
            BgAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con2-enable</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con2-flags</key>
            <data>
            xwMAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con2-index</key>
            <data>
            AwAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con2-pipe</key>
            <data>
            EgAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con2-type</key>
            <data>
            AAgAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con3-busid</key>
            <data>
            AAAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con3-enable</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con3-flags</key>
            <data>
            IAAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con3-index</key>
            <data>
            /////w==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con3-pipe</key>
            <data>
            AAAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-con3-type</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-fbmem</key>
            <data>
            AAAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
            <data>
            AQAAAA==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key>
            <data>
            AACQAw==
            </data>
            <key>framebuffer-unifiedmem</key>
            <data>
            AAAAgA==
            </data>
        </dict>
    </dict>

@chinese_spy,

Thank you very much for sharing the configuration! This has been added to the Compilation in Post #1.

Many thanks for this! It was the only thing left to fix for my setup.

For the Gigabyte H310M-H (with i7 8700 - UHD630 desktop) just had to swap 0x05 & 0x04, and set them both to HDMI.
Now I can use a dual display setup, VGA + HDMI. Even the audio works.

Back