Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Sorry to interrupt, may I ask is that possible to make HDMI port working with laptop UHD630 graphics? I am using DELL latitude 5591 right now which has one HDMI and ONE VGA port.

Thanks.

Many thanks for this! It was the only thing left to fix for my setup.

For the Gigabyte H310M-H (with i7 8700 - UHD630 desktop) just had to swap 0x05 & 0x04, and set them both to HDMI.
Now I can use a dual display setup, VGA + HDMI. Even the audio works.
Vga???

Many thanks for this! It was the only thing left to fix for my setup.

For the Gigabyte H310M-H (with i7 8700 - UHD630 desktop) just had to swap 0x05 & 0x04, and set them both to HDMI.
Now I can use a dual display setup, VGA + HDMI. Even the audio works.
Very interesting!!

You set both ports to HDMI. Are you using a VGA to VGA cable or a VGA to HDMI adapter? And the VGA port works? What resolution are you getting on that port?

Can you also share your configuration? A screenshot of the Hackintool Connectors tab would be sufficient. I would like to add this to the Compilation in Post 1.

Sorry to interrupt, may I ask is that possible to make HDMI port working with laptop UHD630 graphics? I am using DELL latitude 5591 right now which has one HDMI and ONE VGA port.

Thanks.
It may be possible. Have you tried following the Guide? I would suggest to get HDMI working first. If you need help with any of the steps in the Guide, just ask.

Yeah I know. I always thought this was unsupported on Mac
true, not officially supported, some have managed it (sometimes by fluke or a lot of effort)

Yeah I know. I always thought this was unsupported on Mac

on paper, many people say it isn't supported. however it has always worked OOB for me. even on laptops. didn't have to do anything.

Very interesting!!

You set both ports to HDMI. Are you using a VGA to VGA cable or a VGA to HDMI adapter? And the VGA port works? What resolution are you getting on that port?

Can you also share your configuration? A screenshot of the Hackintool Connectors tab would be sufficient. I would like to add this to the Compilation in Post 1.

VGA goes to a VGA screen, and it works perfectly fine - 1366x760.
HDMI goes to an HDMI TV, and now it also works just fine - same resolution.

So what I did here is swapping 0x06 and 0x04, and setting both to HDMI - that was it.
The reason why I changed both to HDMI is that my motherboard only has two outputs, 1xVGA and 1xHDMI, and I couldn't be bothered trying indexes 2 and 3 individually to see which one is the HDMI so I just changed them both.

(with HDMI I couldn't get automatic detection / red highlight either, but I only got sloppy-laggy pointer movement)

Last edited:
on paper, many people say it isn't supported. however it has always worked OOB for me. even on laptops. didn't have to do anything.
Good to know!

VGA goes to a VGA screen, and it works perfectly fine - 1366x760.
HDMI goes to an HDMI TV, and now it also works just fine - same resolution.

View attachment 388428
Thank you for the screenshot. Did you set Index 1 to HDMI or is the above screenshot correct (Index 1 = DisplayPort)?

Good to know!

Thank you for the screenshot. Did you set Index 1 to HDMI or is the above screenshot correct (Index 1 = DisplayPort)?

Index 1 just happened to be VGA and work OOB, so it was highlighted in red, therefore the screenshot is correct.
Didn't touch any value in the line [index 1]

Back