Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] General Framebuffer Patching Guide (HDMI Black Screen Problem)

Can someone help me to figure out the correct buffer?
Im using gigabyte b360m d3h core i3 8100

I was not able to get the port on the connectors page. I understand that I should use display port. But I'm using HDMI adapter just to connect my monitor with vga cable only.

Please help me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 11.14.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 11.14.19 AM.png
    62.6 KB · Views: 147
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 11.15.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 11.15.19 AM.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 124
Thank you for the guide...now I have a working HDMI port !

Anyway I have a little trouble....

Why I Get in about this Mac "Intel HD Graphics CFL 2048 MB" and not Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB ?

Can someone help me to figure out the correct buffer?
Im using gigabyte b360m d3h core i3 8100

I was not able to get the port on the connectors page. I understand that I should use display port. But I'm using HDMI adapter just to connect my monitor with vga cable only.

Please help me.
Because none of the rows are highlighted in red, it means there's still something wrong with the settings. Please attach the following:
  • Your config.plist (but remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section).
  • Screenshot of /Library/Extensions folder.
  • Screenshot of CLOVER/kexts/Other folder.

Thank you for the guide...now I have a working HDMI port !

Anyway I have a little trouble....

Why I Get in about this Mac "Intel HD Graphics CFL 2048 MB" and not Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB ?
Please attach the following:

Please attach the following:
Thank you CaseySJ for the precious help....

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    345.7 KB · Views: 100
Thank you CaseySJ for the precious help....
Your config.plist looks okay. I made some changes nevertheless, most notably changing the connector patches to those from the Z390 AORUS Elite spoiler in the Guide. I also removed all of the AppleHDA patches. Your ALC-1220VB audio is supported in AppleALC version 1.3.4 or later (1.3.5 is currently the latest available version). Use a Layout ID that works for you. On Gigabyte Designare Z390, best layout IDs are 16 and then 7. These are specified in the "Audio --> Inject" field in Clover Configurator --> Devices.

Summary:
  • Copy serial numbers back into this config.plist before use.
  • Backup your existing config.plist and replace it with this one.
  • Right-click on AppleALC in your CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and choose Get Info. Is the version 1.3.4 or later? If not, install new version.
  • Also install latest Lilu and WhateverGreen.
  • In config.plist, change the Audio --> Inject to suitable value (2? 7? 16?).
As always, mount the EFI partition of the Mojave SSD first.

If About this Mac still shows Intel HD Graphics CFL, please upload entire CLOVER folder (zipped).

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.1 KB · Views: 139
Your config.plist looks okay. I made some changes nevertheless, most notably changing the connector patches to those from the Z390 AORUS Elite spoiler in the Guide. I also removed all of the AppleHDA patches. Your ALC-1220VB audio is supported in AppleALC version 1.3.4 or later (1.3.5 is currently the latest available version). Use a Layout ID that works for you. On Gigabyte Designare Z390, best layout IDs are 16 and then 7. These are specified in the "Audio --> Inject" field in Clover Configurator --> Devices.

Summary:
  • Right-click on AppleALC in your CLOVER/kexts/Other folder and choose Get Info. Is the version 1.3.4 or later? If not, install new version.

If About this Mac still shows Intel HD Graphics CFL, please upload entire CLOVER folder (zipped).

Ok, Thank you.
I will try it later or tomorrow.

Anyway I'm on High Serra and not Mojave.

Hello, im trying to fix the black screen on hdmi port with a gigabyte b360m h, problem i have, on bios i can only choose IGPX or PCi Port 1, if i choose IGPX i cant boot on Mojave because black screen, if i choose PCi Port Mojave boot but on Hackintool cant choose PlatformID.

Summary:

Thanks for the audio patch, I actually forgot to delete them, but ID 2 works well.
My correct Intel HD Graphics ID is 03e9b and not 3E92.
Anyway I did a lot of tests but I always get ntel HD Graphics CFL.
Hardware acceleration...Final Cut, quicksync etc. works without problems.
I' on High Sierra.
Thx

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 92
Thanks for the audio patch, I actually forgot to delete them, but ID 2 works well.
My correct Intel HD Graphics ID is 03e9b and not 3E92.
Anyway I did a lot of tests but I always get ntel HD Graphics CFL.
Hardware acceleration...Final Cut, quicksync etc. works without problems.
I' on High Sierra.
Thx
Actually your correct Graphics ID is 0x3E98. This is not supported by any version of macOS so we spoof it to either 0x3E9B or 0x3E92. Either of these is perfectly okay.

As @jaymonkey mentioned, it seems your problem is cosmetic instead of functional. CFL means Coffee Lake. So I don't think you need to worry about it. There are more important things to worry about! :)

Last edited:
Back