Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

Yeah, I'm in the same boat Rahstyle :(

I'm not sure if you tried deleting and reinstalling the audio kext, but that didn't work for me. Let me know if you find a solution...

RoKsTaR said:
Yeah, I'm in the same boat Rahstyle :(

I'm not sure if you tried deleting and reinstalling the audio kext, but that didn't work for me. Let me know if you find a solution...
Strange, but these things 'happen'. Make sure you've applied ALC8xxx and AppleHDA Rollback from Multibeast (and of course select System Utilities to rebuild the cache). After doing this, /S/L/E ALC8xx should be ver 1.0.1 and AppleHDA should be ver 1.7.9

I am having an issue with mouse lag / roughness when I'm using my graphics card. Interestingly enough when I set my graphics card back for rma service ( for different reasons ) I fell back to the Intel HD 3000 graphics and I didn't seem to have a problem with mouse lag / roughness. And when I received my card, again there was the mouse lag.

What's the workaround?? It's definitely noticeable if comparing to winfail or some Linux distribution.

I would to get rid of it - because this is what keeps this from beng a perfect 'true' golden build in my eyes.

Your mouse is all laggy because the personality you're using for your graphics card isn't 100% accurate.

There are several discussions about how to create your own personality for a RADEON card that isn't quite by-the-book (i.e. not a reference design card).

I had the same problem you're talking about (among others) while figuring out my card, in my case it was the hotplug ID, transmit and encoder bits that needed to be adjusted for my Sapphire 6870.

You should get started on this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 73937&st=0 if you'd like to make your own (you want to make your own).

Just want to say thanks for the guide - worked well for me. Dual-booting Lion and Windows 7. I'm on HD3000 at the moment as my old HD-5750 is not supported.

/beer

Thanks a lot Gordo! You're guide worked perfect for me but quick question, does sleep work for you? I can't seem to get it to work on 10.7.3, it just restarts every time it goes into sleep mode

Everything works on my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with HD 3000

Having perfect Results! I installed mine months ago with tons of problems and I just fixed it recently by using the up to date multi beast.

I deleted the extra folder (backed it up first)

I'm using a 2700k with ud3h-b3 with 16gb of ram running 10.7.3

I'm using the version 10 of the bios, I followed this download/file.php?id=14188&mode=view
but I set my system label as a Mac Mini.

My system was then able to resume from sleep and everything worked fine except from the sound. Then I added this (follow the simple tutorial):

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=45413

little adjustment, the sleep used to work before i fixed the sound..

Enjoy and good luck with yours!

Sorry for the Noob question, but can one use the same DSDT for rev 1.0 and rev. 1.3 of the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard?

Gordo,
I need some help. See my post: viewtopic.php?f=168&t=59526

Thanks so much!
TKH

Solved!

OK - It appears that if you have an S.M.A.R.T. disc, you need to have S.M.A.R.T. enabled for it.

I've been chasing ATI HD 6850 issues for a while now, and doing a lot of reading of the forum. I stumbled across a post this AM that mentioned enabling S.M.A.R.T., so I thought, "What the heck?"

Booted with Unibeast, next thing I was looking at was the language select screen.

Happily 10.7.3 :D

Just wanted to say thanks for the Guide! Everything worked flawlessly on the first try. Using the USB I made with OSX 10.7.4 from the App Store.

I thought there might be an issue since 10.7.4 is new but everything works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back