Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

heyhey! Last night all the power in our house broke down and I think it broke my Hackintosh, when I boot I get the following KP. (see attachment)

USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): ...
mbinit: done [64 MB total pool size, (42/21) split]
Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused
rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: ....
From path: "uuid", Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch<key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
Still waiting for root device

This isn't the first time this happens: I once got it when updating from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4, only a full reinstall of Lion worked back then. Before I do this again, maybe someone knows what is causing the problem. I did some research and found it has something to do with using your USB3 port. For me this sadly isn't the case, I unplugged all USB devices and put my mouse/keyboard in USB2 ports. Didn't do the trick

Build: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, XFX HD 6870, i7 2600K

booting with -f -x PCIRootUID=1 also didn't do the tick.
Thanks is advance!

Attachments

• foutmelding hackingtosh.JPG
    foutmelding hackingtosh.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 376

Thanks for this guide! Everything Works I think except the resolution. Instead of picking 64bit resolution, I picked ATI48xx Support/10.7.4 netkas ATI 48xx.kext since I have a 4870.

I have an Apple Cinema Display 30" with Dual-DVI Cable and a Dell 3008WFP with Dual-DVI Cable both monitors max resolution is 2560x1600. I hook both monitors up to the 4870, then I went to displays, it says max 1920x1200.

Did I do something wrong? Any Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

-Rich

**FIXED IT, I installed ATI 48xx Device Injector from Multibeast. I got better frame rates in Diablo 3, Starcraft 2, and better performance in cinebench.

wieerik said:
heyhey! Last night all the power in our house broke down and I think it broke my Hackintosh, when I boot I get the following KP. (see attachment)

From path: "uuid", Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch<key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

This isn't the first time this happens: I once got it when updating from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4, only a full reinstall of Lion worked back then. Before I do this again, maybe someone knows what is causing the problem. I did some research and found it has something to do with using your USB3 port. For me this sadly isn't the case, I unplugged all USB devices and put my mouse/keyboard in USB2 ports. Didn't do the trick

Thanks is advance!

evargas33 said:
wieerik said:

Thanks is advance!
First, you might try with dsdt=null as a Chimera flag. However, this likely involves cpu power management. Most complete approach (without having to do a re-install) is to start in single user mode. From the terminal, delete the /Extra folder and start with rboot again. Gradually rebuild your options in MB to see what causes the kp.

ghorwith said:
evargas33 said:
wieerik said:

Thanks is advance!
First, you might try with dsdt=null as a Chimera flag. However, this likely involves cpu power management. Most complete approach (without having to do a re-install) is to start in single user mode. From the terminal, delete the /Extra folder and start with rboot again. Gradually rebuild your options in MB to see what causes the kp.

I am finally getting all prepared to install Lion.
Should I update to F12 bios or stay at F11?

dsmturbo said:

F12 DSDT is the latest so F12 BIOS through QFlash.

I have to admit...I'm a little disappointed. I did all my homework, including reading this entire 50+ page thread a few times, and everything worked like a charm! I thought this would be much more challenging! :)

THANK YOU Gordo74 & tonymacx86.com! This Hackintosh ROCKS!

jester969 said:
dsmturbo said:

F12 DSDT is the latest so F12 BIOS through QFlash.

Awesome, thank you. Now I just have to get rid of that silly Windows 8 I installed and let it nuke my Win 7..idiot I am.
Will reinstall Win 7, should I use SSD for Mac or Win 7?

It is up to your preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back