Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

I am not too clear on the following from Gordo's guide re: using Unibeast instead of rBoot. Do I still use xMove, Multibeast etc.?

And where can I get the DSDT patch for F11 bios version, I see only F10 aml?

0. Use xMove to put the Lion install on a USB Drive (Or Unibeast - UNIBEAST IS PREFERRED METHOD, just use it instead of rboot in this guide). Instead of creating a partition, just point the xMove installer to a blank (formatted in disk utility) USB drive (8GB or higher required)
1. Download rBoot, MultiBeast 4.0.2 or higher, 10.7.2 or higher Combo update
2. Burn rBoot to Disk and put MB (MultiBeast), Combo update, and DSDT from DSDT database (dsdt.php) on your blank USB Drive
3. Plug in xMove’d Lion install drive, Turn on target comp and go into BIOS
4. Change HPET to 64-bit
5. Set BIOS to use ACHI instead of IDE
6. Boot from DVD drive into rBoot (Or UniBeast Drive)
7. Select xMove’d USB drive (Or UniBeast Drive)
8. Hit enter
9. Install OSX with whatever options you choose (if your disk doesn’t show up, click on utilities at the top and then go into disk utility and format the drive)
10. After reboot, put the rBoot DVD back in (or boot to UniBeast Drive)
11. Hover over your new OSX install and then hit enter
12. Welcome to OSX, our work isn’t done
13. Once you are on your desktop, plug in the USB Drive with the stuff on it from #1, place DSDT on the desktop and open Combo Update and MB.
15. Install Combo update, do NOT restart
16. Select the options as in my this screenshot for MB,
** NOTE: If using another board and using this guide, use EasyBeast instead of userDSDT install and also select your audio chipset**
** ANOTHER NOTE: Multibeast MAY crash at this step, taking all the other installers with it. Simply ignore it and reopen Multibeast and run with these options. **
**FINAL NOTE: Do NOT use the Official Realtek drivers (known to KP under high network load), see the FAQ below if the Ethernet in Multibeast does not work!**

dsmturbo said:
I am not too clear on the following from Gordo's guide re: using Unibeast instead of rBoot. Do I still use xMove, Multibeast etc.?

0. Use xMove to put the Lion install on a USB Drive (Or Unibeast - UNIBEAST IS PREFERRED METHOD, just use it instead of rboot in this guide). Instead of creating a partition, just point the xMove installer to a blank (formatted in disk utility) USB drive (8GB or higher required)
2. Burn rBoot to Disk and put MB (MultiBeast), Combo update, and DSDT from DSDT database (dsdt.php) on your blank USB Drive
4. Change HPET to 64-bit
8. Hit enter
9. Install OSX with whatever options you choose (if your disk doesn’t show up, click on utilities at the top and then go into disk utility and format the drive)
13. Once you are on your desktop, plug in the USB Drive with the stuff on it from #1, place DSDT on the desktop and open Combo Update and MB.
** NOTE: If using another board and using this guide, use EasyBeast instead of userDSDT install and also select your audio chipset**
** ANOTHER NOTE: Multibeast MAY crash at this step, taking all the other installers with it. Simply ignore it and reopen Multibeast and run with these options. **
**FINAL NOTE: Do NOT use the Official Realtek drivers (known to KP under high network load), see the FAQ below if the Ethernet in Multibeast does not work!**

You need to try to downgrade your BIOS or make your own aml.
Here are the steps you need to do and what you need:
-8GB or Larger Flash Drive
-Working Hackintosh/Mac
-To Follow Tony's Unibeast guide.

Once done with making Unibeast drive do this:
Set bios to these settings:
1.HPET to 64bit from 32bit
2.All settings that say IDE, change it to AHCI
3.Plug in flash drive, mouse, monitor, keyboard and reboot.
4.Go to boot menu (on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 it is F12)
5.Select USB-HDD and hit enter.
6.If it doesn't boot into the iBoot looking screen try to plug USB drive into other port and 7.hit enter again
8.Choose USB from menu
-OPTIONAL- Go to disk utility and format your HDD/SSD, you may need to do this.
9.Install OSX Like normal
10.Boot from Unibeast Drive again
11. Boot from new OSX install
12.Put DSDT-x.aml on desktop
13.Run MultiBeast with recommended settings by Gordo
14. Reboot and enjoy!

applereviewguy1 said:
dsmturbo said:

4. Change HPET to 64-bit
8. Hit enter

You need to try to downgrade your BIOS or make your own aml.
Here are the steps you need to do and what you need:
-8GB or Larger Flash Drive
-Working Hackintosh/Mac
-To Follow Tony's Unibeast guide.

Once done with making Unibeast drive do this:
Set bios to these settings:
1.HPET to 64bit from 32bit
2.All settings that say IDE, change it to AHCI
3.Plug in flash drive, mouse, monitor, keyboard and reboot.
4.Go to boot menu (on the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 it is F12)
5.Select USB-HDD and hit enter.
6.If it doesn't boot into the iBoot looking screen try to plug USB drive into other port and 7.hit enter again
8.Choose USB from menu
-OPTIONAL- Go to disk utility and format your HDD/SSD, you may need to do this.
9.Install OSX Like normal
10.Boot from Unibeast Drive again
11. Boot from new OSX install
12.Put DSDT-x.aml on desktop
13.Run MultiBeast with recommended settings by Gordo
14. Reboot and enjoy!

Awesome explanation Applereviewguy1
I guess I'll have to downgrade bios, I thought I had seen someone used F11 but perhaps they made their own .aml file.

I am going to try this on a SSD drive and I see you are using one. I also need to install with just 4GB ram, after I can insert rest of ram, correct?

You guys and this site are amazing, I might have a Hackintosh soon here

dsmturbo said:
applereviewguy1 said:
dsmturbo said:

I guess I'll have to downgrade bios, I thought I had seen someone used F11 but perhaps they made their own .aml file.

I am going to try this on a SSD drive and I see you are using one. I also need to install with just 4GB ram, after I can insert rest of ram, correct?

I installed just fine with 16GB RAM, in fact I couldn't get it to boot with 4GB :banghead:, But I think that was just a fluke

I installed fine on my Vertex 3, and I found the aml for you: http://www.osx86.net/view/2613-hdmi_aud ... 0-f11.html
You can try that but I am not sure it will work, as I have not tested it.

applereviewguy1 said:
What did you change to fix the problem? (Good to post the resolutions for others who run across the same problem.)

ghorwith said:
applereviewguy1 said:
What did you change to fix the problem? (Good to post the resolutions for others who run across the same problem.)
I wasn't able to boot OSX so I started it with either GraphicsEnabler=No or GraphicsEnabler=Yes, but I forget :banghead:

applereviewguy1 said:
dsmturbo said:
applereviewguy1 said:

I installed just fine with 16GB RAM, in fact I couldn't get it to boot with 4GB :banghead:, But I think that was just a fluke

I installed fine on my Vertex 3, and I found the aml for you: http://www.osx86.net/view/2613-hdmi_aud ... 0-f11.html
You can try that but I am not sure it will work, as I have not tested it.[/quote]

Thank you very much, I downloaded both the new files.

DragonZeal said:
I followed this guide and it works perfect.
Except for one thing.
I don't have 5.1 through the digital output.
Any ideas?

5.1 is a pipe dream for many a mac user (real or hack). You can sort of get it working by opening Audio MIDI setup and changing the output options on that connector. Normally it's also nice to boost the audio output from 64 to 92 or above (whatever you audio chip supports). You'll get more clearer audiophile audio out–granted you need the equipment to get the benefit.

More info here:
http://guides.macrumors.com/Configuring ... n_Mac_OS_X

Hey Gordo,

I used unibeast and multibeast to get my hack going. Followed all the instructions including set optimized defaults, hpet to 64, and sata to AHCI in the bios. A few things wouldn't work so I went through your set up and and saw a few checks were missing so I ticked those off in multibeast too. Thanks man, definitely helped out on getting my Ethernet working :)

Still don't have a recognized sound device though...any thoughts?

I'm using the same board as you with F10 bios and an 15-2500k. Not sure if I need to leave anymore info.

Great post, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back