Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

I'm having great difficulty getting audio working again after updating to 10.7.4. I've done the AppleHDA rollback and applied the ALC8xxHDA from Multi beast 4.2,4.3 and 4.5 without any success, does anyone have any tips or suggestions? Thanks

Edit: Fixed by removing ALC8xx.kext, AppleHDA.kext and all the HDA enablers from S/L/E, restarting, applying the patched 889 AppleHDA from multibeast and the 889 non-dsdt enabler.

hi Gordo
thanks for guides

I had a configuration similar to the part vga and cpu
but with O.S. SL

now I fried the GA-P67A-UD3-B3 :cry:
and ordered the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (REV 1.0 unfortunately)

There is possibility that SL will work with the new configuration
or at least recover files

for example by creating a new partition with Lion (with your guides) and move the files?

I apologize for my English

thanks

I use this guide thanks!

I have upgraded to 10.7.4, I have a i5-2400, must I use SSDT?
How I can try if my system works properly?

Anyone else having issues with graphic artifacts in the boot process?

I have the bios and boot loader giving me strange artifacts every now and then on boot up.

If I restart it usually goes away. Any ideas? I am guessing it might be from my ATI 6870 but I haven't confirmed that.

Hello, I am trying to get the Optical SPDIF Out to work on this board/video card combo with OS X 10.7.4. Everything else is working flawlessly, including Built-In Internal Speakers, but I would like to connect this board to my 1000w Sony BRAVIA DAV-DZ170 Home Theater System . I read through this forum, and many others so far, and could not find any answers that worked for me. I downloaded the latest DSDT.aml from the DSDT Database for F12, but I can not seem to find an appropriate kext for the audio, and I have probably tried about a dozen from difference forums. Please advise and ask me any specifications that you need. Thanks. :)

I've finished building a 16TB server with a Chenbro RM41416ML. It runs an ATTO ExpressSAS H60F with the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 f10, i3 2100 chip, using onboard graphics over DVI, 16GB RAM. It was remarkably easy!

Thank you for the detailed guide and all the guidance. I read this whole thread and many others..

10.7.2 Lion is installed using the Unibeast method. Everything installed and works perfectly. However, I can't boot automatically just from the Lion install. The system first boots saying "Loading Operating System....." for 30 seconds, then comes to the Chimera prompt: displaying the USB and Lion drive, which then I manually choose the Lion drive. On my other hackintosh I happens automatically.

Is there a step I missed?

Thank you again for the guide.

Attachments

• 20120531_184629.jpg
    20120531_184629.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 220

soylent said:
I've finished building a 16TB server with a Chenbro RM41416ML. It runs an ATTO ExpressSAS H60F with the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 f10, i3 2100 chip, using onboard graphics over DVI, 16GB RAM. It was remarkably easy!

Thank you for the detailed guide and all the guidance. I read this whole thread and many others..

10.7.2 Lion is installed using the Unibeast method. Everything installed and works perfectly. However, I can't boot automatically just from the Lion install. The system first boots saying "Loading Operating System....." for 30 seconds, then comes to the Chimera prompt: displaying the USB and Lion drive, which then I manually choose the Lion drive. On my other hackintosh I happens automatically.

Is there a step I missed?

Thank you again for the guide.
After installing Lion to the hd, and running Multbeast, if you remove the usb you created with unibeast, Chimera will only see the one hd to boot from and it should proceed to boot based on the number of seconds in Timeout (examine your org.chameleon.Boot.plist). If it stops at the Chimera splash screen, you must have selected "instant menu".

Thanks, it was as simple as removing the USB. Boots now directly.

Now when I boot, it hangs on a Protools component installed.

Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
com.digidesign.iokit.DigiDal
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily

How do it delete the offending extension in the Terminal?

SOLVED: Deleted it in the Terminal booting from the USB stick, opening the terminal, rm -R /Volumes/Lion/System/Library/Extensions/DigiDal.kext then Enter and reboot.

Don't install the 64-bit apple boot screen if you plan on dual booting with windows, chimera won't show you windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back