Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering, does the computer go into sleep as fast as it did with ML? When I hit the sleepbutton the monitor shuts down but it takes a good 20sec before the whole computer is in sleep.

I did change USB Legacy to Auto and Virutalisation off and that seems to kinda work.

Long into-sleep phase was caused by XHC Handoff being enabled.
Maybe 10 sec. In ML sleep was more fast.
But not problem to me...

I have this board and I'm having USB issues after wake. I have a fresh copy of Mavericks installed.

It has UEFI U1b, so maybe I need to upgrade to U1c, but I don't know.

I do have an Apple keyboard so that might be it.

If I click the mouse of press a key it wakes up but the screen is black.

If I press the power button it wakes up but the keyboard and mouse are dead unless I unplug the keyboard and plug it into a different usb port.

I read that there was a newer set of Z68 DSDTs released that fixed this if you are using a bios, but I haven't seen you guys reporting these problems with the UEFI.

Also some people suggested it was the lynux2mac ethernet driver so I uninstalled that and still had the problems.

Any ideas?

I have seen this sleep issue with many gigabyte mainboards.. power off your machine and reboot and then sleep / wake it should fix it .. thats how ive resolved it in the past. Also check ur usb devices something is causing that conflict..
RESET bios to default / reload and then power off machine set proper settings in bios and just have keyboard mouse / vga and test..

I have seen this sleep issue with many gigabyte mainboards.. power off your machine and reboot and then sleep / wake it should fix it .. thats how ive resolved it in the past. Also check ur usb devices something is causing that conflict..
RESET bios to default / reload and then power off machine set proper settings in bios and just have keyboard mouse / vga and test..

I probably powered it off and rebooted 10 times. Didn't fix it. I guess I'll try the bios settings next? Or maybe just update to U1C.

Man, I updated to U1C and it didn't make any difference. I used all the same bios settings as in the first post. What could I be doing wrong?

Hmm.. I am using an older bios too.. wiered your still having issues, this may sound wired how about using a different hd to run mac osx ie a 16gb usb drive ive loaded osx to it before works fine $5 lol see if it freezes in that u can use superduper to either clone urs or install fresh

Prepare system

Method 1 (Terminal repair permission)
repair system permissions first
open terminal and paste this command below it will ask u for a Su password (Super root) is administrator pass in osx if you have never used it before then you can make one and then paste this command again to to repair permissions

STEP1- sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Method 2 for the (lazy man / women)
Go to the following: on the top where the home button etc is

Downloads → tonymacx86 Downloads → Community Software → Kext Utility
go to cvad site and download the utility (Ive also attached it in the attachments below)
simply open it and put your computer password and it will fix permissions for you easy peazy

STEP2-(How I did it) I simply let it update and reboot the system some people say there audio did not work so simply use multi beast and re install DSDT free ALC 889 and repair permissions again and reboot and your done

-LASTLY DONT FORGET TO RE-ENABLE TRIM FOR SSD DRIVES (IF DISABLED)

10.9.1 WORKS FINE simply update from app store

Attachments

• Kext_Utility.app.v2.5.6.zip
    271.5 KB · Views: 118
Hey all! I've been wanting to upgrade my board to the new UEFI (on F9 right now) for a while, but still hesitant I can't afford to brick my board :crazy:. Few questions [Noob]:

1. Is BIOS U1C stable in 10.9.1 on rev 1.3?
2. Is it that risky to flash a new BIOS (using mac method)
3. If I have a system already installed using a DSDT, can I just remove the DSDT file before flashing the new BIOS and boot into my system normally?

Thanks!

Hi Elite2K & all members,

After long thoughts i finally took the step of upgrading to mavericks .. Do you still have the same system running GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 + I3 3225?

I did a clean install but i'm struggling to get the system stable. Can I keep using the same bios settings as with 10.8?

I'm using the HDMI video+audio this will be my next step i'm wondering if i could use my old DSDT for HDMI audio again?

Any thoughts anyone?

As soon as i make some progress i will post my settings on this great forum.

Gr Victorian

Okay It's up and running.

But at one one point the new windows/apps i start will get scrambled.

please see the pictures.

Attached also the multibeast settings.

I've set the internal memory for the graphics on 512mb and 1024mb

However in the system overview it stays on 1024mb..

What a great Journey again to build your own system, for all you readers who are thinking of building there first hackingtosh i can only say do it! Al the small problems you will hit give you a challenge with a great rewarding feeling when you solved it.

Attachments

• maverickv1.mb
    5.1 KB · Views: 182
  • foto 1.JPG
    foto 1.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 157
  • foto 2.JPG
    foto 2.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 182
  • foto 3.JPG
    foto 3.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 146