Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with the i3 2105 processor with 8 GB ram and using the built in HD3000 for graphics.

I loaded the UEFI BIOS and created a ML install disc and did a fresh install. I then rebooted using the USB and chose Mountain Lion at the bootloader screen and ran Multibeast 5.0.2. After rebooting, I then went into the BIOS and changed the startup disk to match the disc with ML. At that point it starts booting but the screen goes black and the monitor sleeps. I can screen share from another computer to my fresh ML install, but I can't see anything at the actual computer.

Any suggestions? I tried typing PCIRootUID=0 at the bootloader but that didn't do anything. I typed -v, but I couldn't tell if anything was wrong. I can boot using -x for safe mode, but that doesn't seem like a good path forward.

Oh, and another thing is the graphics are horrible, only one resolution. There aren't any options in displays to change the resolution

I edited the plist in /Extra to change GraphicsEnabler=0 (or can be done via customization/boot options in Multibeast). I also fixed the monitor resolution in the plist by adding the following:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1920x1080x32</string>

Still having a problem with boot order. My ML drive shows up as a UEFI: drive option when selecting boot priority in the BIOS. When I select that, it doesn't boot. I saw another post where the poster disconnected the other drives and then was able to select the ML in the boot priority as P0: (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ut-no-p0-boot-option-z77-ds3h.html#post458572). I'll give it a try.

edit: Okay, everything works...

edit: Okay, everything works...

Not quite true. The sleep doesn't seem to work. It gives a white screen instead of a black screen. Safari also flashes when opening a new tab.

I updated to 10.8.2 successfully, but my speaker make a very faint popping sounds whenever they are plugged in. I can still play audio through the speakers and it is very clear, there is just the most annoying popping sound.

Also, I have gotten one kernel panic where the OS just had to reboot. Do you think something happened during the update? None of these things happened when I was 10.8.1

Thanks,

Clayton :D

Not quite true. The sleep doesn't seem to work. It gives a white screen instead of a black screen. Safari also flashes when opening a new tab.

Any suggestions? I found some posts about changing the darkwake settings in the plist, but that didn't help.

Any suggestions? I found some posts about changing the darkwake settings in the plist, but that didn't help.

To me it seems evident that the flashing is caused by improper graphics initialization as I had that problem when I first tried to install it on my machine...

Does it also flash oddly when you click the three horizontal lines in the top right corner to bring out the notification center?

Also I'm not at home atm but I'll post back the full BIOS page settings that I boot with to help things along and yes you can't boot from the UEFI option for ML you have to boot from the PATA setting but again I'm not sure what the settings are in the bios to select that, I'll post them later on. Best of luck mate.

To me it seems evident that the flashing is caused by improper graphics initialization as I had that problem when I first tried to install it on my machine...

Does it also flash oddly when you click the three horizontal lines in the top right corner to bring out the notification center?

Also I'm not at home atm but I'll post back the full BIOS page settings that I boot with to help things along and yes you can't boot from the UEFI option for ML you have to boot from the PATA setting but again I'm not sure what the settings are in the bios to select that, I'll post them later on. Best of luck mate.

Thanks! Yes, when I click on the notification center I get some flashing as the note tray expands. Maybe the graphics glitch is related to my white screen instead of sleep? Using the builtin HD3000 graphics.

I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but I noticed my internet connection has slowed since I upgraded to ML. Must be a coincidence.

Furthermore in my putzing around, I had my comp randomly restart and then in BIOS there was no more MAC for the Eth when you hit F9 to check system info. After trying to reload default options, power cycle, turn the option off, then on while power cycling I still had no MAC or working Eth in Win7 or ML.

However, after I pulled the CMOS Batt and flipped the switch on the PSU (virtually unplugging it) and played a couple Death Races on the iPad before putting it back together, I booted into the BIOS and viola, Eth worked again. So that tiny tidbit I hope helps some one.

Thanks as always,
Jakweeze

Have tried everything to get my onboard LAN working again. This is what did it. Thanks!!

I'm continuing to have problems with:
- will not enter sleep
- white screen when the computer sits for the minutes needed to go to sleep (clicking the mouse/keyboard dismisses the white screen and you go back to the desktop)
- embedded videos in web pages (i.e., Youtube and other sites) do not play (some do, some do not, don't know if a particular video will play until I try. Tried updating flash, but that didn't help. Used Safari, Chrome, and Firefox, all the same problem).

I went through all of the steps outlined in this guide EXCEPT the SSDT step. Since I have an i3, it looked like it didn't apply to me. If not, which one should I select?

Thought of putting the dsdt on the desktop and rerunning multibeast, but there isn't an option for UEFI bios. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Motherboard is GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 v1.3

CPU is i3 2105

No graphics card, trying to use HD3000.

Installed UEFI per guide.

Created Unibeast with 10.8.2.

Booted via usb and installed the OS.

I can boot via the USB. Ethernet is functional. Screen res is low, with no options.

Installed Multibeast with options indicated in the guide, except for SSDT, since this is an i3.

All of the above was done with a DVI to HDMI adapter, HDMI cable, and HDMI monitor.

When I try to boot from the hard drive I get this type of message...

waitForSystemmapper
backtrace 0xffffff0000650cdf 0xffffff0000650059 0xffffff00006507c8........
Kernel Extensions in backtrace:
org.navi.OemSMBIOS(1.0)

Questions:

1. Do I have to use a DVI cable and DVI monitor to install?

2. I have seen messages in this forum about deleting the OEMsmbios.kext. I can't find it. Where is it?

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back