Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for a great guide! Was able to get ML up and running in no time. Only thing I did different from your guide was running SSDT i5.

The one issue I have is waking from sleep. Computer goes to sleep no problems but when I wake it the screen stays blank. I can hear harddrive startup and my bluetooth keyboard/trackpad connects but screen remains black. I've tried patching the AppleRTC kext but to no avail (I have no problems with bios anyways). I've tried waking from power button, keyboard, trackpad with the same result. I've played around with different settings in Boot.plist also with no result. I've searched the forum but haven't seen anyone with a similar problem. Any help truly appreciated!

Running GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS, with i5 2500k (no OC), 8 gig ram at 1600mhz, XFX HD 5770, Apple Cinema Display 27, Apple bluetooth dongle, Apple wireless keyboard, Apple trackpad, SSD 120gb OCZ AGILITY Sata III.

I would be tempted to remove HDAEnabler889.kext and AppleHDA.kext from /S/L/E and then re-install them with MultiBeast. Make sure you use the non-DSDT audio option.

Otherwise a USB sound card would be fine. I have a Silverstone USB DAC I use when I can't be bothered messing with drivers for onboard audio.

I just got home, I deleted the two files you suggested, reinstalled them with MB, rebooted, no luck. Then I noticed, there was a HDA enabler also for 887 and 888 in S/L/E, which caused the trouble! I deleted all the HDAenablers and the AppleHDA kexts, reinstalled with MB only the 889 and it's OK now. Maybe I installed the wrong ones with MB the first time by accident? I don't know, but it works now, I'm so happy!

Thank you for your help memmerson!

i'm gonna try this but first i want to know something because i already went back to lion.
1) Should i try to install mountain lion with or without the gpu plugged in ? (i.e. should i follow this guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...-uefi-bios-all-working-dsdt-not-required.html or that guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html)
2) Should i go for clean install or just to upgrade?? In case i go for clean install , should i format the hd through disk utility ,when i reach this step (unibeast guide) or this procedure requires something else?? (i ask in order to be sure)
thanks again !!!

I upgraded (clean install) to mountain lion succesfully. I don't have problem while booting. I copied kext from here (i am not sure if it's the right one) http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3005&page=2 but i can't get full screen resolution (DVI cable) and for example safari doesn't work properly.Apart from that this window appeared for the kext i copied.
Should i install NVIDIA Fermi >2 gb???

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-26 at 7.44.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-26 at 7.44.04 PM.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 129
I upgraded (clean install) to mountain lion succesfully. I don't have problem while booting. I copied kext from here (i am not sure if it's the right one) http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3005&page=2 but i can't get full screen resolution (DVI cable) and for example safari doesn't work properly.Apart from that this window appeared for the kext i copied.
Should i install NVIDIA Fermi >2 gb???

Hi, download Kext Wizard and do Repair Permissions, that **might** fix it for you.

do you have Darkwake=0 in your boot.plist under kernel flags?

Thanks for your reply. I have the following for Kernal Flags:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 npci=0x3000</string>

I tried without darkwake but it did not make any difference. It is weird cause I had no problems with sleep in Lion. I wonder if it has something to do with my graphics card and using a cinema display.

Cheers

memmerson

Have You experienced crashes after sleep?

I did the installation and configuration ok! I was using for a couple of days and everything was ok, but today after going back from sleep the hackintosh crashes making sound like "tutututututu".

Any clue?

thank you for your reply -- itwas
That rocketraid is an external disk understood that it was a problem by the method I got itwas to teach.

Listed by owning process:
pid 168(helpd): [0x0000000c00000131] 00:04:43 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding"
pid 17(powerd): [0x000000090000012c] 00:04:57 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted"

Why does the disk of rocketraid2710 turn into an external disk?
Although it is visible to an internal disk in the post of tony.
The cause was found and it was good why it became an external disk, although I do not understand.
Thank you.

Attachments

• ss.png
    ss.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 204
thank you for your reply -- itwas
That rocketraid is an external disk understood that it was a problem by the method I got itwas to teach.

Listed by owning process:
pid 168(helpd): [0x0000000c00000131] 00:04:43 BackgroundTask named: "com.apple.helpd.sdmbuilding"
pid 17(powerd): [0x000000090000012c] 00:04:57 ExternalMedia named: "com.apple.powermanagement.externalmediamounted"

Why does the disk of rocketraid2710 turn into an external disk?
Although it is visible to an internal disk in the post of tony.
The cause was found and it was good why it became an external disk, although I do not understand.
Thank you.

the helpd process will terminate by itself once it finished the background job

I think you can manually put the computer to sleep

seems that the pmset do not have any settings for external media

you may try the freeware PleaseSleep
http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back