Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I tried your settings on my i5 2500K which is 3.3 GHz the pc wouldn't boot.

It should have worked if you used the normal Core i5 SSDT as opposed to the Overclocked Core i5/i7 SSDT. Did you try that?

I tried overclocking to 37GHz and

4 cores: 41x
3 cores: 40x
2 cores: 39x
1 core: 38x

Worked OK?

Did you mean those the other way around? i.e.: fewer cores with higher clocks.

BTW the USB3.0 is working great on all my USB3.0 devices, I have an external USB3.0 drive and USB3.0 SD Card Reader.

Great! Thanks for letting us know, it is useful to get reports of success with previously questionable elements of the build.

It should have worked if you used the normal Core i5 SSDT as opposed to the Overclocked Core i5/i7 SSDT. Did you try that?

Did you mean those the other way around? i.e.: fewer cores with higher clocks.

Great! Thanks for letting us know, it is useful to get reports of success with previously questionable elements of the build.
No haven't tried i5 SSDT, your settings won't let me get out of bios.

Sorry I meant
1 cores: 41x
2 cores: 40x
3 cores: 39x
4 core: 38x

Are you using your HD6850? If so, I would recommend testing sleep without it installed and using the HD3000 instead. If that works then the problem must stem from the discrete graphics.

Also, what are you using to wake? i.e.: a wired keyboard, bluetooth mouse etc.

yup. i'm using the 6850 as my main graphics card. ok i'll try to follow your advice. i've tried using a wired keyboard or sometimes a wireless logitech mouse.

Are you using your HD6850? If so, I would recommend testing sleep without it installed and using the HD3000 instead. If that works then the problem must stem from the discrete graphics.

Also, what are you using to wake? i.e.: a wired keyboard, bluetooth mouse etc.

by the way: do i have to change my system definition to a mac mini? i'm currently using the mac pro 3.1.

by the way: do i have to change my system definition to a mac mini? i'm currently using the mac pro 3.1.

MacMini5,1 activates the onboard HD3000 driver which Mac Pro3,1 does not. MacMini also supposedly had more p-states. But when using discrete graphics you can use MacPro3,1.

Ok, tested USB3 with DT Ultimate G2 16Gb kingston USB Drive, in USB2 Port read/write=36/24 Mb/s in USB3 port 105/65 Mb/s...Much nicer...
Icloud/appstore/itunes ok after changing serial with chameleon wizard...
About OC I found the way...I have stock cooler so I`ve tried only 35x and with i5/i7 OC SSDT got MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 19 36 37 38 39 and 13225 GB Score

just wanted to add my 2 pennies of thank you. i was procrastinating this upgrade bcos it always isn't as simple as one expects, but i've just upgraded to ml. this one was really super simple. thank you!
aslo, my geekbench went from 11610 lion to 11680 mountain lion. very small improvement so i dont think it means anything

Hi, if you use GE=No then the driver for the HD3000 is not installed. With GE=On is enabled and when OSX boots initially, with this mobo (in my experience) it requires the monitor to be connected to the DVI port.

If you have a DVI>HDMI adapter you should just use that as HDMI and DVI are compatible in terms of video functionality. Unless you require HDMI audio, then you will need to switch the desktop to the HDMI display; one way of doing that would be to boot with 2 monitors connected (HDMI & DVI) and when at the desktop, in the Arrangement section of Displays in System Preferences drag the menu bar in the graphic to the representative desktop of the HDMI connected display, then disconnect the DVI monitor.

ok thanks :) I bought a DVI cable today and now everything works perfect for now.. ;)

First of all thanks for the guide and everyone's tips. I had to reinstall but I have user's home dir in a separate partition so it only took 15 mins to re-download all the software and all the preferences are there. Highly recommended practice for the adventurous hackintoshers.

Everything works like the previous DSDT-based install, except it boots much faster and it is an easier install overall.

Problems wise, my USB3 ports seem dead, but the worst issue is the crack from the speakers before any sound is played. Once the crack is heard, music plays fine. I see one more user mentioned it in the first pages of the thread, just wondering how common it is.

Problems wise, my USB3 ports seem dead, but the worst issue is the crack from the speakers before any sound is played. Once the crack is heard, music plays fine. I see one more user mentioned it in the first pages of the thread, just wondering how common it is.

Hi, I don't get a crack but there is definitely a slight delay of about 1/4 to 1/2 a second before audio plays, which isn't so noticeable when watching videos or listening to music, but is very distracting when playing system effects. Hopefully this will get fixed.

I have a few USB DACs and these don't suffer this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back