Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great guide, thank you! I made the switch to UEFI some days ago on Mountain Lion. My hack is booting faster, and my geekbench score increased by 500 points. Sleep and wake are instantaneous now, the only thing not working however is auto-sleep. Did anyone manage to make his/her hack auto-sleep honouring the energy saver settings? I know about and am using Pleasesleep, but it has a few drawbacks and it's just not the real deal ;)

In my setup, existing Windows would crashed at login screen randomly. Since I have all my data on different drive (Windows boot drive is on the 112GB SSD), I went ahead and install Windows and apps again. I also installed new drivers and stuff from Gigabyte site. Everything is working with no crash and it's much faster now.

That sounds exactly like what I'm running into. I was hoping to avoid a Windows reinstall but it sounds like that's where I need to go next. Thanks for sharing your experience!

That sounds exactly like what I'm running into. I was hoping to avoid a Windows reinstall but it sounds like that's where I need to go next. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Is osx and windows on seperate physical harddrives?

Is osx and windows on seperate physical harddrives?

My system has both OS on different drives and I use F12 for boot menu. I'm saving myself tons of time configuring boot manager and stuff . I know some prefer boot manager and/or multiple partitions on 1 drive for OS. It's harder to setup and manage since one may have to re-install OS from time to time with Hackintosh (SP, Lion, and now ML with bunch of fixes in between. ;-)

Cheer !!!

Great guide, thank you! I made the switch to UEFI some days ago on Mountain Lion. My hack is booting faster, and my geekbench score increased by 500 points. Sleep and wake are instantaneous now, the only thing not working however is auto-sleep. Did anyone manage to make his/her hack auto-sleep honouring the energy saver settings? I know about and am using Pleasesleep, but it has a few drawbacks and it's just not the real deal ;)

Hi, did you have auto-sleep working in Lion? Just wondering as I've not seen it working on this mobo previously on any OS (SL, Lion, ML) or BIOS/UEFI.

Only issue's I have now are Overclocking Doesn't seem to work with UEFI Bios and Magic Mouse is intermittently jerky.

Hi, overclocking does work but not quite as as before.

Previously, for a 4.7ghz overclock, I could just change the multiplier to 47x and nudge up the vcore by 0.04v, which had worked perfectly with the legacy BIOS.

But now that doesn't work, instead you can use the Overclocked Core i5/i7 SSDT for a maximum 4.2ghz overclock. You also need to specify the clocks individually for the Turbo-modes, for example, my overclock is now:

4 cores: 39x
3 cores: 40x
2 cores: 41x
1 core: 42x

I understand that you can modify the SSDT to permit better overclocks and I might get round to it myself at some point, but for now I'm in no rush.

is there any reason to reinstall with multibeast 5?
is it really ok to run it in my current system? that is not a fresh install of ML just open MB and install

just wondering

thanks

There is no reason to reinstall Mountain Lion, especially just for a re-config with Multibeast. You can run Multibeast over the top of your install whenever you like, as long as you are careful with the settings, but that applies to a fresh install also.

And the only reason you might want to rerun Multibeast now is if you want to improve USB3 support. Apart from that, I see no reason at this time.

I reinstalled Lion 10.7.3 with UEFI BIOS, overclocked to 4,3Ghz and got everything working and Geekbench 11-12k.
I cloned my partition because it is working great without SSDT and DSDT, I installed also iMessage beta so I'll continue trying to make ML working :(

Thanks for your guide btw !

UPDATE: upgraded to 10.7.4, installed a SSDT found on the forum and everything works great too, moutain lion installation is coming :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back