Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-H87N-WIFI: UniBeast/Yosemite to Clover/El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post, everything seems to work perfectly.

How can i verify the Pstate and if the freq really goes to 0.8gh ?

UPDATE : Tony publied a thread, you can verify it this way (second part of the article) : http://www.tonymacx86.com/ssdt/177456-quick-guide-generate-ssdt-cpu-power-management.html

Ok i'm auto quoting :)
Power gadget shows me the CPU freq goes to 0.8gh so it probably works :)

Capture d’écran 2015-11-04 à 11.53.09.png

For others users, i'm with the F8 bios and everything seems to work. (i used the DSDT provided by ammulder).

For Maxell video car users as i am, don't forget to boot with nv_disable=1 or you will run into problems.

Thank you for a great guide.

This is the my exact configuration, SANS the video card, and it went smoothly. I had the fast reboot cycle issue, and had to boot to restore/terminal to move the offending kexts. I even have bluetooth!

hello,

first of all, thanks for your guide, everything seems to be working fine besides my iStat Menus application (I suppose FakeSMC is not installed correctly - advices?) and I couldn't find the SSDT.aml file because the commands on the ssdtPRGen.sh page didn't work for me, so standby does not work (wakes up after a few seconds)

hello,

first of all, thanks for your guide, everything seems to be working fine besides my iStat Menus application (I suppose FakeSMC is not installed correctly - advices?) and I couldn't find the SSDT.aml file because the commands on the ssdtPRGen.sh page didn't work for me, so standby does not work (wakes up after a few seconds)

If you're generating an SSDT on the same machine, you don't need any arguments for ssdtPRGen.sh. So you only need to run the curl and chmod commands to run it. (The beta with Broadwell/Skylake support is a little broken at the moment, but you shouldn't need that.)

For iStat, I'm not sure it's expected to work fully for El Capitan (I think there was at least one thread about this in the El Capitan Desktop Support forum). But you can use MultiBeast 8 to install FakeSMC and the FakeSMC plugins and HWmonitor, and that should be what you need -- then you can compare HWmonitor and iStat and see what gives you the best results.

Hi Ammulder,
Thank you for taking the time to put this guide together, I've used a combination of your posts and Stork's to get my computer put together and then flipped over to running Clover. I'm still on Yosemite but I have clover running pretty well now so i'm trying to tackle the iMessage issue now. Currently I'm able to sign into messages but then I can't send messages so I tried following your post to see if my SN and MLB match, but it would appear that my config.plist does not have a <key>MLB</key>. I can't seem to find any posts here or elsewhere with someone with that exact issue. I was wondering if you thought i'd be able to just insert:
<key>MLB</key>
<string>[value equal to my SN]</string>
in the RTVariables section of the config.plist? Or is there a more serious issue that led to me not having this value in there in the first place?
Thank you for your time,
David

Hi Ammulder,
Thank you for taking the time to put this guide together, I've used a combination of your posts and Stork's to get my computer put together and then flipped over to running Clover. I'm still on Yosemite but I have clover running pretty well now so i'm trying to tackle the iMessage issue now. Currently I'm able to sign into messages but then I can't send messages so I tried following your post to see if my SN and MLB match, but it would appear that my config.plist does not have a <key>MLB</key>. I can't seem to find any posts here or elsewhere with someone with that exact issue. I was wondering if you thought i'd be able to just insert:
<key>MLB</key>
<string>[value equal to my SN]</string>
in the RTVariables section of the config.plist? Or is there a more serious issue that led to me not having this value in there in the first place?
Thank you for your time,
David

If it's any help, I just realized that I'm receiving iMessages but still can't send. Sorry if this is a huge clue, I'm just beginning to research again knowing that fact.

If it's any help, I just realized that I'm receiving iMessages but still can't send. Sorry if this is a huge clue, I'm just beginning to research again knowing that fact.

So... I'm an idiot. I needed to sign into iCloud in system prefs. I'll excuse myself now.

To be honest, I don't know very much about iMessage. It works for me on some machines but not others. :) I've just tried to provide the highlights from the more detailed guides in the hopes that you can avoid digging into them in detail.

In general, though, for a 12-digit serial number (for system definitions for more recent machines), you generally want your MLB value to be the serial number plus 5 random digits you add on the end, for a total of 17. (For 11-digit, add two to make 13.)

That said, if it's already somewhat working, you might mess it up by changing your MLB. Or maybe that's the problem that makes it not be fully working and it could fix it. I have no idea.

Best advice would be to post a detailed question to the http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html thread, because I bet the people knowledgeable in such things lurk there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back