Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chipsybg consider the HP ProBook 4530s XU015UT. It is the same price as the newer model but smaller hard drive. Processor speed increase is negligible. I can tell you it works perfectly right out of the box. Screen looks good and sleep works (except for bluetooth not working after sleep)

http://www.amazon.com/HP-XU015UT-Dual-C ... 028&sr=8-2

have also seen it cheaper other places, but amazon offers free 2 day shipping and good return policy

***This unit has Bios F.0A, have no plans to upgrade it

Chipsybg said:
I don't know if it's worth it, I'm considering bringing mine back to the store and get something else. I really like the Envy 15 but I don't know how available are the DSDT and kexts. I will upgrade the screen because I can't stand it, but the trackpad is not very responsive and that's a major turn off, since it's the main reason to replace my Latitiude E5520, which was working awesomely except for the touchpad.
Sleep is a no go either - with or without SleepEnabler next.

P.S. Ok, after downgrade to BIOS F.20 the touchpad is a lot more responsive.
Sleep is still not working. Tried BIOS reset and all. Maybe a patched DSDT is needed?
Also what kind of DSDT will I need after upgrade the screen to the v4 1080p?
If I'm in the wrong thread, please let me know, total noob here :)

This brightness issue is fixed if you put your display to sleep. Set a Hot Corner at the preferences to put the display to sleep. Then all you have to do is to move your cursor at that corner to put the display to sleep.
The sleep it should work. The fix is at the DSDT. If you have a correct DSDT it should work.
And yes the screen has a very poor quality, thats why a lot of us we have changed it. The 4530s cost 1/3 of a MBP, so according my opinion it is worth its money. I do not know if the Envy can be hacintoshed and it is up to you what to buy.

What DSDT did you use after the screen upgrade? Mine is arriving on Tuesday so I need to be prepared. After I replace the screen and upgrade to 2630QM I'll be happy :D

I used a patched one from blueking. If you search at the screen upgrade topic you will find various DSDT's depending at your machines specifications.
Otherwise you can patch your DSDT. It is not so difficult.

Hello all. I've had 10.7.2 running great for months. I did the 10.7.1 install first, updated to 10.7.2 when it came out but I fudged up on the Installer as I didnt select some crucial things. Was able to repair my way out and Lion has been working like a champ. Havent had KP in months, especially with Sleep. I always run on battery power, and I can sleep and shutdown with no issues. Before 10.7.1 it was always a gamble.

However it did screw up sound. I cannot hear sound unless move the volume slider all the way to the top. Needless to say this makes things too loud. Before sound worked great, no issues at all but since i screwed up on the updater by not selecting some things, it borked it. Its either max volume or nothing.

So while i download the 10.7.3 update I just wanna be clear. The instructions say:

"Then, simply run the HP Probook Installer, selecting simply the OS X version you are updating to. Do this after you install the update, but before the reboot."

So I select the update version (10.7.3), then do I have to select the ethernet kext installer and the DSDT that matches my machine? Im on bios F09 btw. Then reboot?

I think thats where I screwed up when I ran the 10.7.2 installer. I just selected update version and hit next so I wanna be sure I do it right when I install 10.7.3.

Help! My optical drive is missing! I upgraded BIOS from F0A to F20, but now I have no optical drive. Any ideas how to get it back?

Check in BIOS. I lost my optical drive after BIOS update because it somehow got disabled in BIOS.

Hey All,

I screwed up... I was pushing buttons too fast accidentally installed 10.7.4 and restarted before installing Donkey's kext updates...

As you may suspect, I get a kernel panic on startup and I can't seem to get around it.

From the boot screen it seems the panic is caused by AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and I've tried replacing it with a good one found elsewhere on the tonymac forum. Luck.

I've tried booting to safe mode and single user mode and both fail.

I've also tried booting DSDT=null and had no luck.

I've tried to reinstall OSX from my install USB... no luck.

I am going to try the rBoot-LE iso soon.

Can anyone help? Right now I can't get past nanoseconds in the boot, so I can't even get to running the updated multibeast.

Thanks.

UPDATE:

I reinstalled OSX off of Unibeast (without erasing the disk) and re-ran the HP Probook Installer. Things seem to be back to normal now. Not sure why it didn't work the first time I tried it.

Anyone know if there is a probook installer for 10.7.4 in the works?

Today hasn't been a fun day to say the least.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back