Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I need to select a DSDT when updating to 10.7.2 or not? The guide does not make this clear.

edit: ok did it anyway couldnt wait for a reply. Installed the 10.7.2 combo update, after it finished I ran the installer and selected OSX version and DSDT version matching my bios. Rebooted and all is well. No errors, but volume still screwy.

Also why the heck is cant I set default partition to windows? Im sure iM entering it right in the plist file but it wont take effect. This is what my partition map looks like:

Code:
#:                       TYPE NAME                    SIZE       IDENTIFIER
   0:      GUID_partition_scheme                        *320.1 GB   disk0
   1:                        EFI                         209.7 MB   disk0s1
   2:                  Apple_HFS Lion                    160.0 GB   disk0s2
   3:       Microsoft Basic Data Windows                 159.7 GB   disk0s3

And this is what it looks like in the plist file:

<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,3)</string>

Is anyone able to fill me in on the current state of dedicated (6490M) graphics with this laptop? I've read through almost all 199 pages of posts :

1) Early posts mention that nothing works if you have this card
2) Some say only Intel works if hybrid GPU is disabled within BIOS
3) Newer posts say ATI chip works with some fan control install (?)

Is anyone running the 6490 successfully at this point? I get my 4530s w/ 6490 next week and want to know what to expect/try. Thanks!

Goronok said:
Is anyone able to fill me in on the current state of dedicated (6490M) graphics with this laptop? I've read through almost all 199 pages of posts :

Is anyone running the 6490 successfully at this point? I get my 4530s w/ 6490 next week and want to know what to expect/try. Thanks!

I have HP Probook 4330s with dedicated card. Vendor says it should be 6490m, but I found out (in Windows) that it is 7470m (ppl on forums say its only redone 6490m). While installing Lion, you should have "Switchable Graphics" - disabled in Bios, set the right Bios version in installer and everything should be ok. I am running this configuration for like 3-4 months right now.

After installation, you can switch it back to "enabled", but it wont help you in Lion (you will see two cards in system info, Intel HD 3000 and PCIe Display without drivers. If you intend to use MAC OS, you should disable switching graphics (I think I have had better stability, better HDMI output and so on with turned it of). I am turning it on only for Windows when I am going to play WoW in big raids :)

EDIT: And for fan control thing - It wont let you use your dedicated card. For me it was the only way to get rid of graphical glitches (had them mainly while watching online video but now and then also around the whole screen, that app really helped).

blaraka said:
Check in BIOS. I lost my optical drive after BIOS update because it somehow got disabled in BIOS.

Yes. It was the bios. I had to reinstall Lion and then apply the installer and everything came back. Thank You

noodiq said:
Goronok said:

I have HP Probook 4330s with dedicated card. Vendor says it should be 6490m, but I found out (in Windows) that it is 7470m (ppl on forums say its only redone 6490m). While installing Lion, you should have "Switchable Graphics" - disabled in Bios, set the right Bios version in installer and everything should be ok. I am running this configuration for like 3-4 months right now.

After installation, you can switch it back to "enabled", but it wont help you in Lion (you will see two cards in system info, Intel HD 3000 and PCIe Display without drivers. If you intend to use MAC OS, you should disable switching graphics (I think I have had better stability, better HDMI output and so on with turned it of). I am turning it on only for Windows when I am going to play WoW in big raids :)

EDIT: And for fan control thing - It wont let you use your dedicated card. For me it was the only way to get rid of graphical glitches (had them mainly while watching online video but now and then also around the whole screen, that app really helped).

Thanks for the response - certainly clarifies things. Hopefully I can just keep it active once everything is up and running, so I can switch between mac & windows without having to go into the bios each time (?)

voovoo707 said:
really i dont know what can i do to install lion in my hp probook
i try many time but the same problem with me,,after fist step and restarting nothing happen and stuck at apple flag

in this picture the result ( -v )
http://imagebin.org/212899

Go into your bios and find switchable graphics and turn it off.
You cannot install or use rboot while the switchable graphics is turned on.

can you boot in using rBoot?

Hey guys, I just looked at the 10.7.4 Sandy Bridge CPU Power Management Fix thread viewtopic.php?f=169&t=60811 and it says "I know there are implementation questions that I'll answer now:

1) Do I still need to use DropSSDT?

No, if you had added it you can remove it when you use one of these SSDTs."

I just had a look in my chameleon boot.plist and it still says drop ssdt YES

Has anyone else still got this in their boot.plist?

voovoo707 said:
Dewitts said:
can you boot in using rBoot?
i didn`t try it yet but do u think that`s the solution ???
anyway i`ll try it and thanks for ur help and sorry if i disturbin you

Not the solution but if you can then you should be able to run the probook installer which may solve it

I need some help getting sleep to work.
It used to work, now when i sleep it, the computer sleeps but will never take up.
The power button turns on, and fan kicks on, but display will not work, even when on vga or hdmi.

No idea when it stopped working. I am running 10.7.3.
I re-downloaded the hp installer and ran it, but it did not fix anything.

Kinda lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back