Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
EugeneY said:
xequtor said:
blueking said:
That is what we refer to as a freeze.

is there any solution for that? I'm on 10.7.3
That's because you are using 8GB of RAM. For best performance you can use 2x2GB of RAM and will not have any graphic problems (lines, freezes etc.).

why is 4gb ram supposed to be better? i have seen this mentioned before but i havent been able to find an explanation as to why
i have got 2 x8gb in my probook 4530s (i7 with radeon) and while i experience occasional graphics glitches, mainly lines, and very rare freezes, it does not seem any better or worse than when i had 4gb in the machine

i also have a i5 mac mini which i use as a media center - there is 8gb ram in that and i have never experienced any graphics problems with that (same intel 3000 chip)

so, are the lines/glitches/freezes that we see on the probook something to do with a bad driver from apple, or amount of memory used, or incompatibility with flash, or something else...?

We don't know the reason but with 4GB of RAM or less everything is ok.

Is there a way to set the amount of ram the HD3000 takes from the system? Or is that done by the bios? Hacked Bios?

Hey guys,
Maybe you can help me - I am from Romania and the only 4530s model who have AR9285 is QJ760AV. Can I use this model with the installer and what bios version should i choose; I guess this will be different? If not what I have to choose in multibeast to make it work if its possible?
Thx in advance!

oldchey said:
Hey guys,
Maybe you can help me - I am from Romania and the only 4530s model who have AR9285 is QJ760AV. Can I use this model with the installer and what bios version should i choose; I guess this will be different? If not what I have to choose in multibeast to make it work if its possible?
Thx in advance!
Installer will work with any 4530S with i3/i5/i7 SandyBridge processor.
Wifi can be upgraded later to AR9285 for extra €15-€30 by ordering part from HP.
No need to change BIOS version just stay with factory for now.

After about 2 hours of use, my ProBook freezes, nothing works except the mouse and I have to reboot every time :(
I don't know if it's a known issue, it's very annoying

John V said:
Last night I installed the latest Flash and the few graphic glitches I had are even less to non existent.

The fan is always on... it doesn't bother me. The fan runs faster when using more apps.

The Flash install helped the same day I install it... but after booting up the next day the graphic glitches are back. Still... I'm fine with the little graphic glitches I see.

My fan "turns itself off"

My rough estimate is, if after 3 minutes temperature stays under 35°C it will go off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back