Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
How does yours stay so low? Mine is always at least 40.
I don't know. Mine goes to 28° at lower peak, usually hovering around 32 when I do nothing and all windows closed with Alt+Q
Did you check "activity monitor" for any background processes?

Has anyone used the method to get around using a usb keyboard?
I have no USB keyboard. Is there another option?

If you can't get a keyboard, then you may boot after your install with -s. Follow the two commands listed, and then type nano /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist and edit out(you will have to scroll down) :
<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

Then hit fn + o, enter, and fn + x. Then hit exit.

Copied from the FAQ, I assume we're supposed to delete the 2 strings above but I don't have those 2 strings in my plist and when I add them I still have the same problem.

Hi again, i finally got time to erase my disk and convert it to GPT, so i installed with a method that you recommended, thanks cause it was much faster and better than others i tried ;) but i have a problem, my wifi seems to work, i can create network, but i don't get the network list, and cant connect by "connect to other network" too, maybe its because i haven't launched windows yet ?

Re: New update from Apple - 10.7.3

c_arivazhagan said:
I got an auto update notification to update the Lion to version 10.7.3.

I didn't do, and waiting for your advise.

Thanks, Ari
Don't use "Automatic Updates"
If you want to update to 10.7.3 use combo version from here

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1484

Important!!!
After updating to 10.7.3 run Installer 3.2.0 before rebooting.

Dewitts said:
Has anyone used the method to get around using a usb keyboard?
I have no USB keyboard. Is there another option?

If you can't get a keyboard, then you may boot after your install with -s. Follow the two commands listed, and then type nano /System/Library/CoreServices/Setup\ Assistant.app/Contents/Info.plist and edit out(you will have to scroll down) :
<string>DeviceSection</string>
<string>KeyboardTypeSection</string>

Then hit fn + o, enter, and fn + x. Then hit exit.

Copied from the FAQ, I assume we're supposed to delete the 2 strings above but I don't have those 2 strings in my plist and when I add them I still have the same problem.
What kind of problem do you have?
This FAQ workaround is only meant to get rid off the message "No keyboard connected" when booting first time after fresh install.

It doesn't tell me I have no keyboard but the keyboard and trackpad don't work when I reach the setup screen

Dewitts said:
It doesn't tell me I have no keyboard but the keyboard and trackpad don't work when I reach the setup screen
I have these in /Extra/Extensions on my USB installation pendrive.

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext
ApplePS2Controller.kext

I don't remember if trackpad works because I use USB mouse but keyboard works for setup.
After installation I either edit as per FAQ above or if I have USB keyboard nearby I'll use it.

Adding those 2 files got it, thanks BigDonkey :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back