Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
mkingz said:
thanks for the quick reply - i appreciate it

yes I have the i5 model coming
I think you are right about the caddy .. it looks like the best solution cus I can foresee issues on the same drive

as for starting at 10.7 & taking it through the updates afterwards - that makes sense aswell but how do I actually buy the earlier version ? i'm not even running os x yet

Your welcome, well you got 3 option
(1.) The OS X thumb drive - $69.00
(2.) The OS X Lion Download - $29.99
(3.) Can't be discussed on this forum :shh:

Hello! There is a problem. After updating 10.7.2 blue screen at startup instead of the welcome screen. Tell me, how to fix the problem? a-v boot normally! And another question, when will the new installer? The author has promised to spread as soon as the update will appear. Thank you!  Sorry for bad English ...

akey said:
Hello! There is a problem. After updating 10.7.2 blue screen at startup instead of the welcome screen. Tell me, how to fix the problem? a-v boot normally! And another question, when will the new installer? The author has promised to spread as soon as the update will appear. Thank you!  Sorry for bad English ...

Try to re-install, as far as the new hp installer it's not going to happen anytime soon unless someone else makes it :!:

tegezee said:
akey said:

Try to re-install, as far as the new hp installer it's not going to happen anytime soon unless someone else makes it :!:

Thank you for your reply. I am update to 10.7.4 and The problem went away by itself ... Chameleon bootloader changed and added to the Extensions of Unibeast 1.3.0 removing unnecessary kexts, patch BigDonkey and OK!
If you just put the patch, it does not work! On the forums they write that it is necessary to update the bios to f20, but none like this do not work :(

There is a problem.
then auto restart...

Attachments

• ????035.jpg
    ????035.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 432
  • ????037.jpg
    ????037.jpg
    874.5 KB · Views: 407
Thanks for this wonderful guide ! :thumbup:

I got it to work with Dual Boot Lion 10.7.3 and Win 7 Home Premium. I have to use the chimera uncompress and terminal command with the xxxh1 file. from unibeast usb installer.

I have realtek wifi card and think of buying Atheros from HP... :banghead:

Anyway, i made a french Hp Probook Keyboard. And i would like to contribute by giving to who ever want it. :lol: Made with free Ukulele 2.2 Just drop to User/Library

Thank you !

Attachments

• Keyboard Layouts.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 88
frenchderf said:

I got it to work with Dual Boot Lion 10.7.3 and Win 7 Home Premium. I have to use the chimera uncompress and terminal command with the xxxh1 file. from unibeast usb installer.

Anyway, i made a french Hp Probook Keyboard. And i would like to contribute by giving to who ever want it. :lol: Made with free Ukulele 2.2 Just drop to User/Library

Thank you !

Merci beaucoup, manque juste le point d'exclamation et le point du clavier numérique

Willl0u said:
frenchderf said:

Thank you !

Merci beaucoup, manque juste le point d'exclamation et le point du clavier numérique

Im on mountain lion now and have got almost everything working. Anyone need help pm me:)

you saved my day with this guide... many thanks and i will be donating. i used this guide to install lion on my gateway nv77h19u i5 2430 3000 hd when i was at the boot screen i used boot flags -x -v hope this helps whoever has been struggling like me :) thanks again

Sweet!
Thanks to this thread and awesome guide I got my 4530s running with little trouble.

One odd thing I had to do: I had some problems getting the USB installer to boot (using Lion 10.7.3). I used the custom DSDT and deleted AppleIntelSNBxxx kext thanks to BigDonkey's post. I still was hanging on an error message about USB ports so in quasi-desperation I yanked the USB stick and plugged it into a different port (no reboot) and then the installer booted! The pattern for me for some reason is: boot with installer on the left side, top USB port. Then when error messages hang the boot, switch the stick to right side, bottom USB port. No idea why this works, but it works. (Booting on the right side ports gives me a KP usually.)

Another problem I had was once I had the base 10.7.3 installed and booted to the desktop, no USB ports worked, and the install stick wouldn't show up on the desktop. Attempting to yank it and replug it in any port resulted in kernel panic. I solved this by copying the HP Probook Installer to a CD and loading via the optical drive which thankfully worked OOB.

Now I'm tri-booting with two installs of OSX and Windows 7.
My simple foolproof method of dual booting with an added backup partition is:

Run the Lion installer and partition (GUID) the hard drive into 3:
Partition 1 (300GB MOSEJ) for OSX
Partition 2 (20GB MOSEJ) for OSX backup
Partition 3 (180GB DOS) for Windows 7.
Assuming 500GB. Use any sizes you prefer of course.

Install Lion onto Partition 1, run HP Probook installer.

Install Windows 7 onto Partition 3. (Reformat as NTFS first) This will overwrite Chimera and only Windows 7 will boot.

(Fix Windows time so it's not off from OSX with:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation\RealTimeIsUniversal set DWORD value to "1" )

Boot from USB stick again and install Lion onto Partition 2. Run the HP Probook installer which restores Chimera as bootloader and now it will boot all 3 partitions.

Of course, you could also just install Windows first right after using the USB installer to format the drive, but I did the above because I was gung-ho to make sure I could get OSX working first.

If you live dangerously and run without a backup of OSX, then you could also just skip running the HP Probook installer after installing OSX, install Windows, then boot OSX with the stick again and run the HP Probook installer.

Use the 20GB backup OSX partition to do any screwing around with kexts and updates. Anything that works well is safe to use on your main partition 1. If you wreck Partition 2, no sweat, fix it from partition 1 or reinstall it at your leisure. Why people STILL insist on having only one install of OSX that if it goes blooey tanks their whole system baffles me. Just use a small backup partition and you'll never have downtime or worry over updates. One could probably get away with using only 10-15GB of space for the backup, but I tend to go with 20GB so there's room for a few needed tools and apps as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back