Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw, any update on BIOS revision F.23 and CPU i5-2540M

Hi, guys.

I try to install lion on my new probook 4730s. But unfortunately I've stopped at the very beginning.

My notebook hp probook 4730s (from AIDA64):
  • CPU: Core i5-2450M, 2600 MHz (Sandy Bridge-MB)[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • MB: Intel Cougar Point HM65, Intel Sandy Bridge[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • Bios: 68SRR Ver. 23 (it was updated myself)[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • Embeded Graphic: Intel HD Graphics 3000[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • Discret Graphic: AMD Radeon HD 6490M[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • Monitor: LG Philips LP173WD1-TLD3 [17.3" LCD][/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • Sound: IDT 92HD87B1/3 (HDA)[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • Keyboard: Standard PS/2[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • TouchPad: Synaptics PS/2[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • WiFi: Atheron AR9285 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • Ethernet: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • Bluetooth: Atheron AR3011 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter[/*:m:2ahovyb2]
  • RAM:4Gb[/*:m:2ahovyb2]

First of all I updated bios to the last Ver. 23 using preinstalled OEM Windows 7.
I reset bios settings to default and disable discrete graphic card.

I bought mac os 10.7.4 using VirtualBox lion and created flash by UniBeast 1.3 using hackintosh lion where nothing works on my old probook 4720s.

Then I try to boot using this flash on new 4730s but get black screen instead of installation window. I get black screen, then gray screen with apple logo and loader, then blue blink, and then I get black screen again forever.

When I use -v I see loading process but then I see blue blink and black screen again.

1073-v.JPG

When I se -v -x I get "still waiting root device" repeating...

1073-v-x.JPG

Also I've tried combinations with GraphicsEnabler=No (whether it makes sense with disabled discret graphic or no).

Then I realise that 10.7.4 may be is not supprted by UniBeast yet, so I downloaded retail image of 10.7.3 and created flash by UniBeast again. But I still get the same problems as with 10.7.4.

I've really googled a lot in the all internet and in the tonymacx86.com particulary but didn't find any solution.

Does anybody know what can I try to pass this?

Hope you can help me by giving some advice in which direction sholud I move to find a solution.

UPD. Installation is runnig succesfully on my old 4720s with GraphicsEnabler=No but not on 4730s width disabled/enabled discrete graphics with/without GraphicsEnabler=No. So it seems that flash is ok, so the problem is in 4730s.

SOLVED
Thanks to BigDonkey this problem was solved. This works for me:
2. Delete AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from /System/Library/Extensions folder on USB drive. This choice will make installer to start in low resolution like 1024x768

Thank you!

Attachments

• 1073-v.JPG
    1073-v.JPG
    391.1 KB · Views: 335
  • 1073-v-x.JPG
    1073-v-x.JPG
    430.3 KB · Views: 319
@maxceem

First, use attached application to show all hidden files on USB drive created by Unibeast. Then you have two choices:

1. Place attached dsdt.aml in /Extra folder on USB drive. Currently, we don't have dsdt's for
F.23 BIOS revision. Hopefully F.20 dsdt for 4730S will work for you.

OR

2. Delete AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext from /System/Library/Extensions folder on USB drive. This choice will make installer to start in low resolution like 1024x768

Good luck.

Attachments

• ShowAllFiles.app.zip
    76.9 KB · Views: 120
  • F.20.4730_dsdt.aml.zip
    47.8 KB · Views: 90
@BigDonkey Thank you for reply! :)

I'll try it immediately.

@BigDonkey

First solution with dsdt seems to no work as booting process stoped at the point where black screen appered before (I waited for 3-5 minutes so maybe I'll try to wait more later).

1073_nofile.JPG

Second solution works well!!! )) Thank you! The resolution really decreased but installation started and it's really nice to see after days of zero result )

I'm too tired to continue now, as I do not expect that it will be easier later. As it seems that dsdt doesn't work for my notebook or bios version.

Attachments

• 1073_nofile.JPG
    1073_nofile.JPG
    393.6 KB · Views: 311
hi, i'm new to hackintosh stuff so please be gentle :oops:

my probook 4530s will be here on friday
i want to get everything ready to do an install this weekend

just to confirm - which version of osx lion do I need to purchase, 10.7 or latest 10.7.4?
do I need to be on snow leopard 1st or can I go straight to lion?

The laptop is brand new & will of course be with it's standard windows 7 installation

can I dual boot the sytem with both os x & win7 on a partitioned drive?

mkingz said:

just to confirm - which version of osx lion do I need to purchase, 10.7 or latest 10.7.4?

The laptop is brand new & will of course be with it's standard windows 7 installation

So you have the i5 model coming? I would buy the 10.7 because you can always upgrade and blueking hasn't came out with a new hp installer. So the latest support is 10.7.3 and you can tweak the system to boot 10.7.4. Yes you can dual, but you may want to consider to use the 2nd hdd caddy...
Here is a topic on Dual Booting...

tegezee said:
mkingz said:

So you have the i5 model coming? I would buy the 10.7 because you can always upgrade and blueking hasn't came out with a new hp installer. So the latest support is 10.7.3 and you can tweak the system to boot 10.7.4. Yes you can dual, but you may want to consider to use the 2nd hdd caddy...
Here is a topic on Dual Booting...

thanks for the quick reply - i appreciate it

yes I have the i5 model coming
I think you are right about the caddy .. it looks like the best solution cus I can foresee issues on the same drive

as for starting at 10.7 & taking it through the updates afterwards - that makes sense aswell but how do I actually buy the earlier version ? i'm not even running os x yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back