Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like some guidance on how to get the audio to work,FaceTime,and iCloud as well. I currently have 10.7.2 running,keyboard works,voodoo audio works(unable to control volume though) ,graphics are stuck at 1024x768, trackpad moves but no click. i have wireless working with an old patched kext ,webcam working(just doesn't work on photo booth),and all 3 usb ports.

My current model is an HP DV7 4180sf laptop. Specs are here

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... ex&act=url

Anyo help would be greatly appreciated

Kotek Besar said:
[quote="John V":3mdkth3o][quote="Kotek Besar":3mdkth3o]Yes I did, but no joy.

I'm thinking of booting from rboot LE again, this time running the HP Probook Installer, then installing BigDonkey's kexts, then Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions using Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab, then restarting.

Just need to finish doing something on the W7 partition then I'll try the above..

That was my next recommendation.[/quote:3mdkth3o]
That sorted it.. ;)[/quote:3mdkth3o]

Not so lucky here. I have A7K05UT#ABA. initially downloaded 10.7.4 but couldn't get it to work. Got 10.7.3 and got things working. Did have to reload once after I screwed up permissions badly. Had 10.7.3 working reasonably well. Had done all the post fixes (screen glitch, bluetooth, etc.) Had read that several folks had successfully used Big Donkey's 10.7.4 patched kext's and decided to give it a try.

Not a good choice. Can only boot from rboot-LE. And then I get a screen that has no back light. I can actually see things a little but brightness controls don't work and sleeping the screen doesn't work. I actually got the probook installer up and ran it then patched in the kexts from big donkey then repaired permissions and cache. It was hard to see things but I did it. Still no go. KP shortly after Apple grey screen starts. Like I said, boots with rboot-LE but No back lite and very hard to make anything out. Below see KP screen. If anyone had any quick or easy ideas let me know, otherwise it's back to 10.7.3

Attachments

• 2012-05-31_17-05-18_415.jpg
    2012-05-31_17-05-18_415.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 170
HandyMac said:
Not so lucky here. I have A7K05UT#ABA. initially downloaded 10.7.4 but couldn't get it to work. Got 10.7.3 and got things working. Did have to reload once after I screwed up permissions badly. Had 10.7.3 working reasonably well. Had done all the post fixes (screen glitch, bluetooth, etc.) Had read that several folks had successfully used Big Donkey's 10.7.4 patched kext's and decided to give it a try.

Not a good choice. Can only boot from rboot-LE. And then I get a screen that has no back light. I can actually see things a little but brightness controls don't work and sleeping the screen doesn't work. I actually got the probook installer up and ran it then patched in the kexts from big donkey then repaired permissions and cache. It was hard to see things but I did it. Still no go. KP shortly after Apple grey screen starts. Like I said, boots with rboot-LE but No back lite and very hard to make anything out. Below see KP screen. If anyone had any quick or easy ideas let me know, otherwise it's back to 10.7.3

Try booting from rboot-LE CD, then run the HP Probook Installer selecting all relevant options for 10.7.3 AND remove old kexts. Don't restart. Now install BigDonkey's kexts, then Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions using Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab, then restart. Worked for me.

Kotek Besar said:
HandyMac said:

Try booting from rboot-LE CD, then run the HP Probook Installer selecting all relevant options for 10.7.3 AND remove old kexts. Don't restart. Now install BigDonkey's kexts, then Rebuild Cache and Repair Permissions using Kext Wizard's Maintenance tab, then restart. Worked for me.

Thanks--I'll give it a try if I can see things :eek:

HandyMac said:
Kotek Besar said:
HandyMac said:

Thanks--I'll give it a try if I can see things :eek:

No go... I actually had done that last time when I selected all of the accessory tools on the probook installer. Just didn't realize it. I selected it alone this time along with all the relevant options for my Probook then installed big donkey kexts with kext wizard then repaired permissions and caches.
Like I said. Just get KP shortly after apple logo screen. Going to have to make another Unibeast 10.7.3

This is exactly why my Desktop hackintosh is still running 10.6.8. You don't mess with something stable. Especially when you're hackintoshing.

Hey guys, I recently got the 4530s and I decided to hackintosh it. I managed to install it and it works flawless, however I can't boot into OSX with the bootloader on my HDD, I can boot only with rBoot LE (no commands, simply Enter). Another "issue" so far is the Non-working Bluetooth, Card reader and of course the HD Cam. Can somebody help out a bro with some kexts ?

Edit: NVM Fixed it with the DSDT, works like a charm and boots flawlessly without rBoot

fristys said:
Hey guys, I recently got the 4530s and I decided to hackintosh it. I managed to install it and it works flawless, however I can't boot into OSX with the bootloader on my HDD, I can boot only with rBoot LE (no commands, simply Enter). Another "issue" so far is the Non-working Bluetooth, Card reader and of course the HD Cam. Can somebody help out a bro with some kexts ?

Edit: NVM Fixed it with the DSDT, works like a charm and boots flawlessly without rBoot

Anyone have any luck getting trackpad to work. i can scroll but cannot click

xdevillived666 said:
fristys said:

Here's how to "fix" this:
System Preferences > Trackpad > Tick on the "Clicking"
Don't really know, why it's disabled by default

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    70.8 KB · Views: 265
fristys said:
xdevillived666 said:
fristys said:

Here's how to "fix" this:
System Preferences > Trackpad > Tick on the "Clicking"
Don't really know, why it's disabled by default

thanks bud,but tried it to no avail...This stuff is frustrating

Graphics : font looks rough....

to everyone who contributed to the great works of hackintosh for Probook

thanks for the good work for hackintoshing, I am a beginner hackintosing, so very easy to install mac in my ProBook hp and very amazing. (a special thank to blueking & bigDonkey.... : )
now I can enjoy with the mac hp - ProBook.

I've been working with QE / CI, but there is a little less optimal font problems in graphics, I see the font is still rough, this also occurred when I work with photoshop, there are fonts that are not smooth.
is there still left of my installation work? Whether this is a hardware problem inherited can not be repaired, or there is still unfinished in the development inject graphics driver on hp 3000 HD proobook?.

However, I was very impressed with the good work of all who contributed here.
Thank you so much and sorry my English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back