Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Stork! After trying quite a few instructions for building my Hackintosh I have had the most success with your method listed above. It is especially good to have the sound working at last. But I do have one nagging problem with my cameras not being recognized by Lightroom or Apple Image Capture.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/154774-cameras-not-recognized.html#post967713

Do you think this can be fixed using Multibeast?

The U2713H does support 2560x1440@60Hz with HDMI, if I plug the same cable on my laptop (windows) it works fine.

hmm... I guess I'll try to install windows to dual boot and check if it 's a pb with the hackintosh or the z97N...

Edit 1 : I installed Windows 8.1 and the monitor works @ 2560x1440 with HDMI
Edit 2 : had to install intel's drivers

Which Intel drivers you mean?

Tried the install yesterday
GA Z97N WIFI
2x8GB Kingston
Didn't remove the intel WiFi/BT card yet.

Updated to 10.10.1 - had to rerun MB with the same config for it to work properly.

One thing which is bothering me a bit - before I get the login window I get ~10 seconds of this "white snow" on the screen. After that graphics works fine and haven't seen any issues on stressing the system. Tried sysdefs 14,1 and 14,2 - no luck.

Anyone had it and resolved? This would make the system pretty much smoothly working.

Good tutorial!

Very nice guide! Thank you!
I have 2 questions:
1)I have GB H87M-HD3. Now I saw than isn't in recommended list. What is the big difference with H97 series mobo?
2)3d party sata is necessary from multibeast? I Didn't enable this option when I install Mavericks.

Very nice guide! Thank you!
I have 2 questions:
1)I have GB H87M-HD3. Now I saw than isn't in recommended list. What is the big difference with H97 series mobo?
2)3d party sata is necessary from multibeast? I Didn't enable this option when I install Mavericks.
You're welcome.

1. The GA H87M-HD3 motherboard is not in the latest Buyer's Guide because the latest Guide is only listing 9-series motherboards. The GA H87M-HD3 motherboard was in the Buyers Guide for September 2014. The H/Z97N motherboards use the Haswell Refreshed 9-series chipsets and updated audio and Ethernet chipsets. For more information, I recommend using your favorite search engine (Goggle, et al) for reviews of the two motherboards.

2. The 3d Party SATA kext is automatically added with Quick Start > DSDT-Free. See page 3 of the MultiBeast for Yosemite Features document, which comes in the MultiBeast zip file, for the default kexts that DSDT-Free provides/loads.

I'm having a strange issue with my Z87n-wifi build. My computer will randomly wake (even if completely powered down) and go into some strange state where nothing can be done. It can only be solved with a force restart. Is this a multibeast setting issue, or perhaps bios? Really confused on this one. I'm asking here because nobody on the Z87n-wifi pages is answering. Plus, Stork has tons of knowledge.

If you can help, thanks in advance!

bombstyle,

Disable Wake on LAN in the BIOS and in Yosemite's Energy Saver System Preference pane.

Hey I followed your steps as it says but my screen always gets stuck on "[IOBluetoothHCIController][Start]--Completed" Everytime I would appreciate if you could show me something that could solve my problem.

Hey I followed your steps as it says but my screen always gets stuck on "[IOBluetoothHCIController][Start]--Completed" Everytime I would appreciate if you could show me something that could solve my problem.

Same thing was happening to me, I wrote about it in post #36 and the problem was using VGA instead of DVI or HDMI connection to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back