Contribute
Register

Guide for Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI Using HD4600 - Chimera/MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your multibeast settings should work for the GA-Z97 Gaming 5 as well? Minus the Network and Audio settings right?

Your multibeast settings should work for the GA-Z97 Gaming 5 as well? Minus the Network and Audio settings right?
I would think so. Just use the audio and Ethernet drivers/kexts that are required for your motherboard. Since you have a Haswell Refresh (Devil's Canyon) processor, be sure to uncheck the GenerateP/Cstates. If you want better power management, investigate creating a SSDT using PikeRAlpha's procedure (see the SSDT forum section).

Thanks a lot for the guide, everything's working fine so far *except* for the video output which I can't get to use the native resolution of my dell U2713H (2560x1440) with an HDMI cable. I can't select a resolution higher than 1080P.

Using a different monitor I can choose 1920x1200.
If I plug the monitor on a windows laptop with the same cable and also 4600 IGFX it selects 2560x1440 automatically.

Any idea on what I could do to solve this ?

I have the same issue with U2711. Looking at the Gigabyte H/Z97N user manual:
The maximum supported resolution is 4096x2160@24Hz or 2560x1600@60Hz, but the actual resolutions supported are dependent on the monitor being used.
So, I'm concluding that HDMI connection on the Dell might be limiting the display to 1080p. I also remember reading recently that, if you open the Displays System Preference pane, click Scaled while holding the either the Command or Option or Control (I can't remember which one), you'll see all the supported resolutions not just the "best or optimum".

The U2713H does support 2560x1440@60Hz with HDMI, if I plug the same cable on my laptop (windows) it works fine.

hmm... I guess I'll try to install windows to dual boot and check if it 's a pb with the hackintosh or the z97N...

Edit 1 : I installed Windows 8.1 and the monitor works @ 2560x1440 with HDMI
Edit 2 : had to install intel's drivers

Have no freezing issue yet, but this time I've used your first thread to set my Multibeast options and your older guide http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...ifi-using-hd4600-no-graphics-card-needed.html doesn't mention to uncheck Generate Cpu States. So if you could add it to this one it would be great.

Also have you tried the sleep feature with Yosemite? I don't have test it yet.
I didn't need to set the GenerateP/CStates to No in Mavericks. However, changing both to No is needed in Yosemite to prevent freezes, but only as a last resort if your memory is on the motherboard's support list and your PSU is rated Haswell "ready" or "certified" and you're still getting freezes.

Sleep/wake-up works flawlessly due to, IMO, the iMac WiFiBT 4 card and miniPCIe adapter card. But, I do lose audio after wake-up. So, I use shilohh's LoadHDA app upon wake-up to get the sound back. (BTW, this lose of audio is an Apple problem, not an problem with the drivers/kexts in MultiBeast.)

Recently build my first hackintosh mini deluxe using the list from December 2014.

(16 gig of ram, i5 4690k and 760 gtx.)

Yosemite was running fine for the first two days. Then freezes started to happen more and more frequently. I deactivated the cpu states but that did not solve the freezes. Also build in bluetooth stopped to work after two days.

Since it was my first hackintosh install I was thinking i probably made some mistakes while installing the first time. So I formatted the drive and installed it a second time, this time with deactivated cpu states since the beginning. Again it worked for like two days and then freezes started to happen again, same with bluetooth wich also stopped working for me.

Any ideas how to solve this? I really love using Yosemite but the freezes make it unusable as a productive machine.

Make sure your memory is on the motherboard's Memory Support List and your PSU is rated Haswell "ready" or "certified." Most freezes are caused by those two components not being suitable for Haswell use.

Make sure your memory is on the motherboard's Memory Support List and your PSU is rated Haswell "ready" or "certified." Most freezes are caused by those two components not being suitable for Haswell use.

Thanks for your reply

The Motherboard and RAM are both supported/compatible (at least they should, they are from the buyers guide). Also my PSU, which is a Sharon WPM600 Supports Haswell C6/C7 Low-Power states.

I tried setting "use kernel cache" to "no" in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist. This has fixed at least the freezing for a few hours. Im not really sure what the effect of this command on the system is. Can Someone explain please?

Will report back if this command solved the freezing on the longterm.

Also I am now successfully using a bluetooth dongle. Only problem is I have to un- and replug it every start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back