Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan onto Skylake mini-ITX ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming w i7-6700T (35w) GTX 760 SM951 AHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Neilhart,

Thanks for the great work you did. I am going to build a very similar system as yours(Intel6700 & GTX970)

Is the install procedure for OSX 10.11.4 the same as yo wrote in the guide or do i have to change some parameters and/or do i need some other aml oder kext files?

thanks in advance.

Ley

ps.: this is my first hackintosh, so please write it as simple as you could.

Hi,

I'm tweaking my build for the Z170I. It's being running great, but I know there was a couple steps I missed or ignored.

The first one was adding the correct SDST for the processor. I'm using a i7-6700K SSDT from the 'Final Power Savings' section here http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/178197-guide-el-capitan-skylake-h170n-wifi.html. Adding this file increases the effective turbo boost speed. I now get over 20,000 for the geek bench score. Hope this helps other get the most out of their CustoMac

The other section I was looking at tweaking was the USB setup. I have a USB3.0 that isn't being recognized as one. (it works as expected on my MacBookPro) I used the Z170 Programming .aml and then disable the ports to get it to the 15 limits

Code:
uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12

This disables the USB ports under the PS/2 style connector, I can connect a USB 3.0 HD and it seems to work as expected. But connecting the HUB only shows it as USB2.0. It's a VIA chipset.

(see http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=4d6fe3c78c16ce53a75cc7a639f4ad6een02)

Anybody else USB3.0 Hub recognizing issues?

Thx

Hi,

I'm tweaking my build for the Z170I. It's being running great, but I know there was a couple steps I missed or ignored.

The first one was adding the correct SDST for the processor. I'm using a i7-6700K SSDT from the 'Final Power Savings' section here http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/178197-guide-el-capitan-skylake-h170n-wifi.html. Adding this file increases the effective turbo boost speed. I now get over 20,000 for the geek bench score. Hope this helps other get the most out of their CustoMac

The other section I was looking at tweaking was the USB setup. I have a USB3.0 that isn't being recognized as one. (it works as expected on my MacBookPro) I used the Z170 Programming .aml and then disable the ports to get it to the 15 limits

Code:
uia_exclude=HS08;HS09;HS10;HS11;HS12

This disables the USB ports under the PS/2 style connector, I can connect a USB 3.0 HD and it seems to work as expected. But connecting the HUB only shows it as USB2.0. It's a VIA chipset.

(see http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=4d6fe3c78c16ce53a75cc7a639f4ad6een02)

Anybody else USB3.0 Hub recognizing issues?

Thx

Is that a multi-core, single-core,a combined score? I'm getting 4100 and 16100 respectively with a 6700k. Intel power gadget shows the processor going to 4.1GHz, but I feel like it should go to 4.2GHz. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

My USB 3.0 hubs are also being shown as 2.0.

Is that a multi-core, single-core,a combined score? I'm getting 4100 and 16100 respectively with a 6700k. Intel power gadget shows the processor going to 4.1GHz, but I feel like it should go to 4.2GHz. Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

My USB 3.0 hubs are also being shown as 2.0.

I'm getting result for Geekbench 32Bit tests SC 4662 MC 18008, 64Bit SC 5108 MC 20198

I'm overclocked though to 4.5GHz (110BLK)

I have USB3.0 ports working on the front and back, just not the 3.0 ext HUB :(

Did someone try to install a TP-Link TL-WDN4800 card with this mainboard? Is it even possible?

Did someone try to install a TP-Link TL-WDN4800 card with this mainboard? Is it even possible?

In that there is only the one PCIe slot you could use it for a WiFi connection but much more interesting to use it for a GPU.

Recently I upgraded the ASUS WiFi-GO module to a BCM94352Z WiFi/BT and documented it here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/191274-bcm94352z-installed-asus-z170i-pro-gaming-wifi-bt.html

This is now my recommendation for this motherboard.

Good modding,
neil

Hi Neil,

first of all thanks so much for taking the time to write up this build, it is really, really helpful. Your are a champion!

I normally look for a suitable build on this site with good instructions then just duplicate it, as I am only partially technical, and need really good instruction! So again, thanks!

Just one question, I have gotten to the state where I have loaded up El Capitan and I can boot from the USB stick. I am about to run multibeast. The first time I did this, I could not reboot, the system just hung. I am going to run multibeast again tonight. You said in the post install instructions "Please do not use MultiBeast to install FakeSMC" and basically just install UEFI boot mode, ALC1150 and clover boot loader. I noticed that in Multibeast the option to re-install the FakeSMC is greyed out and seems to be manditory to re-install with Multibeast.

Could this be causing the hanging problem? Is there a way to run Multibeast without selecting FakeSMC?

M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back