Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan onto Skylake mini-ITX ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming w i7-6700T (35w) GTX 760 SM951 AHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Audio try the ALC110 script I posted literally a page ago.

I ran the ALC110 script and get this message. Any idea what is wrong?

"
File: audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0r10
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:

Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: enabled
DTrace Restrictions: enabled
NVRAM Protections: enabled

This is an unsupported configuration, likely to break in the future and leave your machine in an unknown state.

OK to patch
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
Deleting expired sessions...none found.

[Process completed]
"

Here the result when I try run the HDMI 110 script. It says that no codec is loaded, even though I copied the SSDT-Realtek-Audio.aml into the Unibeast EFI folder on my USB stick. Why hasn't it loaded??

"
File: audio_cloverHDMI-110.command_v0.21 - BETA
Release Mode
EFI partition is mounted
Error: no IOReg/HDEF; BIOS/audio/disabled or ACPI problem
Continue without HDEF/onboard audio (y/n): y

No audio codec detected
No system files were changed
To save a Copy of this Terminal session: Terminal/Shell/Export Text As ...
logout

Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.
"

*bump*
Can anyone please comment?

FYI: I have updated my Z170I to 10.11.5 with no problems...

Glad to hear! Do I have to consider anything when upgrading? I am doing it for the first time.

You mentioned something previously:

1. modify config.plist to remove the APIC entry for Skylake
2. set nv_disable=1 since we need to update video drivers.
3. Install 10.11.4 update via App Store ( the machine will restart, hence the above steps)
4. It will boot not using nvidia drivers
5. modify config.plist to nv_disable=0
6. Install nvidia web drivers for 10.11.4 (or click check update in system preferences and it will update the drivers)
7. reboot
8. Smile

I am not sure how to do steps 1. and 2. Also, I am using the newest nvidia drivers. Why do I need to update them? Or are there new ones for each OSX update?

The update I did was from 10.11.4 to 10.11.5

The process was :-
1. Create a bootable backup drive using superDuper!
2. Update using AppStore.
3. Reboot (it will boot into video compact mode, and nvidia driver will update as there is a new one for each OSX version)

You can skip 1. but if something goes wrong, restoration is much more involved (think rebuild of OS install)

Are you running 10.11.4 or 10.11.3? The APIC entry is benign, so if you don't remove it, it will still work.

The update I did was from 10.11.4 to 10.11.5

The process was :-
1. Create a bootable backup drive using superDuper!
2. Update using AppStore.
3. Reboot (it will boot into video compact mode, and nvidia driver will update as there is a new one for each OSX version)

You can skip 1. but if something goes wrong, restoration is much more involved (think rebuild of OS install)

Are you running 10.11.4 or 10.11.3? The APIC entry is benign, so if you don't remove it, it will still work.

I am using 10.11.4. It is my first build that I got working 3 weeks ago and very happy!

Can you explain what the difference is of making a backup with superDuper to using TimeMachine? Up to now I installed OSX and then copied all the Data / programs from my Macbook Air using TM. Is superDuper a better solution?

Nope Time Machine works as well as a backup. If you have TM on the network (i.e. Time Capsule) it can be slower than doing a full restore using a USB3.0 connected drive. Also you can boot from USB 3.0 drive.

Another thing you can do with SuperDuper is mirror the drive to another internal drive and then update. If it fails you you boot from the other drive and you are back up and running almost instantly.

In your case you can boot from the Recovery Drive and then restore from TM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back