Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan onto Skylake mini-ITX ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming w i7-6700T (35w) GTX 760 SM951 AHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
In config.plist You need to set the nv_disable=1 when you do the install boot. Then once you have installed and rebooted to desktop, install the nvidia web drivers and set nv_disable=0 and nvda_drv=1 and reboot.

Audio for the Z170I Pro Gaming iTX you can get working by installing the 1150 realtek audio driver. using multibeast. You will also needed to add the SSDT-Realtek-Audio.aml to your clover EFI. i.e. EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/PATCHED directory.

As for VIII board, try looking in the Asus Maximus VIII or search for SFX audio

ie http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...-viii-gene-lga-1151-motherboard-pictures.html

Thanks for help, almost all good, only one problem I have is when booting I have to do it each time through usb stick as when I'm trying to boot straight from the ssd it's loading slower and in about 3/4 loading bar I'm getting no entry sign, don't really know why and why from usb stick is good.

1.would it be in future possibility to use wifi or better to get the cheapest one on usb?.
2.is it safe to use my iCloud and AppStore account? Can they not ban, block them or something?
3.if I get 4K screen now would it be similar to Retina display?
4.im really appreciate help from you guys as I was just about to sell my PC and get iMac ,but iMac with my PC configuration is crazy money.thanks again

Thanks for help, almost all good, only one problem I have is when booting I have to do it each time through usb stick as when I'm trying to boot straight from the ssd it's loading slower and in about 3/4 loading bar I'm getting no entry sign, don't really know why and why from usb stick is good.

1.would it be in future possibility to use wifi or better to get the cheapest one on usb?.
2.is it safe to use my iCloud and AppStore account? Can they not ban, block them or something?
3.if I get 4K screen now would it be similar to Retina display?
4.im really appreciate help from you guys as I was just about to sell my PC and get iMac ,but iMac with my PC configuration is crazy money.thanks again

You've run into the same issue* I had with SSD boot see http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...00t-35w-gtx-760-sm951-ahci-6.html#post1215764 and previous few posts

You just need to copy the EFI data from the USB Stick to the SSD EFI.

iCloud just works as expected. My computer didn't catch on fire or anything on signing in :crazy::crazy:

If you get a HDPI screen it will be the same (similar) as a Retina. I think 4K are consider HDPI screens, I don't have one, so don't know. I use a 24" HP 1920x1200 display so it has the 16:10 iMac feel. but your Mac will work with any display pretty much always

*It not really an issue, but not understanding the Multibeast process.

Omg, Efi folder, I had a big trouble with as for some reason can't see Efi partition just the other one was made with backup, any idea why?
Thanks for help once again.

Hi, Changing the boot order doesn't matter in the case, since I am manually booting from the drive that has OSX installed. The boot order only effects which one is the one that auto boots first.

I figured out how to fix the issue, it's quite simple really. (This post gave me the idea)

Boot your machine and go to Terminal.

I did the following after identify the EFI partitions for the usb stick and the ssd drive

Code:
mkdir /Volumes/efiusbstick
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/efiusbstick
mkdir /Volumes/efimacssd
sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/efimacssd

I then did a comparisons of the folders of USB EFI vs SSD EFI and could see that the files config.plist and the Clover RealTek Audio where not updated. I just copied the files over and then booted from the SSD, Bingo. All Good.

Thanks for your help :)

See my previous post (this links on this forum suck!)

diskutil list command in the terminal will list the available drives for mounting the EFI partition

ie

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
1: EFI NO NAME 536.9 MB disk0s1
2: Linux Filesystem 482.5 GB disk0s2
3: Linux Swap 17.1 GB disk0s3
/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS MacSSD 499.2 GB disk1s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk1s3

If you are not sure post what is print out and I will explain the specifc commands

Last edited:
Hi,
thanks for help, now is booting from ssd , but now I have some issues with sound, it's crackling very bad, I installed sound few time but without any luck:(

Problem is solved, when i copied EFI folder from USB to SSD also whole folder included realtek and other drivers was copied (KEXT folder) now when i deleted all folders with numbers except folder called OTHERS is working perfect now :)

Does anyone experiencing problems with sound after sleep mode??
Does anyone know how to get rid off unused boots?icons? from clover when booting, i would like to keep there windows and os only instead off another 5 or 6 options.

Does anyone experiencing problems with sound after sleep mode??
Yep, everybody, you just don't sleep your machine.

Update to 10.11.4

I have updated to 10.11.4 with my build Z170I - i6700K - GTX970 card, it was seamless. This is what I did

1. modify config.plist to remove the APIC entry for Skylake
2. set nv_disable=1 since we need to update video drivers.
3. Install 10.11.4 update via App Store ( the machine will restart, hence the above steps)
4. It will boot not using nvidia drivers
5. modify config.plist to nv_disable=0
6. Install nvidia web drivers for 10.11.4 (or click check update in system preferences and it will update the drivers)
7. reboot
8. Smile :thumbup: :mrgreen: :clap: :crazy: :headbang: ;)

i only updated via App Store , did not change anything in config list and simply just installed new nvidia drivers, all seems to be good so far.

i only updated via App Store , did not change anything in config list and simply just installed new nvidia drivers, all seems to be good so far.

Cool. :ugeek: Good to know. I was being cautious. Since I couldn't find how others had done it I wanted to avoid having a complex fix.

It seems the only extra part was I removed the Skylake Dictionary entry for the APIC from the config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back