Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan onto Skylake mini-ITX ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming w i7-6700T (35w) GTX 760 SM951 AHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're searching for "SSDT-Realtech-Audio.aml": it's been removed and not neccessary for Sierra, skip it! Just install Realtek ALC1150 and 100/200 Series Audio options in the latest MultiBeast and you're ready to go. If sound still not work after a restart, make sure you selected the appropriate output under System Preferences/Sound/Output. The green jack port is called "Internal Speaker".
If it's still not work, run this line in Terminal and restart your PC...
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

If you're searching for "SSDT-Realtech-Audio.aml": it's been removed and not neccessary for Sierra, skip it! Just install Realtek ALC1150 and 100/200 Series Audio options in the latest MultiBeast and you're ready to go. If sound still not work after a restart, make sure you selected the appropriate output under System Preferences/Sound/Output. The green jack port is called "Internal Speaker".
If it's still not work, run this line in Terminal and restart your PC...
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Just a quick note that if you multiboot to windows and have installed the Realtek audio drivers, audio will not work in macOS. You can only use the generic Microsoft drivers.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-sound-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143750/page-23#post-996004

hi everybody! i have a problem with USB 3.1 and 3.0 ports on OSX 10.12.5. I just recently installed Hackintosh and everything working fine except USB. My USB 3.1 port shows 5gb/s and USB 3.0 shows 480 mb/s. My external USB 3.0 HDD working only then i plug it in USB 3.1 port, but not working on USB 3.0 port.
Can somebody tell me what to do
Thanks!

im having similar issues. i think the current approach is to have a usb hub and turn that on after mac is fully loaded as it does not automount the drives, requires physical disconnection of usb cable.

anyone having issues with network drives? i have issues mounting samba drives at times and disconnecting them, as with pathfinder i have to quit/reopen the program for the drives to be displayed. works normally on normal macs.

so i need to buy usb 3.0 hub and everything will be all right?

what im trying to say is that if you get a usb 3.0 hub which also has an external power supply, connect that to the 3.1 port then your drives to it,you can have a simple solution. not all drives are mounted at boot so i have a power switch at the external power supply to turn on after mac boots up, i have a plugable 7 port hub.

the long term solution is to sort out the usb ports there are 3 types from 2 different manufacturers. the asmedia is working at 5gb/s (im not sure what generation it is if it should be at 10gb/s, it does not state it in the manual) while the intel front and rear are not properly, the 2.0 and 3.0 appear to be mixed up and running at 2.0 speeds which could be the reason stated in the quote below

ASMedia® USB 3.1 controller :
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (Type-A)
Intel® Z170 chipset :
6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)

it states in the manual

"Due to the design of the Intel® 100 series chipset, all USB devices connected to the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports are controlled by the xHCI controller. Some legacy USB devices must update their firmware for better compatibility. "

sound works now but i cant control the volume using optical out - i also use a Behringer uca202 USB audio card.

just need to fix the Intel USB ports.

i will have to look into usb issue but its not effecting sleep as that is working well

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-make-a-copy-of-ioreg.58368/

I'm using motu ultalite avb and its working fine because its usb 2.0 device

i read a lot about how to activate usb 3.0 ports via DSDT and all that stuff but i really can't understand all of that, its too complicated with renaming ports etc. And i can't do that, I'm hoping someone can explain how to activate all USB 3.0 ports on Asus z170i or make some sort of video how to do it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back