Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan onto Skylake mini-ITX ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming w i7-6700T (35w) GTX 760 SM951 AHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there,
great guide you have.
I followed most of your guide and download files and I had a success hackintosh on my new build! woohoo
My specs are
ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming w I7-6700, GTX970, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe.

Just a few question I have, just wondering if you can help :thumbup:
1. did you have to use the nvme kexts? have you compare the performance of the drive with/ without the kext?
2. what's your hackintosh's wake time after sleep?
3. did you install audio over HDMI? I did, but my volume icon is greyed out when it's output thru HDMI?
4. is it needed to install the SSDT of the mother board? what benefit does it do? http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-desktop-guides/179221-skylake-starter-guide.html
5. have you gotten the BT to work? (i like to use the airdrop function, which is currently disabled on my hackintosh)

really appreciate if you can help out here, I am not very techie, just following guides, and sorry for the questions

bigjimmy -

Q-1. did you have to use the nvme kexts? have you compare the performance of the drive with/ without the kext?

A-1 I do not own a nvme device, mine is AHCI so I have no experience in that area.

Q-2. what's your hackintosh's wake time after sleep?

A-2 Yes wake after sleep works (most of the time). I have seen where the audio does not work after sleep. This is no big deal as I use it as a workstation and just power off the display when I am away from the desk.

Q-3. did you install audio over HDMI? I did, but my volume icon is greyed out when it's output thru HDMI?

Edit 03/04/16 I did use the script: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/184867-new-automatic-hdmi-audio-script-released.html and now have audio over HDMI. And note the volume is controlled by the HDMI connected device.

A-3 No I do not use audio of HDMI so did not set that up. I have a JEC TC-716 6 station audio switch along with Lepai stereo amplifier that I use with three of four workstations.

Q-4. is it needed to install the SSDT of the mother board? what benefit does it do? Skylake Starter Guide

A-4 I do not know. You can easily drop it out and test to see if there is a difference on your set up.

Q-5. have you gotten the BT to work? (i like to use the airdrop function, which is currently disabled on my hackintosh)

A-5 I have had no success with the M.2 WiFi/BT module on this system. Internet rumor has it that there are 100 pieces of a sample build of modules that is compatible with OS X... If I needed BT, I would use a USB dongle for now.

Good modding,
neil

My 1st post.

I have i7-6700K Z170I Asus Pro Gaming Board with GIGABYTE GTX970 OC 1.2GHz Card. All working great (except see below)

I also have the Apple Mouse connected using the onboard Bluetooth. :) No WiFi yet, so no AirDrop (you need WiFI for AirDrop to work)

The only thing I cannot get to work is installing the boot loader to the SSD, I'm still booting from the USB Stick :(

Thanks to others for the hard work, now I can get back to writing some code :)

My 1st post.

I have i7-6700K Z170I Asus Pro Gaming Board with GIGABYTE GTX970 OC 1.2GHz Card. All working great (except see below)

I also have the Apple Mouse connected using the onboard Bluetooth. :) No WiFi yet, so no AirDrop (you need WiFI for AirDrop to work)

The only thing I cannot get to work is installing the boot loader to the SSD, I'm still booting from the USB Stick :(

Thanks to others for the hard work, now I can get back to writing some code :)

It is not clear if you are asking for help installing Clover to your SSD.

Good modding,
neil

Hello neilhart/Community,

at first "many thanks for this great discription"

I'd bought the ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming and followed all your steps.
(ASUS NVIDIA GTX STRIX 980Ti / Intel 6700k 4x4.0 GHz)

The problem i have: I can't install OS X El Capitan. If i want to boot from USB via Unibeast Menu, every time at the half of the installation it gives me the apple "prohibitory symbol" and can't find a device. :banghead: Also in safe mode.

I also tried to turn of all USB 3 slots and boot from one of the USB 2 slots under the PS2 device. same problem.

Hope someone can help me out. :thumbup:

Greetings,
Felix

Hello neilhart/Community,

at first "many thanks for this great discription"

I'd bought the ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming and followed all your steps.
(ASUS NVIDIA GTX STRIX 980Ti / Intel 6700k 4x4.0 GHz)

The problem i have: I can't install OS X El Capitan. If i want to boot from USB via Unibeast Menu, every time at the half of the installation it gives me the apple "prohibitory symbol" and can't find a device. :banghead: Also in safe mode.

I also tried to turn of all USB 3 slots and boot from one of the USB 2 slots under the PS2 device. same problem.

Hope someone can help me out. :thumbup:

Greetings,
Felix

Well I would suggest that you remove the GPU and install without it. Once you are installed and booting without the USB installer, you can go through the process of installing a Maxwell GPU.

Good modding,
neil

Well I would suggest that you remove the GPU and install without it. Once you are installed and booting without the USB installer, you can go through the process of installing a Maxwell GPU.

Good modding,
neil

Thanks for this quikly respose :angel: i will try that GPU thing.

SUB QUESTION 1: Can you tell me wich "USBInjectAll.kext" you used, there are two folders, i used the .kext from the Debug folder, not the .kext from the Release folder.

SUB QUESTION 2: Wich USB Port do you used to boot from USB? I used one of the two under the PS2.

Many thanks,
Felix

Thanks for this quikly respose :angel: i will try that GPU thing.

SUB QUESTION 1: Can you tell me wich "USBInjectAll.kext" you used, there are two folders, i used the .kext from the Debug folder, not the .kext from the Release folder.

SUB QUESTION 2: Wich USB Port do you used to boot from USB? I used one of the two under the PS2.

Many thanks,
Felix

I used the one from the released folder and also used the USB port below the PS2 port for my installation(s).

Good modding,
neil

It is not clear if you are asking for help installing Clover to your SSD.

Good modding,
neil
Sorry, if you have any advice on how to install the Clover boot loader to the SSD, that would be awesome. I used MultiBeast and selected the UEFI option from the bootloader section, but when it boots it show the 'no entry' symbol on boot.

If i boot from the USB stick it all works as expected. I have Nvidia Web Drivers installed and booting with my GTX970 OC card.

I used the one from the released folder and also used the USB port below the PS2 port for my installation(s).

Good modding,
neil

Thank you. So i finally was able to install El Capitan on my Hackintosh.

Sadly, after install Multibeast Driver, eject boot-USB and doing the restart, the boot from the Macintosh SSD Partition failed again. I can't enter the MAC OS a second time :confused: again the apple turn to the prohibitory symbol. What i am doing wrong ... :/

Info: NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti is already removed.

Any idea?

Felix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back