Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan onto Skylake mini-ITX ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming w i7-6700T (35w) GTX 760 SM951 AHCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi neil

thank you for your replies, I've tried a few thing as you suggested, thought I share my result
Q1. regarding NVMe driver, I removed it from the patched folder, and I couldn't boot into my OSX, could only do so with my USB, and I did tried to benchmark and found that it is faster with NVMe driver.
Q3. thanks for the info, but even after updating the file, my volume icon is still greyed out (i assume it's due to the support of audio over hdmi on my graphic card (Asus Strix GTX970)
Q4. after I couldn't boot into my OSX, I am hesitant to tried this :(,

thanks again for your great tutorial and your help

Greyed out volume over HDMI is not a problem, that is how it works.

Good modding,
neil

I finally fixed the boot problem, during the same like maninvan. Thanks for that

:D

Now i only have to do the post installation for the 980 ti, hope i get done it soon. I'm happy if there is any specific guide to have for the Z170i.

Many thanks,
Felix

Awesome, glad to be of help.

I have the 970 and just installed the 11.11.3 'web drivers' from Nvidia and set the nvda_drv=1 and reboot.

I still have the sleep issue with the Audio, i.e. it works until the system sleeps and then it doesn't. I am using an USB audio headset, so not too much of a bother, other than I just niggles me it doesn't work.

Any tips on the audio appreciated. (I have the Realtek driver aml for the 1150 as listed installed)

hello I have an assembled pc with asus z170i and i5-6600k @ 3.50ghz CPU. I have an SSD Intel 160 gb and no externel GPU. I followed all the steps from your guide but I am still stuck at kernel panic "Unable to find driver for this platform: `"ACPI`".\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665"
I am not able to go on. Any suggestions please?

hello I have an assembled pc with asus z170i and i5-6600k @ 3.50ghz CPU. I have an SSD Intel 160 gb and no externel GPU. I followed all the steps from your guide but I am still stuck at kernel panic "Unable to find driver for this platform: `"ACPI`".\n"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3247.1.106/iokit/Kernel/IOPlatformExpert.cpp:1665"
I am not able to go on. Any suggestions please?

Please try using the config.plist from post # 40. Note that the on board graphics are not acceptable and I advise using an GPU card (I am running with a MSI GTX 760 ITX which can be had used. I have also run this system with a 9600 GT.).

Good modding,
neil

Please try using the config.plist from post # 40. Note that the on board graphics are not acceptable and I advise using an GPU card (I am running with a MSI GTX 760 ITX which can be had used. I have also run this system with a 9600 GT.).

Good modding,
neil

thank you for your reply. unfortunately O got this following message this time "service exited with abnormal code 255". Here is a picture of my monitor. Any chance to solve it?

Bad Image Link

thank you for your reply. unfortunately O got this following message this time "service exited with abnormal code 255". Here is a picture of my monitor. Any chance to solve it?

Foto 09-03-16, 20 42 35.jpg

View attachment 180460

Please confirm that you have made up your UniBeast USB installer per post # 1 and have moved a copy of the config.plist into the EFI/Clover folder on that installer. Also please confirm that the EFI folder mirrors the EFI image in post #1.

If this is the case and you still can not install OS X, I suggest that you open a new thread in the "El Capitan Desktop Support" forum.

Good modding,
neil

Hi,

First of all thanks for the great guide. I am running in to some issues here.

When I select the USB Boot, the Apple logo appears and the loading bar starts to load, somewhere around 75% I get the prohibited sign.

I tried to switch the USB ports but the same error occurs.

Any idea how to fix this?

My hardware is:

Asus Z170I Pro Gaming
Corsair CS650M
Intel Core i7 6700K
Corsair Hydro Series H55
Kingston HyperX Fury 16 GB DIMM DDR4-2666
Samsung 850 EVO SSD M.2 120 GB
Cooler Master Elite 130
Asus STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5

I use a Sandisk thumb drive 64gb

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Hi,

First of all thanks for the great guide. I am running in to some issues here.

When I select the USB Boot, the Apple logo appears and the loading bar starts to load, somewhere around 75% I get the prohibited sign.

I tried to switch the USB ports but the same error occurs.

Any idea how to fix this?

My hardware is:

Asus Z170I Pro Gaming
Corsair CS650M
Intel Core i7 6700K
Corsair Hydro Series H55
Kingston HyperX Fury 16 GB DIMM DDR4-2666
Samsung 850 EVO SSD M.2 120 GB
Cooler Master Elite 130
Asus STRIX-GTX960-DC2OC-4GD5

I use a Sandisk thumb drive 64gb

Help would be appreciated!

Thanks

You should boot using the verbose mode (see boot options) and post a readable photo of the entire screen when it hangs.

Also you can try to boot in the safe mode.

And with the GTX 960 you need to boot with the "nv_disable=1" boot flag until post installation of the Nvidia web drivers.

Good modding,
neil

Hi Neil,

thanks for the fast reply.

Let me do that right now.

I'll keep you posted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back