Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO you have the antenna screwed in? It wont work without it
Hey Lex,
Yes I do have the antenna screwed in, but I'm not sure is it working overall (since its a firs time I've assembled this pc)
I'll try to setup windows not to test the Bleutooth there, if it works then the problem in the drivers.

Did you do something special to fix it?

Thanks

DO you have the antenna screwed in? It wont work without it
I had to buy the Broadcom that is in the guide to make it work. After that I installed rehabs kexts and everything is up to normal.

I had to buy the Broadcom that is in the guide to make it work. After that I installed rehabs kexts and everything is up to normal.
I have the Bluetooth the same bluetooth chip as in the guide: BCM94352Z
I've installed windows and tested bluetooth there. It works, so it's something to do with the drivers I believe.

So the bluetooth is active in the OS, it searches for the devises, but it does not 'see' anything.
Antenna is connected.

Attaching screenshots of my system info:

Would be greatful for any troubleshooting direction.

Thanks
15554824_10208411827275057_2038427502_n.png
15592275_10208411827235056_73473369_n.png

I have the Bluetooth the same bluetooth chip as in the guide: BCM94352Z
I've installed windows and tested bluetooth there. It works, so it's something to do with the drivers I believe.

So the bluetooth is active in the OS, it searches for the devises, but it does not 'see' anything.
Antenna is connected.

Attaching screenshots of my system info:

Would be greatful for any troubleshooting direction.

Thanks
View attachment 225383 View attachment 225385
Did you install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext?

Hi, I re-install El Capitan because something was wrong. Now, only wifi is ok, no bluetooth. I did try following the guide, I did try following you suggest, but nothing changes. OS X don't recognize bluetooth module.
The first time I installed OS X El Capitan I did choose "iMac 17" definition and the bluetooth worked well like wifi.
Now I have 14,2 definition. Is maybe that?

First, I would like to thank Ammulder for this extensive and detailed guide.

I have read it countless times, but I finally decided to ask for help. I searched this thread and other ones too, but I finally realized that I am not able to find a solution by myself.

This is not my first hackintosh, I have built two other ones previously, but this time I can't even find what is wrong.

I tried to install El Capitan following Ammulder's guide. Booting in verbose mode it shows:

"OsxApitoFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi"
"Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no"
"++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

And it reboots.

I tried with GTX970, with nv_disable=1, with HD530, with Sandisk SSD, with Kingston SSD, with 32GB DDR4, with 16GB DDR4, SMBIOS MacPro3,1, SMBIOS iMAC17,1, kext-dev-mode=1, dart=0, with El Capitan Unibeast USB, with El Capitan distro.

I have spent days already, but it seems no matter what I do, it always reboots after the plus signs.

Windows 10 is now installed in this PC, working flawlessly, so I'm assuming I don't have any faulty hardware.

Can you guys please help me?

This is my setup:
  • H170N WIFI (rev 1.0)
  • BIOS F4
  • Core i5-6600
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x 16 GB DDR4-2133
  • Integrated HD530 graphics or GeForce GTX 970
  • Sandisk or Kingston 120GB SSD
  • Stock Intel wireless card

successfully made a clean install of sierra basically following the guide provided by the op for el capitan.

updated via app store, now on 10.12.2 and everything works: hdmi sound, sleep, shutdown.

it is really a mistery why el capitan wouldn't install at all, but whatever, its ok now.

Hi, I re-install El Capitan because something was wrong. Now, only wifi is ok, no bluetooth. I did try following the guide, I did try following you suggest, but nothing changes. OS X don't recognize bluetooth module.
The first time I installed OS X El Capitan I did choose "iMac 17" definition and the bluetooth worked well like wifi.
Now I have 14,2 definition. Is maybe that?
Try updating to Sierra. I made a clean install of Sierra and everything started working fine. Also where did you installed the Kexts?

When I installed the wifi and Bluetooth kexts not only I put them in the EFI/Clover/Kexts I also used KEXTBEAST and installed them in the /Library/Extensions

Last edited:
"OsxApitoFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi"
"Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no"
"++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

And it reboots.

This is my setup:
  • H170N WIFI (rev 1.0)
  • BIOS F4
  • Core i5-6600
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x 16 GB DDR4-2133
  • Integrated HD530 graphics or GeForce GTX 970
  • Sandisk or Kingston 120GB SSD
  • Stock Intel wireless card

hi,

I am not an expert but I think I have seen this before.
You can try two things :
1. Remove the Intel wireless card, it's not fully supported anyway.
2. In Clover Configurator under Install Driver (the last item on the left side bar)
- make sure it selects OsxAptioFix2Drv (instead of OsxAptioFixDrv)
- on my setup, the VBoxHfs is also selected, but nothing else

Let me know how it goes, good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back