Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I cannot run the EVGA 740 SC. Downloaded the Nvidia Web Drivers and still doesn't detect my video card. Any help please.

Gigabyte H170N-Wifi
G.Skill 16Gb
Intel i5 6500

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to get HDMI audio working on the HD530 in this board?

I'm also having issues with the standard audio disappearing after wake from sleep. Have tried some darwake options (0,8,10,no) and these all prevent sleep working entirely on my build.

Finally I got it to work. The only thing I see is that the ECC on the Nvida says its not supported. Also, the bluetooth is not detecting any of my devices. Is it normal?

WiFi and Bluetooth not working. Need help.

First, I would like to thank Ammulder for this extensive and detailed guide.

I have read it countless times, but I finally decided to ask for help. I searched this thread and other ones too, but I finally realized that I am not able to find a solution by myself.

This is not my first hackintosh, I have built two other ones previously, but this time I can't even find what is wrong.

I tried to install El Capitan following Ammulder's guide. Booting in verbose mode it shows:

"OsxApitoFixDrv: Starting overrides for System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi"
"Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no"
"++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"

And it reboots.

I tried with GTX970, with nv_disable=1, with HD530, with Sandisk SSD, with Kingston SSD, with 32GB DDR4, with 16GB DDR4, SMBIOS MacPro3,1, SMBIOS iMAC17,1, kext-dev-mode=1, dart=0, with El Capitan Unibeast USB, with El Capitan distro.

I have spent days already, but it seems no matter what I do, it always reboots after the plus signs.

Windows 10 is now installed in this PC, working flawlessly, so I'm assuming I don't have any faulty hardware.

Can you guys please help me?

This is my setup:
  • H170N WIFI (rev 1.0)
  • BIOS F4
  • Core i5-6600
  • G.Skill Ripjaws V 2x 16 GB DDR4-2133
  • Integrated HD530 graphics or GeForce GTX 970
  • Sandisk or Kingston 120GB SSD
  • Stock Intel wireless card

You can use this motherboard BCM943602BAED (Dell DW1830)?
Or better use of dw1560?

I got the bluetooth working but can't figure out the wifi.

Hey robcerati,

How did you manage to make bluetooth working?

I have the same issue, bluetooth device is active in the setting, but does not 'see' any other devices.

Thanks

DO you have the antenna screwed in? It wont work without it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back