Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This worked great with for my sierra audio fix. Could not get through the toleda process at all. Thanks.

One thing, I added the “sudo pmset -a standby 0 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0” change in Terminal and now my computer won't shut down. Just restarts. How do I reverse this? Thanks.

i5 6400 Gig Z170N-WIFI 16 gig RAM
Nvidia GTX 670

Last edited:
This worked great with for my sierra audio fix. Could not get through the toleda process at all. Thanks.

One thing, I added the “sudo pmset -a standby 1 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 1” change in Terminal and now my computer won't shut down. Just restarts. How do I reverse this? Thanks.

i5 6400 Gig Z170N-WIFI 16 gig RAM
Nvidia GTX 670

“sudo pmset -a standby 1 && sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 1

Change 0 to a 1

Hello,
first, I am new here, and sorry for my bad English.

This is my second mackintosh but it it the first that I have builded with help from someone. Today I tested my DSDT-s for my cpu. I have generated it myself, however the DSDT for the mob I got from you, ammulder

So my question is that regarding cpu frequency and stuff are the results correct on the screenshots? I have one without mono and cpu .aml, and one with them. Also it is not clear to me if I should use a DSDT for the mobo. I read somewhere that newer mobos fomgigabyte do not need a DSDT. Is this correct?

First screenshot is with DSDT second withoult.

Thanks a lot

--
config
GA H170N-wifi
i7-6700
16 GB 2132 MHz DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2047 MB
El Sierra

Attachments

• wot bliz with dsdt.png
    wot bliz with dsdt.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 165
  • wot blitz withoult dsdt.png
    wot blitz withoult dsdt.png
    63.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Hello,
first, I am new here, and sorry for my bad English.

This is my second mackintosh but it it the first that I have builded with help from someone. Today I tested my DSDT-s for my cpu. I have generated it myself, however the DSDT for the mob I got from you, ammulder

So my question is that regarding cpu frequency and stuff are the results correct on the screenshots? I have one without mono and cpu .aml, and one with them. Also it is not clear to me if I should use a DSDT for the mobo. I read somewhere that newer mobos fomgigabyte do not need a DSDT. Is this correct?

First screenshot is with DSDT second withoult.

Thanks a lot

--
config
GA H170N-wifi
i7-6700
16 GB 2132 MHz DDR4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950 2047 MB
El Sierra

Well IMHO you do not need DSDT and related files. I like to have speed stepping active where the CPU is running at lower freq's when idle and responds to offered loads as seen in this screen. The time that Geekbench was running, the CPU was running at 4 GHz.

cpu.jpg

Good modding,
neil

Thanks a lot! perfect guide ! i built the same one but with OS Sierra !!!!! everything works fine!

I have Bluetooth but no wifi anyone can help me out please. I am using a ga-z170n-wifi with a BCM94352Z wifi/Bluetooth card. Replaced the stick card for the BCM94352Z. Thank you.

Have anyone tried to install El Capitan to a Samsung 950 Pro m.2 drive ?
I have build a nice Hackintosh with a H170-Wifi, Crucial Ballistix 16gb, I7 6700 and a Samsung 850 Pro, but i want to do this with a much faster SSD, like 950 Pro.

Any help, please.

I have the opposite problem than Ricketki's. I have wi-fi but no bluetooth from my BCM94352Z card. If I plug in a USB bluetooth it is recognized and works but the built in card doesn't. I thought the bluetooth was supposed to work out of the box?

Fixed- re-downloaded the RehabMan Broadcom fix and put all 6 files on the desktop instead of just the two files mentioned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back