Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am FINALLY getting my new build here monday/tuesday next week. I will have a GTX 1080 and a 6700k in my build using the Z170 model of this motherboard. It seems like most people have been able to go through this build using the Z170 WIFI model just fine, but with the GTX 1080, I am a little worried.
Should I leave GPU unplugged while using macOS X? Or would it be ok to plug it in have two HDMI cables plugged into the computer, so that one would be plugged in to the GTX 1080 and the other would be plugged into the motherboard its self.

Ultimately, if I am using macOS X with a GTX 1080, what steps do I need to do to hopefully avoid errors? I plan on dual booting the computer with TWO separate drives, so that macOS X is on one SSD and Windows is on another SSD. Is there any guide on how to do this safely?

Error while installing.
macOS could not be installed on your computer. I am using your steps but I am installing Sierra. The same steps and files should work for sierra correct?

Last edited:
I built this little Hackintosh a couple of days ago, and its all gone remarkably well.
It's the first time i've ever built a computer, and managed to get everything, including iMessage and FaceTime working.

The only issue that I have is the loss of audio after sleeping. Even if i disable to computer sleeping, even the screen sleep function completely messes up the audio. I've tried installing the Rehabman's Codeccommander kexts, going back to several older versions, but nothing seems to work. has any one half, and got around this problem so far. My build is identical to the SnazzyLab build, other than my use of the the wifi-bluetooth that came with the motherboard, rather than switching to the broadcom one.

Did you try darkwake=8 in clover configurator (boot section)? Worked like a charm on my build...

installed successfully, but it does not boot if system start without display connected. did i miss something?

i see that hdmi audio is easily get working if we enable 'useintelHDMI' in clover devices settings. at the other hand - i can not make display hotplug working. it is only detected if i connect display when machine starts and no more then one display. is there a workaround for that?

i see that hdmi audio is easily get working if we enable 'useintelHDMI' in clover devices settings. at the other hand - i can not make display hotplug working. it is only detected if i connect display when machine starts and no more then one display. is there a workaround for that?
I found the solution for the dual monitor by wildwillow
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ing-as-of-10-11-4.188891/page-15#post-1253891

Also see this post:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

Basically need to remove AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy from the clover config. Hope it helps.

Thanks tonymacx86 :D

Can this build support an optical drive reader/burner? Since OS X (I think) doesn't support optical anymore, maybe not?

using AGDPfix helped.
i didn't bothered with other fixes for now. now i get everything working except silly i211 ethernet... nice h170 board.

sadly if i use same setup for sierra - graphics start glitching even if you control it remotely.
offered fixes for such issue help a little, but it is still there.

anyway le capitan works fine.

Can this build support an optical drive reader/burner? Since OS X (I think) doesn't support optical anymore, maybe not?

YOu should be able to run an external usb drive. Have not heard anything about internal drives working. I believe it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back