Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am desperately waiting for a Speep/Wake Solution for HD530. It is to annoying. Is there any work around to manually wake up the IGP using some programs?. Unfortunately I am using Streacom - F1C Evo case and it doesn't have any space to put a Graphics card. any solution/work around is highly appreciated.

There are no sleep solutions for the HD530 and this machine. You will get sleep if you have an Nvidia card. Either via disabling bluetooth wake for sleep or a dsdt patch.

I had success with this build yesterday. At first I ran into an issue where it would not install when connected via DVI. It would get about 50-75% through loading and then a black screen. So, I connected it to HDMI and it worked. After installation, I tried it again with the DVI and it did not work.

I finally got it working with DVI by adding the following code to the KextstoPatch section of the config file

Code:
<dict>                
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays</string>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>
    AQMDAw==
    </data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>
    AQMEAw==
    </data>
</dict>

Hey, guys !
[Successfully]

Gigabyte z170n-wifi
Intel core i5-6600k
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (16GB)
Corsair 550w
Samsung 850 EVO 120гб
Seagate Barracuda 1TB
Gigabyte GTX 750 without Ti
OS X 10.11.5
Logic Pro X [OK!]
Mixing :)

I use OSX for a month without fails
However, extraction usb connector computer is turn on
Why ????

Michelle, could you explain how you solved the Sleep problem with that IntelMausiEthernet?

Here is the link for IntelMausiEthernet.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/intelmausiethernet.306/

So I installed IntelMausiEthernet instead of the AppleIntelE1000e.

Select Drivers and then Network then Intel then IntelMausiEthernet (while the latest AppleIntelE1000e driver also works for this Ethernet chip, it breaks sleep/wake in some configurations so the Mausi driver is preferred)

Hi, I've just install the new wifi chip that is counsel by ammulder .. and all worked perfectly until today :"wifi no hardware install" ( or something like this since my system is not in english ).

Any solution ?

[The only thing I've done ( I mean the only thing that could break something ) is that I use onyx ]

[EDIT: Okay, really I don't know what to say.. I opened my case.. I touched the wifi card ( saying me ok, she is just here and no problem ) .. I close the case.. I boot my hackintosh.. And It is working again.. ]

Last edited:
Awesome guide and resources!

Thanks so very much for putting this together so cleanly and completely.

One question as a follow-up:

Can you use this guide to install directly to an NVME M.2 drive that is installed directly on the motherboard? I ask because when I try the Samsung drive appears in the BIOS but does not appear as a drive under the Clover booted install. When I boot, select the language and go to disk utility only the USB stick is visible. Also, when I look under the system info it states that no NVME drives are present.

Any and all suggestions are greatly welcomed. I thank you in advance!

Awesome guide and resources!

Thanks so very much for putting this together so cleanly and completely.

One question as a follow-up:

Can you use this guide to install directly to an NVME M.2 drive that is installed directly on the motherboard? I ask because when I try the Samsung drive appears in the BIOS but does not appear as a drive under the Clover booted install. When I boot, select the language and go to disk utility only the USB stick is visible. Also, when I look under the system info it states that no NVME drives are present.

Any and all suggestions are greatly welcomed. I thank you in advance!

Did you do this?

• Select Utilities / Disk Utility... from the menu bar.

• Select the drive on the left where you want to install El Capitan

• Hit Erase

• From the dialog that pops up, put in whatever Name you want for the disk, select the Format OS X Extended (Journaled), and the Scheme GUID Partition Map

• Hit Erase

• When the erase finishes, hit Done then Quit Disk Utility from the menu

Thanks for this amazing guide!Succesfully installed in a Gigabyte GA-H170 D3HP.Testing fase anyway all seems ok.I have only a little problem with the first right click after the OS boot,i see the menù after 10/12 seconds.

i3 6100
ga-h170 d3hp
8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133
ssd Kingston HyperX Fury.

Next step is to make work the x-fi platinum and the EVGA GTX960.

Thanks!

And with this you solved the problem with Sleep / wake up (graphic signal to monitor)?

But I don't have the Nvidia card. From my times using my computer, I haven't had issues with Sleep/wake up. However I am running into a problem of my HDMI not displaying anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back