Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, don't hijack this Guide, start a thread of your own in El Capitan Desktop Support.
Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops (in your new thread).

Also see :
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/big-list-of-solutions-for-el-capitan-install-problems.173991/
Apologies - I didn't realise my post would be deemed a hijack as I was specifically following the guide for this motherboard to create my system, so I thought it was the correct place to post when I had problems following the guide. :oops:

Thanks for your advice - I will repost in the El Capitan Desktop Support as requested. :)

I repeat my question:
Is anybody solved the Sleep problem? :(

my top HDMI port works (haven't tried the bottom one) and my DVI port works but no matter what sequence of hooking them up, shutting down, etc, I can NOT get two monitors to function at once.

If I boot into the OS with the HDMI connection on one monitor and then plug in the DVI connection, the screen flickers like it's thinking about it and then the DVI monitor just says no DVI signal.

If I power off and hook up the DVI connector and unplug the HDMI, the DVI monitor works perfectly and the HDMI monitor acts like there is no signal if I plug it's cable in.

If I boot with both connected, I can get the bios/post on both screens at once but once it's past the clover boot menu it glitches out and there's this pale blue screen with sort of a ghostly image of the top bar of OSX but nothing on the rest of the screen. I can click the mouse/hit keys and hear the OS making the "you can't do that" sound but nothing responds on the screen.

I've about given up but figured I would ask for help here.

I clicked the intel 530 graphics in multibeast and it shows up properly with 3D accelerated graphics when I run Cinebench but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get two monitors going at once.

The only solution I've come up with is to use a USB to HDMI adapter to send a signal to my non-primary screen and the reason for that is due to it not displaying a smooth 60hz signal. It's got some sort of weird janky 40~50hz thing going that seems really "off" and not that great. I tried a plugable brand USB 3.0 adapter but it would work for about 5 minutes and then the screen would just lock up unless I unplugged and plugged it back in.

I emailed back and forth with the company a bit and they basically said that at some point, OSX started doing some weird stuff with their display tech that made USB display pretty hard to nail down the way it can be handled on a Windows OS so right now, I'm just dealing with the awful usb 2.0 display but seriously just considering grabbing an el gato thunderbolt dock and using my mid 2015 MBPr as my main office device and taking it home every night. I take it with me to the office every day anyways so it wouldn't be an extra burden.

It's just frustrating given the time/effort/money I put into the hackintosh to come THIS far only to have something seemingly so trivial kill the experience for me.

Hello! Thank you for replying to my message, but I think I worded my post incorrectly. I'm not trying to dual screen, I was trying my Hackintosh on multiple different monitors. My Hackintosh had worked previously with the HDMI ports, but suddenly when I plug in the HDMI my monitor has a black screen. I know my monitor works with both VGA and HDMI, since I've tried it with my other computers. So it isn't my cable or monitor.

My Hackintosh can only use it's DVI/VGA port (I used my working VGA to DVI cable). I'm confused because my Hackintosh was working perviously on the HDMI ports.

I am also frustrated, but hopefully we will find a better solution to our Hackintosh.

Edit: Actually I uninstalled AppleIntelE1000e and AppleIGB. And installed IntelMausiEthernet instead. This helped me with my power on and off, sleep.

:D one less problem! Yay! Hope this helps anyone else.
Michelle, could you explain how you solved the Sleep problem with that IntelMausiEthernet?

I put a GTX 760 in my machine today and I'm getting this weird garbled up looking wallpaper behind the perfectly rendered login info on the screen.

I rebuilt the OS from scratch and made sure to use the nvidia plist template posted in OP. I also have the latest nvidia webdrivers installed and can select to use the nvidia drivers when in OSX.

3d acceleration works great, I have 3 monitors all working just fine but it's just this one glitch that's driving me up the wall.

I still have inject intel video drivers checked in my clover configurator. It was like that from the OP's nvidia Plist file so I left it alone.

Will unchecking that break the OS or will it fix this problem? If it won't fix it, does anyone know what will?

Edit: It's not doing it any more. Any idea what was causing it though?

3jVr1sMh.jpg

Last edited:
hey there.
went through the installation guide (perfect-thank you)
but when putting the system to sleep it seems that the system in sleep but the actual computer still works.
fan turning and light on motherboard is on.
any result for this?
thank you in advance
I'm using the 170-n wifi with I7 6700k

hey there.
went through the installation guide (perfect-thank you)
but when putting the system to sleep it seems that the system in sleep but the actual computer still works.
fan turning and light on motherboard is on.
any result for this?
thank you in advance
I'm using the 170-n wifi with I7 6700k

I disabled system sleep in the energy settings menu. I think that there is a fix for it at this point but it's easier for me to just have the monitors turn off rather than the whole system.

There are no sleep solutions for the HD530 and this machine. You will get sleep if you have an Nvidia card. Either via disabling bluetooth wake for sleep or a dsdt patch.

I am desperately waiting for a Speep/Wake Solution for HD530. It is to annoying. Is there any work around to manually wake up the IGP using some programs?. Unfortunately I am using Streacom - F1C Evo case and it doesn't have any space to put a Graphics card. any solution/work around is highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back