Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you have to follow MacMerlin's way if you have the same issue. The BOOT is a folder, and its in the EFI.
Ok, I already deleted all the entries. Then I input the code in the Shell of MacMerlin's post and nothing. It says: can not open file

Did you got something like this? Check this image:
9AQ57IH.jpg

I replaced the code from:
"bcfg boot add 05 FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot"

with my Disk name's (it's 'SSD'):
"bcfg boot add 01 SSD:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot"

WHat can I do now? :crazy:

I wouldn't mess with the EFI entries, if you have a few extra that don't work then just leave them.

The shutdown fix checkbox in clover only fixes the issue where when you pick shutdown it will shut off and then restart a few seconds later.

Hi!
Just built a new ga-z170n-wifi/6600k hackintosh with this guide and I have to thank ammulder for the great job!
Everything seems to be working very well, really happy with the machine!
My only problems are :
- there's still a slight glitch on the apple logo during the boot, even if I added a kext patch I found on the forum, which improved the situation but didn't totally fix it
- more anoying... The login screen vanishes for a second after the boot. Check this video out : https://vid.me/oAde
I installed 10.11.5 directly, and my z170n-wifi's firmware is the latest one (f7)

Has anyone here ever encountered the same problem? Many thanks in advance for your help!!

Hi!
Just built a new ga-z170n-wifi/6600k hackintosh with this guide and I have to thank ammulder for the great job!
Everything seems to be working very well, really happy with the machine!
My only problems are :
- there's still a slight glitch on the apple logo during the boot, even if I added a kext patch I found on the forum, which improved the situation but didn't totally fix it
- more anoying... The login screen vanishes for a second after the boot. Check this video out : https://vid.me/oAde
I installed 10.11.5 directly, and my z170n-wifi's firmware is the latest one (f7)

Has anyone here ever encountered the same problem? Many thanks in advance for your help!!

You have working bluetooth?

I have gigabyte z170n-wifi
Bluetooth there, but nothing find... How fix ?
Buy keyboard jet • a , because need Bluetooth.

hello,
i have a question about instruction number 7:

• Copy the config.plist you downloaded over the default one at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

it says to use a config.plist, but where do we get it from?
i can't find it from instruction 1 to instruction 6?

hello,
i have a question about instruction number 7:

• Copy the config.plist you downloaded over the default one at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist

it says to use a config.plist, but where do we get it from?
i can't find it from instruction 1 to instruction 6?
Ammulder provides two files on page 1, one for the integrated graphics, another one for nvidia cards. Pick-up the one that's appropriate for you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back