Contribute
Register

[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone running a 21:9 widescreen monitor with his build? Is is possible to power a 3440x1440@60hz monitor with the integrated Intel HD530 graphics on the H170N-WIFI mobo? Thanks!

Ammulder provides two files on page 1, one for the integrated graphics, another one for nvidia cards. Pick-up the one that's appropriate for you

ok, so if i get this correctly, the "config.plist" file mentioned in instruction 7 is for example the "h170n-wifi-intel-config.plist" file after renaming it to "config.plist" only. thank you.

Ok, I already deleted all the entries. Then I input the code in the Shell of MacMerlin's post and nothing. It says: can not open file

Did you got something like this? Check this image:
9AQ57IH.jpg

I replaced the code from:
"bcfg boot add 05 FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot"

with my Disk name's (it's 'SSD'):
"bcfg boot add 01 SSD:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot"

WHat can I do now? :crazy:

it is actually really easy if you have windows on second drive. i read many guides about it and easiest one was this https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/tickets/226/ bottom 2 posts explains everything. i installed EasyUEFI and deleted everything but ''windows boot manager''. created osx bootloader by targeting EFI from drive which has OSX installed in it and created the entry which is shown in the picture. after that boot into OSX and mount EFI partition and rename /BOOT folder to /BOOT.bak and its done!

edit: steps taken in the second image creates entry 'osx bootloader' which is shown in the first image. so before the final image there was like 10 entries and deleted them all including any previous clover bootloaders.
J2yG9o.jpg

4lvnA4.png

Last edited:
ok, so if i get this correctly, the "config.plist" file mentioned in instruction 7 is for example the "h170n-wifi-intel-config.plist" file after renaming it to "config.plist" only. thank you.
Yes :)

Hi!
Just built a new ga-z170n-wifi/6600k hackintosh with this guide and I have to thank ammulder for the great job!
Everything seems to be working very well, really happy with the machine!
My only problems are :
- there's still a slight glitch on the apple logo during the boot, even if I added a kext patch I found on the forum, which improved the situation but didn't totally fix it
- more anoying... The login screen vanishes for a second after the boot. Check this video out : https://vid.me/oAde
I installed 10.11.5 directly, and my z170n-wifi's firmware is the latest one (f7)

Has anyone here ever encountered the same problem? Many thanks in advance for your help!!
I solved my problem by switching my monitor's refresh rate from NTSC/60Hz to PAL/50Hz in OS X options. Not a single glitch left! :)
So that problem was somehow connected to a refresh rate change... Hope this helps someone else here :)

Built my system using this guide. It was super easy with this step-by-step flawless guide. Only problem i am facing is with sleep wakeup. If the Mac is sleeping for a while, if I wake up, I get a blank screen. anyone has a solution for this? I am using Core I5-6600 with Integrated graphics.

I solved my problem by switching my monitor's refresh rate from NTSC/60Hz to PAL/50Hz in OS X options. Not a single glitch left! :)
So that problem was somehow connected to a refresh rate change... Hope this helps someone else here :)

Hey, thank you !! I have the same problem I will do that when I will come back from holidays.

And I also had some audio problems ( I couldn't get hdmi audio, audio was shut down after sleep.. ) and I've fix it with VoodooHDA instead of tha appleHDA and toleda's scripts). I've just still sleep problems ( it can't sleep, if not I have no graphics and need to reboot ). I have actually unchecked a box in the preference system, like that It don't go sleeping.. But well, it use more energy though...

Ok, I already deleted all the entries. Then I input the code in the Shell of MacMerlin's post and nothing. It says: can not open file

I replaced the code from:
"bcfg boot add 05 FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot"

with my Disk name's (it's 'SSD'):
"bcfg boot add 01 SSD:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot"

WHat can I do now? :crazy:

I'm not sure how you remove the entries, but you should leave the actual physical entries there, only removing the non physical ones.

As for the adding of entry, take note of the highest entry number after you "bcfg boot dump". Then add your new entry after that number. I'm pretty sure the entry doesn't require your disk name, but rather the "identifier" that looks something like FS0 or FS1. When you first log into the clover console, you should be able to see the disk. For my case, my main disk, a SSD, is also FS0.

Thus the command should look very similar to "bcfg boot add 05 FS0:\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI CloverBoot". You just need to take note of the "05" (your next highest entry number), and "FS0" (Disk identifier)

"Install El Capitan
Note: the speed of this installation process is not a reflection on the speed or quality of your hardware. It’s just going to take a while.
  1. Start the GA-H170N-WIFI machine with the USB drive inserted. If you don't see the Clover boot screen, restart and hit F12 at the BIOS splash screen to get a list of boot devices, and select the UEFI entry for your USB drive...."

So I'm trying everything to get this install to move, but I can't seem to do this. When I get into F12 if offers me 2 options for boot devices. My Samsung 850, which has yet to be set up, or "PMAP." I presume that PMAP actually is the UEFI entry being referred to - but then I get "Error loading operating system message." Any ideas?

I followed all steps to the letter with USB prep as well as BIOS setup - with the exception that "v-td" wasn't there in "BIOS features." It was in the "chipset" area and disabled there.

Using the correct board, with integrated, with Dell wifi chip. I will try digging through many of the pages on this to see if anyone had a similar issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back